06' Boxxer WC or 05' 888RC ?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

06' Boxxer WC or 05' 888RC ?

I have a used 06' Boxxer WC I just picked up in a trade. I already have a new, in the box, an 05' 888RC that I planned on putting on my current Bullit or a new VP Free. No racing, pedalling, trail, FR , DH a little of everything. Any opinions on which fork would work out best ? It would be nice to try out both forks back to back but it would be easier to sell the 888 un-used if I went w/ the Boxxer. Thanx

Changed forever
    NO on the '05 888RC--although I do have one to sell....but if you already got a WC, stick with it! That stuff is awesome! The Boxxer WC is the only fork (888 included) that has been succesfully tuned for me, so that's where I'm coming from.

I CAN ALWAYS GO BIGGER
    go boxxer all the way, it is much lighter, lots off my friends sold there 888's to get a boxxer.The 05' 888 is wicked tall therefore changing your frame geometry. Oh, and if you your frame to feel normal, you have to spend $200 for the flat crowns!

mtbr member
    i'll trade a dh40rc2 for the boxxer if you're at all interested. dope fork im just a gear whore and get tired of parts for no reason.
    (ps- 40's can be adjusted from 6-8" so you could keep the bullit with the right geo with the right fork height...)

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Bull
    i'll trade a dh40rc2 for the boxxer if you're at all interested. dope fork im just a gear whore and get tired of parts for no reason.
    (ps- 40's can be adjusted from 6-8" so you could keep the bullit with the right geo with the right fork height...)
    nice try...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles

Members who have read this thread: 0