07 Fox 40- Mtbr.com

Thread: 07 Fox 40

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

07 Fox 40

OK, so I picked up the 07 Fox 40. Now what do I need to get it on my bike? Will the E13 reducers fit my Chris King Head set? I need a 1 1/8 stem, a brake mount for my Hayes HFX Mag, and a 1 1/8 Chris king lower race. Does that cover it.
    Bike is a 2005 Trek Session 77.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Well thanks for all the help guys...
    Anyway, I was able to pick up the parts from Chris King to convert my 1.5 headset into a Develution headset. Cost was only $2.36 more then buying the E 13 reducer kit. Hopefully this will help someone else when they come accross they sam eissue.
    I am still not sure what brake adapters I need to make the Hayes work on my bike. The mounting system between the Manitou and the Fox is different. Any help would be great.

pwn3rator
    you need a fox/hayes style brake adapter. it is specific to the 40 because the 40 only accepts 8" brake rotors...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    The only one I have been able to find states its for a Fox 36. Will this work?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Then this should work correct?
    Adapts 51mm International Standard 20mm Thru-axle forks to work with Hayes MC74 calipers.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    the 40 has a mount that spaces the brake out 2"more than 'normal', so for an 8" front rotor, you just need a standard 6" adapter (for 51 mm not post).

If you had checked the Hayes site you would find this: part # 98-15068, smartpart# stamped on bracket 74-20D. The exact same info came up immediately when I searched for 'fox 40 brake adapter' on this very site.....

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Thanks for the help davep, I actually did do a search here under (fox 40) didn't find anything. I also went to Hayes brakes website and looked under products, hyd. brakes and didnt see anything. Thanks for taking the time to look, I do appreciate the help.

Meh.
    All you need for the brake adapter is a front IS adapter for 160mm calipers.

Members who have read this thread: 0