05 888 spring rate- Mtbr.com
    pedal screamer
    Aug 2008

05 888 spring rate

i just bought a used 05 marzocchi 888 rc fork with the heavy springs. there isent enouf sag ( 1 inch) and i am only using 5.5 inches of travel out of 8. most likely because i am 145 pounds. my question is should i get the medium springs or the light springs. i like my supension very plush but i dont want it to bottom out i need to no if the light springs will cause my fork to bottom with low compression dampening hitting about 10 foot drops.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    definitely call Marz. I had a similar question and they were really helpful.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I would go with the light springs at your weight. The stockers seemed to work for most people up to about 175 lbs or so. I ran one firm and one stock at 185 - 190 lbs.

Have a read of the go-ride.com article on that fork. http://www.go-ride.com/WSWrapper.jsp...RidingTips.htm Some good info for sure. The compression sleeve makes a big difference as well (good) and with some enginuity you can make something yourself for a couple of bucks..shoot me a PM after you read the article and I can give you some hints for making your own compression sleeve if you want.

Members who have read this thread: 0