The 08 Specialized Enduro SL- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2007

The 08 Specialized Enduro SL

I just ran across the maxim review of this thing http://www.maximonline.com/Specializ...ideo/6998.aspx and that pain job is ridiculous. It looks sweet, but I'm not sure I would've taken it to Diablo to test it. That review one probably has the most beat up bottom bracket ever. I'm still thinking about picking one up, though. Anyone have any experience with them?

Meh.
    Not a freeride or DH bike.

Some of the suspension has issues. Maybe they've gotten past that. I don't dig the proprietary stuff (hub) either.

I'm not a big fan of Specialized's pricing and buisness ethics. Build quality is middle of the line... At that price, a lot is left to be desired.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Not a freeride or DH bike.

Some of the suspension has issues. Maybe they've gotten past that. I don't dig the proprietary stuff (hub) either.

I'm not a big fan of Specialized's pricing and buisness ethics. Build quality is middle of the line... At that price, a lot is left to be desired.
    I've heard similar stuff from other people as well. Oh well.

mtbr member
    May 2006

Junk..

Junk, Junk, Junk, Junk,

Meh.
    That reviewer is clueless.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Yeah I agree we have 2 of them at our shop I was messing around in the parking lot and blew out the front shock their poop garbage and not worth the money.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    that coilair review was priceless

Masher
    Well I don't think mine is junk...but I got an 07 Expert for relatively cheap and it has taken everything I've tossed at it for the past two months with no issues save one pinch flat. I haven't even had to put any air in the shock and I've made but one minor brake adjustment other than normal chain and drivetrain upkeep.

Is it a DH bike? Maybe not. But Spesh doen't claim it to be. It's a do everything bike and it sure seems to. Whatever you think about the company and the price is another issue but to say that this bike is junk is absurd. The fork, incredible. Tracks great. And whatever problems the forks have had with their cartridges has been taken care of. They fixed the few that were broken and I am yet to have any problems with mine.

The first week I had the bike I went out with a friend on a Giant 7" coil spring DH bike and I kept up just fine on the DH and blew past him on the uphills. Mostly becasue he walks them.

The price on the '08 certainly puts a bad taste in my mouth but if you can get an '07 Comp new for less than 2500 or an expert for less than 2900 I'd jump on it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    They are nice bikes.

Like Mister C said, price and hatred of the company aside they are very nice do-all bikes

Members who have read this thread: 0