1 or 2 chainrings?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

1 or 2 chainrings?

im not sure if i should keep 2 chainrings on my bike or if i should get rid of one and get a chainguide. i know i can get one for 2 chainrings but i wouldnt want to. im just not sure if i would have a good enough range of gears because i do somedownhilling and i also do freeriding where i have to pedal around trails.
    IS THIS SOMETHING YOU CAN SHARE WITH THE REST OF US AMAZING LARRY ?!?!?!

aircooled VW FTW

notabouttoseeyourlight
    e13 DRS boyeeeeeeee!
    cycle tracks will abound in utopia.

mtbr member
    I am in a similar position, I ride pretty much everything on my DH bike so I make use of the two chainrings. I have decided to spring for a E13 DRS, I don't think you'd have any problem with ranges of gears if you do too. However, if it were between the keeping the two rings & bashguard vs. sacrificing one ring for the single ring guide, I'd say keep the two rings and save yourself some cash. THough I suppose it all depends on your style of riding.

notabouttoseeyourlight
    Quote Originally Posted by Lickqid
    I am in a similar position, I ride pretty much everything on my DH bike so I make use of the two chainrings. I have decided to spring for a E13 DRS, I don't think you'd have any problem with ranges of gears if you do too. However, if it were between the keeping the two rings & bashguard vs. sacrificing one ring for the single ring guide, I'd say keep the two rings and save yourself some cash. THough I suppose it all depends on your style of riding.
    You can always put a bigger chainwheel on too. Your gear ratio may be wider than what's recommended by the shifter companies, but it'd probably still work.
    cycle tracks will abound in utopia.

Florida Rider
    UNO rings, thats what I like, no shifting=simplicity

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    i rock the single ringage b/c it's less parts to break and i'm broke so i couldn't afford a front deraileur and shifter anyway. but i love not having all that crap to break

Soul Cycles
    Jan 2005
    if you climb, go with a dual. if not single all the way. its simpler and u can just stick on a 38 or 36 T and ull be set
    SELLING-

Manitou Stance Statioc

Huricane FORK UP

Tioga XC Rims Still in wrap

Members who have read this thread: 0