09 Shimano Saints or Race Face Diabolus cranks Cranks?- Mtbr.com

View Poll Results: 09 Shimano Saints or Race Face Diabolus Crank set?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2009 Shimano Saints Crank set

39 86.67%
  • 2009 Race Face Diabolus Crank set

6 13.33%
    Fly High!

09 Shimano Saints or Race Face Diabolus cranks Cranks?

2009 Shimano Saints or Race Face Diabolus Cranks? It will be for a Transition Blindside DH Bike, Im looking at getting 170 lenght. The riding trails are mostly hard rock and yes I am hard on stuff, weight is not a big issue as I am running solid steal cranks right now. PS>>>>It looks like I can get either or for about the same price.
    "Its like Church to me, Like Church is, what it is for other people"

Living the High Life
    No question, Saints. The Shimano interface is my favorite and Saints are super stiff. The only guy I've seen bend Saints cased a 20 foot out, 7 foot down jump. And he weighed about 200 lbs. They were still rideable, just a little bent.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

I like air!
    I'm 200 pounds without gear and gone through some cranks mostly from smashing against rocks. Saints have help up perfectly over the past year and I agree with above about Shimano interface or more so the integrated BB and zero problems with the set-up. I give Saints a thumbs up.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Saints without question... Way easier to maintain and lighter.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

Meh.
    Saint. Better crank/spindle interface and lighter.

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    The only guy I've seen bend Saints cased a 20 foot out, 7 foot down jump.
    Riot cases jumps that big multiple times in a day

Just order the Saint's. I wouldn't ask the shop to help you with install though, they may 86 you for buying online.

sixsixtysix
    Oh yeah, and your poll needs a "I would rather ride your mom" option...
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    RF Diablous
    Stiffer than saint, not to heavy, and dont worry bout the crank/spindle interface, theres nothing wrong with it

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_M2R
    RF Diablous
    Stiffer than saint, not to heavy, and dont worry bout the crank/spindle interface, theres nothing wrong with it

Actually I run Diabolus and on my first set, I did break the spline interface. Granted, they warrantied them no questions asked, but they did break and the Saints are quite a bit lighter for 09.

Fly High!
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    Oh yeah, and your poll needs a "I would rather ride your mom" option...
    wow looks like saints! thats a lot of votes!

Fly High!

Just order the Saint's. I wouldn't ask the shop to help you with install though, they may 86 you for buying online.
    Yup its Case'oroma! HECK ya IM gona ask for my LBS to help! only after I ask them what ones to buy, then I'll buy online and come in and wonder why they just cant put them on! jk LBS

mtbr member

Haha I thought I was rough on bikes until I started riding with Riot.

I agree, get the saints, the price is right. I like mine so far, and they made it through breaking that pedal yesterday unscathed. And you can pick up that wheel for cheap from the same place while you're at it.

You know who will crap a brick though if he has two install another set of those that somebody got for less than dealer cost. Better bring presents if you do take them in there.

Fly High!
    Quote Originally Posted by flOw dOwn
    Haha I thought I was rough on bikes until I started riding with Riot.

I agree, get the saints, the price is right. I like mine so far, and they made it through breaking that pedal yesterday unscathed. And you can pick up that wheel for cheap from the same place while you're at it.

You know who will crap a brick though if he has two install another set of those that somebody got for less than dealer cost. Better bring presents if you do take them in there.
    Heck ya! I got a step by step pic of you taking off with a pedal but landing with only half a one! Ill post up tonight. Ya LBS is gona have enough bricks for a wall ride! Maybe they will price match only couple hundo

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RidingRiot
    Heck ya! I got a step by step pic of you taking off with a pedal but landing with only half a one! Ill post up tonight. Ya LBS is gona have enough bricks for a wall ride! Maybe they will price match only couple hundo
    Nice!! Yeah, always feel bad about cutting the LBS out and then taking the bike in there for work, but less than half the retail price is hard to pass up.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_M2R
    RF Diablous
    I had 4 (2 diabolus, 2 Atlas) sets wear out before I changed brands. The interface on each and every set got sloppy after 3 to 4 removal/instal cycles...

The bike biz went through this 20 years ago with the first version of the Redline Flight cranks (pre profile). They all got loose at the interface until a redesign put a pinch bolt on the crank arm.

mtbr member
    2 drops of loctite, and my RF cranks have never come loose after 6 months..

Members who have read this thread: 0