04 Z150 for a 02 Boxxer?- Mtbr.com
    N* Bomber Crew

04 Z150 for a 02 Boxxer?

Hey guys. If you haven't noticed, I recently purchased a Weyless 67 from Supergo, came with a Marzocchi Z150 DO. I actually really like it, and I planned on keeping it.

I got a offer which I think is pretty good. My friend is offering me his 2002 Rock Shox Boxxer with new oil and softer springs for my 04 Z150.

I am sort of concerned. If it was a 04 Boxxer I would immediatley go for it. But I really like the way the Z150 rides, and I am thinking that a dual crown fork wouldn't suit my riding style. (Trails, FR)

The weight would be around the same, the fork only has a few scratches on the lowers, and its in good condition. I just really like my 04 Z150, and I am wondering if the Boxxer is really worth it...

Thanks for any help.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

[email protected] NYC Freerider
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    Hey guys. If you haven't noticed, I recently purchased a Weyless 67 from Supergo, came with a Marzocchi Z150 DO. I actually really like it, and I planned on keeping it.

I got a offer which I think is pretty good. My friend is offering me his 2002 Rock Shox Boxxer with new oil and softer springs for my 04 Z150.

I am sort of concerned. If it was a 04 Boxxer I would immediatley go for it. But I really like the way the Z150 rides, and I am thinking that a dual crown fork wouldn't suit my riding style. (Trails, FR)

The weight would be around the same, the fork only has a few scratches on the lowers, and its in good condition. I just really like my 04 Z150, and I am wondering if the Boxxer is really worth it...

Thanks for any help.
    i wouldnt trade a 04 Z-150 for a 2002 boxxer. i dont believe thats a fair trade. peformance wise, the boxxer aint worth it. reliability -wise, the boxxer aint worth it at all. not a fair trade at all. anyway, you said it yourself--
    I really like the way the Z150 rides, and I am thinking that a dual crown fork wouldn't suit my riding style. (Trails, FR)

N* Bomber Crew
    Yeah I think I am going to have to go nay on the Boxxer deal.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

da giant head

Thanks for any help.
    go wit the z150. Boxxer 02 for a z150 not a fair trade at all

surf-ride-repeat
    Your friend straight trying to gank ya son.

That's complete bs...

keep your Marz.

Cynical Bystander
    If he offered a bit of cash it wouldnt' be too bad, because as we all know the 02 Boxxer is the best Boxxer that was ever made.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

New project, TBA shortly
    Uhhhhh, if its the z150 drop off (DO?) the boxxer compression will be quite a bit better. Marz says that the DO has ETA, which would be a nice feature if you use it, plus the fact that its a single-crown fork is nice too for trails/FR. Try both, and see which you like better. Personally I'd go for the boxxer, but that's just me. If you're looking for something that feels a little better see about getting an HSCV cart from marz, should only be $100 or so...

surf-ride-repeat
    Quote Originally Posted by dante
    Uhhhhh, if its the z150 drop off (DO?) the boxxer compression will be quite a bit better. Marz says that the DO has ETA, which would be a nice feature if you use it, plus the fact that its a single-crown fork is nice too for trails/FR. Try both, and see which you like better. Personally I'd go for the boxxer, but that's just me. If you're looking for something that feels a little better see about getting an HSCV cart from marz, should only be $100 or so...

Good looking out, I didn't see that it was a DO... if the Marz doesn't have hscv carts, than I totally agree... sorry I should have read more thouroughly...

Thanks and great post.

jump, crash, and roll

Thanks for any help.

no never trade forks keep marzo. rock shox blow.... seals
    SEnd it.

Glad to Be Alive

Thanks for any help.
    for durability I would keep the Marzocchi Z150. 02 Boxxers seals leak a lot.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Glad to Be Alive

Thanks for any help.
    for durability I would keep the Marzocchi Z150. 02 Boxers seals leak a lot.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days