06 scott high octane- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

06 scott high octane

My friend just bought a 06 high octane on ebay for $1400.00. It was kind of an impulse buy, but I think well worth the price. Have any of you ridden this bike and what are your thoughts? I know one thing is for sure it is deffinately going to get tested out at N*!!

i eat rocks
    I still have the 05 high octane as my back up bike.

its a single pivot bike, simple reliable design, did he get the tools to change the head angle?

the setting i had most fun with was a little over 8 inches of travel, in the low bottom bracket setting.

better handling and enough travel to hit anything. (the 9 inch travel setting is a little overkill)

mtbr member
    I do not know if he is getting the tool to adjust head angle. He just won it on ebay and it did not say. But he already got a response and it is shipping today. I know it is a complete bike with new juicy sevens and a new manitou durado fork. I told him if he does not like the bike he could tear it down and sell the parts and the frame for more than $1400.00.

!sdrawkcab kcusuoy aH
    Quote Originally Posted by cowens677
    My friend just bought a 06 high octane on ebay for $1400.00. It was kind of an impulse buy, but I think well worth the price. Have any of you ridden this bike and what are your thoughts? I know one thing is for sure it is deffinately going to get tested out at N*!!
    You got ripped off.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tunelvision
    You got ripped off.
    Like I said I did not buy it, but if you really think he got ripped off explain why? Or are you just being a smart ass?

!sdrawkcab kcusuoy aH
    Just being a smartass. carry on.

[0!][::][0!]

i love my octane

i have an 05 octane i bought in 06 from a dealer for about 1400.. initially i had problems with the bike.. dumb stuff like the manitou fork that it came with was **** and the race face cranks wouldnt stay tight but race face and manitou had no problem doing a warranty exchange on my busted ass parts. i love my high octane to death its a blast to ride. i think your friend may have paid a little too much but im sure he will enjoy the bike.

Members who have read this thread: 0