08 Norco Shore 2 or 09 Spec. BigHit 2- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

... and if we just ... 08 Norco Shore 2 or 09 Spec. BigHit 2

I will be getting a new bike soon, and these were two of my choices

Both are the same price so take that out of consideration

Anyway, I was wondering which would be a better choice. I will be riding at lift accsessed bike parks, bike parks (no lifts), local trails, and pretty much anything else I can find. It will be my only bike

09 Specialized BigHit 2:
    http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/...4&menuItemId=0

08 Norco Shore 2:
    http://www.norco.com/2008bikes/templ...large.php?id=8

Cheers!
    avoid Manitou forks at all costs... they have no souls...

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I know a couple people riding the Shore at the bike park in Whistler and they really like it.

Fantlyk bike shop in Whistler has last year's on sale. You should check it out.

Can't see going uphill on one. If you're looking for a one bike solution check Knolly's website. Calgary Cycles has them on sale but they're not cheap.

Don't know anything about the big hit. Norco is using Specialized designs lately. My Team DH has Specialized patent numbers on it.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the input!
    avoid Manitou forks at all costs... they have no souls...

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I just picked up an '09 Norco Shore 2 and love it! I was on a Heckler before so not a fair comparison, but it feels great on the shuttle rides I've been doing. Suspension is really plush, it's easy and fun to jump, and takes turns well too. The downside is that it is a bit on heavy side at 43.5 lbs for Medium. You won't notice the weight much when going downhill or jumping but pedaling it does kinda suck especially without a telescopic seatpost. I'm not sure if '08 had the telescopic seatpost or not. Norco is selling '09 bikes at like 30% off right now (at least for Shore 2) and they should be able to ship the bike to any Norco dealer for $2400 total. So if you plan to pedal this bike then you might want to weigh your options, but if that's not important to you then it's a super fun bike. Oh, also it feels a bit less stable on skinnies, but I've only tried a few so far on this bike and am not very good at them.

Don't know anything about the Big Hit. Hope this helps. I don't think you'll be disappointed unless you want to pedal regularly.

Members who have read this thread: 0