1 side: SSV
    Adjustability: PL/R
    External: preload adjuster
    External: rebound adjuster
    Spring type: Dual Coil
    Travel: 170 mm
    Steer tube: Alloy FR
    Drop-out type: QR20 Pro
    Are you looking at what to buy or whether it'd be worth going from a jr.t to a supert? If you have the money definitely go for it. Also depends on your type of riding. If you're doing any sort of fast dh or racing don't get the jr.t it'll spike and you won't like it. But if you're just gonna do some drops and some slower tech stuff then the jr.t will probably be fine. but again, supert would be much better in either case i think.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Frequent Flyer
    Jan 2004
    Yes, it is worth it. Jr. T's suck on anything fast with bumps. However, you dont have to buy the whole new fork. You can buy the HSCV cartridges for the super T, and have them installed in your Jr. T. I think it costs about $150.

Quote Originally Posted by I_8_It_up
    Is it worth the upgrade to a Super T?

Jr-T:
    Technical specs:
    Damping system: Open Bath SSV
    Adjustability: PL
    Steer tube: Steel or Alloy FR
    Drop-out type: Standard

Super T:
    Technical specs:
    Damping system 1 side: Open Bath HSCV cartridges
    1 side: SSV
    Adjustability: PL/R
    External: rebound adjuster
    Steer tube: Alloy FR
    Drop-out type: QR20 Pro

Authority is dead!

jrt is crap!

Get an '03 SuperT.
    For the love of Oi

Rent a house at Attitash

mtbr member

for real..

Jr T isnt really made for any kind of DH riding just mostly freeride at slow speeds. Go for the Super T its butter man. I just got my 04 its freakin sick. I raced it last weekend and I loved it SOOO much well worth the 150$ extra bucks it costs.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky13
    Get an '03 SuperT.
    Egg-zactly

Your LBS might be able to get them from QBP. My LBS got one for me in Feb. and one for someone else at the beginning of Mar.
    Turn your head and cough.

banned
    Reason I was asking is because I have an 888rt that came on my ride. Well it makes the frame too high and I really don't need 8 inches or travel. I put it up for sale but also put it up for a trade for a Super T. I had a guy email me asking if I'd trade for an 04 Jr-t plus cash for it, brand new. I'm sure it'll end up selling and I can get the SuperT, I was just wondering if there's that much of a difference between the two. I really like the 888rt, but to replace the drop crowns (to lower the frame) and to replace the internals and make it basically a Super T with the 888 beefyness would run me about $300. So I decided to just sell it and buy the SUper T as that's what I'm after anyhow.

I think I'm biting off more than I can chew for pedaling around, but I just like to have the beefyness there when needed. I'll probably be doing about 70% pedal to the top bomb down type stuff, the other 25% will be spent every other weekend at Whistler or shuttling something local. I can only afford one steed, so I'm trying to do the 7" travel bike under 40lbs gig....

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    The Super T will be an improvement over the 888RT because of the more advanced damping. The HSCV is supposed to be more sensitive than the SSV/F; I'd definately go with the Super T, either this year's or last year's. I'm riding an '03 Z1 FR right now and it feels really nice; I'd imagine the that the Super T feels just as good, being the triple crown counterpart. I can't really compare to another fork though, since I've only had time on the Z1 FR. However, I was going to get the Z1 Drop-Off II, which has SSV damping. I was convinced to get the FR instead, and don't regret it.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by miufahkiu
    The Super T will be an improvement over the 888RT because of the more advanced damping. The HSCV is supposed to be more sensitive than the SSV/F; I'd definately go with the Super T, either this year's or last year's. I'm riding an '03 Z1 FR right now and it feels really nice; I'd imagine the that the Super T feels just as good, being the triple crown counterpart. I can't really compare to another fork though, since I've only had time on the Z1 FR. However, I was going to get the Z1 Drop-Off II, which has SSV damping. I was convinced to get the FR instead, and don't regret it.
    Yeah I picked up the Z150 dropoff that came on a norco six I parted out and the test ride in the parking lot was fanominal! (sp?) But I'm hesitant to run a single crown fork at 225lbs. It sure did feel nice but I think the extra money spent on the triple crown will help stabilize the fork for someone my size, plus it has an extra inch of travel. I do have to say that the 888rt does feel pretty nice though, it's just too large for what I'll be doing.

Bighit Evangalest

The adjustments for the Junior T

Are not as they advertise them, or as they advtised them when they were released. They are even different to what it says in the manual that comes with them.
    The 04s dont have any rebound dampening adjustment. They are supposed to be internally adjustable but they arent. You just get a preload adjustment for the spring in each leg and thats it. I was totally gutted when I found this out. Marz wont reply to any of my emails with regards to this.
    In saying that I do like my junior T but I use it for freeride and not for really fast downhill....

user-created
    Quote Originally Posted by jungleuk
    The 04s dont have any rebound dampening adjustment. They are supposed to be internally adjustable but they arent. You just get a preload adjustment for the spring in each leg and thats it.

The Junior-T *has* a rebound adjustment, but you need a special tool to use it. You also hafta take your fork apart to make the adjustment.

Anyways, don't trade a 888 for a Jr. T, that'd be madness.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrack
    The Junior-T *has* a rebound adjustment, but you need a special tool to use it. You also hafta take your fork apart to make the adjustment.

Well it was going to be a trade + cash but I can see that my original plan of going with the super t is choice. So it looks like the 888 is on the chopping block and the proceeds will be going to my Super t purchase. I really like the 888, it's just too damn tall for my short @ss.
    Last edited by I_8_It_up; 04-07-2004 at 09:19 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrack

In regards to the special tool, it is a size 10 metric hex, 17 1/4" long. All you
    have to do is unscrew the top caps and adjust. Total rotation is 6 1/4 turns.
    Fully turned clockwise will give you stupid crazy fast rebound. Fully turned
    counter clockwise will rebound slow enough to watch it rebound to fully extended
    when off the bike. 1 1/2 turn from full slow seems about right for me.

I would look into getting a size 10 hex with an all thread welded to it.

Flyin Canine
    Quote Originally Posted by I_8_It_up
    Well it was going to be a trade + cash but I can see that my original plan of going with the super t is choice. So it looks like the 888 is on the chopping block and the proceeds will be going to my Super t purchase. I really like the 888, it's just too damn tall for my short @ss.
    Good choice. I rented one of the kona bikes at whistler last year with the 03 jr t and as everyone said the damping spiked through the fast stutters. My 99 Z1 felt way better in the quality of travel. I would go with the super-t.