03 Rampage what kind of fork can I get away with- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008

03 Rampage what kind of fork can I get away with

So, I have an 03 Norco Rampage frame. Frame calls for a 24inch wheel in the back from what I've been able to gather online and what not. I'm building the bike up as a hard tail dh/fr rig and I am looking at maybe putting a set of Totems(180mm) on it. My concern is that this is over kill in terms of head tube stress, does anyone know what the limitations are of the frame in terms of long travel forks on it? ie what is the max travel I should be looking at?? Any help would be great. Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lajkonik
    So, I have an 03 Norco Rampage frame. Frame calls for a 24inch wheel in the back from what I've been able to gather online and what not. I'm building the bike up as a hard tail dh/fr rig and I am looking at maybe putting a set of Totems(180mm) on it. My concern is that this is over kill in terms of head tube stress, does anyone know what the limitations are of the frame in terms of long travel forks on it? ie what is the max travel I should be looking at?? Any help would be great. Thanks
    I have an 03 rampage as well, I ran a 150 mm z1 and a 170mm DC super t on it for years without issue. I ran my rampage with a 26 and a 24 both worked well.
    Transition Bikes 2008

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    sounds good,
    totems it is then cheers

Members who have read this thread: 0