06 RM Slayer Ride Impressions?- Mtbr.com
    Light, Strong and Long
    Jan 2005

06 RM Slayer Ride Impressions?

Anyone gotten in a ride on the new Slayer platform? Its soposed to be pretty sweet.
    Everyones got a little weight weinee in them

mtbr member
    yeah, i test-rode a slayer 50, felt really plush, almost endless travel feel, only time i bottomed it was bombing over a 8in log on the ground at 25mph, didnt feel it flex one bit.

its pretty sweet, thought with more AM orriented parts.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fooly_CoolyOo
    Anyone gotten in a ride on the new Slayer platform? Its soposed to be pretty sweet.
    The bike rides super nice. Bottomless feel and pedals amazing. The only mistake, I hate to admit my beloved Rocky made a mistake, they made is using the RP3 rear shock. It dosn't look to me like you could put a DHX Air on it and get to the adjustments. The RP3 won't stand up to much freeride. It is the only limiting factor, especialy if you were to go with the 70 or 90.
    `..><((((>`..`..`...><((((>`. .`..`...><((((> `.. `..

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I disagree with the Float RP3 comment. I've got one on my 05 Switch SL which is my primary freeride bike and I am in love with this shock. I haven't been riding it for that long so I can't say it'll hold up for ever but it does have a large volume air space etc and is supposed to be pretty reliable. I love my RP3 on my Switch cuz it's very light, smooth and the propedal adjustment genuinely works wonders. It's so easy to use and it makes a huge difference. For 2006 they supposedly made the propedal even more extreme. If you check out the MTBR reviews you'll see that there are a lot of happy people with shock and no one's seem to be breaking.

Members who have read this thread: 0