*Official* Steve Peat is God Thread (merged)- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 49 of 49
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    11

    Steve Peats New Team

    CHECK OUT
    www.dirtmag.co.uk

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zachdank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,303
    are you his agent

  3. #3
    pwn3rator
    Reputation: scabrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,640
    more like his b!tch...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

  4. #4
    I hate texas
    Reputation: Chicodude01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by scabrider
    more like his b!tch...
    ouch.
    Respect Cape Cult Member #21 "The California Respector"

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Red Bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by scabrider
    more like his b!tch...
    sure...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

  6. #6
    Absurd
    Reputation: MVRIDER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    920
    Good news for SC. If Peaty can stay healthy, the combo of him and Rennie should bring SC the Worlds that they are after.

  7. #7
    N* Bomber Crew
    Reputation: Raptordude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,271
    Santa Cruz is gaining a lot of riders and popularity now, but for some reason I can't see Santa Cruz as a true racing team. I could see Intense, Yeti, Turner, Specialized more so in the pits for some odd reason.....
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

  8. #8
    Absurd
    Reputation: MVRIDER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    920
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    Santa Cruz is gaining a lot of riders and popularity now, but for some reason I can't see Santa Cruz as a true racing team. I could see Intense, Yeti, Turner, Specialized more so in the pits for some odd reason.....
    They didn't have a very big presence on the NORBA circuit this year (I think intentionally). Henry and Kirt were in some of the events, but I think alot of them concentrated on the UCI stuff, where as Yeti and Honda Turner were all over the fricken place.

  9. #9
    Road/XC/Freeride
    Reputation: Ace1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    376
    Well that frickin' sucks (me being an Orange fanboy )

    Seriously though, why Santa Cruz?!?

    The V10 is a nice bike, but it's no downhill monster (like the 224 IMO).

    Really quite dissapointed in him...

    Cedric Gracia is now my fav rider!
    I'm on the Twitter.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by scabrider
    more like his b!tch...
    Listen if you have no skills and have no idea who you are talking to keep your trap shut before i call your mom to come pick you up from school.

  11. #11
    I wanna talk to Samson!
    Reputation: konabiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace1
    Well that frickin' sucks (me being an Orange fanboy )

    Seriously though, why Santa Cruz?!?

    The V10 is a nice bike, but it's no downhill monster (like the 224 IMO).

    Really quite dissapointed in him...

    Cedric Gracia is now my fav rider!
    Loser.

    Rob Roskopp wants to win a world cup title for Santa Cruz; he obviously thinks (and I do too) that Peaty is the man to do it. Santa Cruz can offer Peat better race support and pay him way more.
    JackNugz

    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

  12. #12
    Road/XC/Freeride
    Reputation: Ace1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by konabiker
    Loser.
    You don't need to tell people that you're a loser before you post - that, they can work out from reading your posts.

    I understand that you're just trying to warn people but I think everyone here know already.

    Chump.

    On a more serious note: What's wrong? Just because I have enthusiasm for the racing side of mountain biking and the competitors... don't you have a fav racer?

    As people have said, Santa Cruz bikes aren't really racing rigs (yet) whereas the 224 is nothing but a racing rig! TBH, if I was him, I'd have gone all around the houses before joing Santa Cruz (like I rather fancy one of those C'Dale Gacia DHs - YUM!
    I'm on the Twitter.

  13. #13
    high school loser
    Reputation: nobody242424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,313
    damn i really liked him racing for orange, but watever peat still kicks ass.....
    member of the ZombiEKilleRSquadron
    "we kill zombies dead"

    98% of all teens do drugs or have tried them, if you are in the 98% range, copy and paste this in to your signature

  14. #14
    T.Dot Represent
    Reputation: finchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,290
    what the hell im british and would much rather see him on an orange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    fiiiiiiiiiiiinchizzzzzzzzzzle

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Red Bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace1
    As people have said, Santa Cruz bikes aren't really racing rigs (yet) whereas the 224 is nothing but a racing rig!
    You my friend have obviously never ridden a v10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

  16. #16
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by finchy
    what the hell im british and would much rather see him on an orange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    According to people on RM (mostly Fraser aka Transcend), it seems that SC made a deal to Peat that Orange just couldn't match and that's that apparently. From my understanding Peat will be on the UK team so I'm sure it won't be quite what we're anticipating as far as involvement in the US with Norbas and such, my guess is he sticks mostly to UCI type stuff and international races.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  17. #17
    N* Bomber Crew
    Reputation: Raptordude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,271
    I dunno, Orange is kinda fading away since they aren't "Keeping up with new suspension trends" IE...still Single Pivot. I personally like SIngle Pivot for DH cause it feels like a lighter bike that is more whippable and springable...but I'd imagine that FSR, VPP and Thrust Link will all dominate in a wide variety of downhill terrain.

    A lot of people don't come to this very...hmm...happily because Steve Peat was a idol/image on his Orange. He was the crazy Brit riding a bike made and based in his country. He seemed spirited to win it for England and ride something that is based in his country. (Isn't Orange a british brand? I really hope I am right)

    I like the V10, but theres something that doesn't allow it to completley click with me. If I could have one DH bike, it wouldn't be the V10, it would be a Intense M3. Its practically the same bike, but some of the things that ARE different with the M3 are more appealing. The V10 just doesn't click with me, even though its a freakin hott bike.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Prarie Freerider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    106
    Ya,
    I think that Orange is kinda staying behind as far as suspension.

  19. #19
    N* Bomber Crew
    Reputation: Raptordude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Prarie Freerider
    Ya,
    I think that Orange is kinda staying behind as far as suspension.
    Not really staying behind, just sticking with what they do best.

    Its nothing bad or anything. Making a quality Single Pivot is just as good as making a quality VPP, FSR, or Thrust Link Bike. As long as people have varieity, there will be riders riding your bikes.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

  20. #20
    Buckle Up
    Reputation: WheelieMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    896
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    According to people on RM (mostly Fraser aka Transcend), it seems that SC made a deal to Peat that Orange just couldn't match and that's that apparently. From my understanding Peat will be on the UK team so I'm sure it won't be quite what we're anticipating as far as involvement in the US with Norbas and such, my guess is he sticks mostly to UCI type stuff and international races.
    According to the press release at Ridemonkey, Steve Peat will be on Santa Cruz Syndicate. (AKA the factory team) Syndicate as a whole didn't attend any Norbas last year, so I don't forsee Peat changing anything. I believe the last Norba he raced was Durango in 03.

    I think my IQ has dropped since visiting this thread...
    <><

  21. #21
    Buckle Up
    Reputation: WheelieMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    896
    Quote Originally Posted by Prarie Freerider
    Ya,
    I think that Orange is kinda staying behind as far as suspension.
    I don't feel that Orange is falling behind at all, because they have a special segment of the market. Some people are willing to sacrifice suspension performance (mega chaingrowth, falling rate) for a sub 40 lb bike. But I do feel that by lowering the pivot on the 224, Orange is taking a step in the right direction.
    <><

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RobsterCraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,417
    I, for one, don't give a **** whos riding what. can I get an Amen?

  23. #23
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieMan
    According to the press release at Ridemonkey, Steve Peat will be on Santa Cruz Syndicate. (AKA the factory team) Syndicate as a whole didn't attend any Norbas last year, so I don't forsee Peat changing anything. I believe the last Norba he raced was Durango in 03.

    I think my IQ has dropped since visiting this thread...
    Thanks for clearing it up Spencer. I haven't read through that new thread over there yet.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Red Bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieMan
    I don't feel that Orange is falling behind at all, because they have a special segment of the market. Some people are willing to sacrifice suspension performance (mega chaingrowth, falling rate) for a sub 40 lb bike. But I do feel that by lowering the pivot on the 224, Orange is taking a step in the right direction.
    Yes we all know it, RM is safer... haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

  25. #25
    Disco-Superfly
    Reputation: Jake_HT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,850
    I bet the v10 will make him faster...
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    24

    Steve Peat is now on the Syndicate!!!!!

    Sources just confirmed that Steve Peat is now a full member of the Santa Cruz Syndicate! Word is that he signed a three year deal

    Imagine what damage will be done on the V10 for next year!!

    thank you SS for the info
    www.ride-this.com
    [email protected]

  27. #27
    Hung Like a Lightswitch
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    788
    I pulled this off stevepeat.com

    "7 November 2005
    Big decision!!
    After some tough thinking time I have made my decision to join the Santa Cruz Syndicate team for 06.Being with Orange for the last 4 years has been amazing for me and I am very thank full to all at Orange for helping me win 2 World titles and numerous other races. It has been long and very hard for me to come to this decision but I truly think it is the best for my racing career. To have a Professional race set up like Santa Cruz behind me is going to allow me to focus 100% on my racing. I am sad to leave Orange and would like to thank everyone there for making the last 4 years fun and supporting me at the races. I am excited to be able to ride the Santa Cruz range of bikes, especially the V10. Look out for me riding a Santa Cruz in the New Year. Cheers..........................Steve

    Posted by: Steve Peat"

    Wow, Peaty <i><b>and</b></i> Rennie? This is gonna be a team to reckon with!!!

  28. #28
    go big or go home
    Reputation: bentimby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    914
    Quote Originally Posted by RobsterCraw
    I, for one, don't give a **** whos riding what. can I get an Amen?
    amen, its the rider not the rig

    Get off yer arse and on yere bike!

  29. #29
    no big deal
    Reputation: skahtrisoxide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    157

    Kathy Sessler

    Here's Kathy Sessler's press release.
    http://pinkbike.com/modules/news/?op...leview&id=2915
    Enjoy yourself, bi***es.
    It's a celebration.
    -Dave Chappelle-

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace1
    Well that frickin' sucks (me being an Orange fanboy )

    Seriously though, why Santa Cruz?!?

    The V10 is a nice bike, but it's no downhill monster (like the 224 IMO).

    Really quite dissapointed in him...

    Cedric Gracia is now my fav rider!
    yeah your right virtual pivot has no place in racing only hcuking under super t, get him back on old technology he will go way faster

  31. #31
    no big deal
    Reputation: skahtrisoxide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzy jibber
    yeah your right virtual pivot has no place in racing only hcuking under super t, get him back on old technology he will go way faster
    I wanna see Sanjay vs Peaty race dual slalom on beach cruisers.
    Enjoy yourself, bi***es.
    It's a celebration.
    -Dave Chappelle-

  32. #32
    Bum Buzzer
    Reputation: Huck Banzai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    Not really staying behind, just sticking with what they do best.

    Its nothing bad or anything. Making a quality Single Pivot is just as good as making a quality VPP, FSR, or Thrust Link Bike. As long as people have varieity, there will be riders riding your bikes.
    Most expensive, highest tech bike out there - under a UCI champ..

    Honda RN01

    Single Pivot

    Other world cup winners:

    Peaty - Orange 224 - Single Pivot
    Fabien Barel - Kona Stab - Linkage Single Pivot
    Cedric Gracia - C'Dale Gemini/Gracia - Single Pivot (Now linkage)
    Most respected race frame to date: Turner DHR - Linkage Single.

    All of these own FSR and VPP (Et al) for podiums - Ongoing.

  33. #33
    Bum Buzzer
    Reputation: Huck Banzai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,988
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieMan
    I don't feel that Orange is falling behind at all, because they have a special segment of the market. Some people are willing to sacrifice suspension performance (mega chaingrowth, falling rate) for a sub 40 lb bike. But I do feel that by lowering the pivot on the 224, Orange is taking a step in the right direction.
    There is ABSOLUTELY no sacrifice of suspension performance. As the above message points out, and the fact that virtually all motorcycles, and all MX bikes are single pivot attests to the fact it is 'IT'.

    VPP, FSR, Etc... are all excellent and certainly pedal more efficiently and handle suspension feedback better - but they DONT suspend better.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    40
    dont think that sponsorship deals are primarily about the choice of fav bikes... most world class riders will make the best out of the equipment the ride. IMHO

  35. #35
    Absurd
    Reputation: MVRIDER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    920
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace1

    As people have said, Santa Cruz bikes aren't really racing rigs (yet) whereas the 224 is nothing but a racing rig! TBH, if I was him, I'd have gone all around the houses before joing Santa Cruz (like I rather fancy one of those C'Dale Gacia DHs - YUM!
    Yes, lately I have found the V-10 to be much better for trials. I've also run it on a 24 hour race. But a dh race bike it is not.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    188
    [QUOTE=konabiker]Loser.

    Rob Roskopp wants to win a world cup title for Santa Cruz;

    I had a Rob Roskopp skateboard about 15-20 years ago!

  37. #37
    Buckle Up
    Reputation: WheelieMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    896
    Quote Originally Posted by Huck Banzai
    There is ABSOLUTELY no sacrifice of suspension performance. As the above message points out, and the fact that virtually all motorcycles, and all MX bikes are single pivot attests to the fact it is 'IT'.

    VPP, FSR, Etc... are all excellent and certainly pedal more efficiently and handle suspension feedback better - but they DONT suspend better.
    ??? Where did I say that I dislike single-pivots? I ride a single-pivot myself for downhill...

    What I said, is that an enormous amount of chaingrowth is detrimental to a bike's performance. Also, a falling rate is not the best way to design a bike. In no way do these two factors have anything to do with the number of pivots.
    <><

  38. #38
    rollin
    Reputation: sriracha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,646
    i'd take a V10 over an orange any day, especially if i was paid to.

  39. #39
    Now with flavor!!
    Reputation: kidwoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,612
    Quote Originally Posted by MVRIDER
    Yes, lately I have found the V-10 to be much better for trials. I've also run it on a 24 hour race. But a dh race bike it is not.
    Be careful. I hear the moncoque section expands to the point of exploding when you get too close to a starting gate. The high frequency beeps ressonate the frame too much. Definitely a dirtjumper.

  40. #40
    Absurd
    Reputation: MVRIDER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    920
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    Be careful. I hear the moncoque section expands to the point of exploding when you get too close to a starting gate. The high frequency beeps ressonate the frame too much. Definitely a dirtjumper.

    I've heard similar stories. Based on a post from "so and so" + the fact that a buddy of mine did a parking lot test on a bike that is kinda like it + some garbage numbers I pulled off their website= I agree

    Aint e-knowledge great!!!

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Slayer77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1998
    Posts
    179

    V10... Not a race Rig? Really?

    Rennie?

    Condrashoff?

    Keene?

    O'donnell?

    Vorheis?


    Not a race rig? The V10 was built for racing.

    Thanks,Forrest

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    II like the V10, but theres something that doesn't allow it to completley click with me. If I could have one DH bike, it wouldn't be the V10, it would be a Intense M3. Its practically the same bike, but some of the things that ARE different with the M3 are more appealing. The V10 just doesn't click with me, even though its a freakin hott bike.
    The V10 is about a half pound lighter than a M3. The unsagged geometry is alittle steeper head angle and higher BB than the M3, but the V10 has slightly more travel so it sags in a bit more aswell.
    The V10 was designed to be a race bike from day one. Santa Cruz has had all of their roots in racing if you look back in the books, but their bikes have been built strong enough to take any abuse. Many of you might have the misconception that they are a freeride company because you are hung up on the fact that Super T is a hucker who happened to ride a v10, but don't ignore the fact that the successful sunrace team was running them around that same time and the current success of Rennie on the latest generation of the frame.

  43. #43
    pwn3rator
    Reputation: scabrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,640
    at least the v10 doesn't have crazy brake-jack, or at least i hear it this way...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayer77
    Rennie?

    Condrashoff?

    Keene?

    O'donnell?

    Vorheis?


    Not a race rig? The V10 was built for racing.

    Thanks,Forrest

    In that order too! haha

  45. #45
    Road/XC/Freeride
    Reputation: Ace1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    376
    Glad we're all in agreement.

    There's also some confusion over what I said... I said the V-10 isn't a thoroughbred race bike (list of races it's won in comparisson to 224 please...) - I didn't say it's not a downhill bike (I mean.. duh!).
    I'm on the Twitter.

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    17
    Hell yeah, you all secretly love the V10.

  47. #47
    I HUCK WITH CHUCK
    Reputation: ThoughtfulPirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,319
    Quote Originally Posted by RobsterCraw
    I, for one, don't give a **** whos riding what. can I get an Amen?

    Amen.

  48. #48
    Absurd
    Reputation: MVRIDER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    920
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace1

    I said the V-10 isn't a thoroughbred race bike
    What else would you do with it?

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Red Bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace1
    Glad we're all in agreement.

    There's also some confusion over what I said... I said the V-10 isn't a thoroughbred race bike (list of races it's won in comparisson to 224 please...) - I didn't say it's not a downhill bike (I mean.. duh!).
    You must be from the land of cruisers called "mountain bikes" arent you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.