SendIt

Finally a 5c owner!!!

So after 2 weeks of waiting my 5c showed up at REI yesterday. Went and picked it up today.

I dont know if it happened in shipping or when the employee at REI put it together but the rear triangle has a small chip in the paint. The chip isnt all the way down to the carbon fiber. Seems to just be the top coat, the base coat it still there.

REI was cool about it and gave me another $100 off and i talked them into converting it to tubeless for me with Stans sealant which is usually around a $50 service. It wasnt hard to convert to tubeless since it came tubeless ready but thought might as well have them do it if i can. Save me the time and energy.

Overall im super happy with the bike so far. Just took it for a little rip around the block and down the canal behind my backyard. Happy with my decision to buy the 5c. Was kinda bummed about the chip but im over it now, and besides its bound to get beat up on the trails..

Here are a few pics before I took the reflectors off, had to take photos before it got dark. Wont be able to go riding until the smoke clears up from the Paradise camp fires up here in Northern California. The smoke is thick as hell, and air quality is horrible. Not a good time to be outside doing activities.

Edit: Another thing that kinda pissed me off was the Employee that put it together also put the extra downtube protector that was suppose to be for protecting the downtube from your tailgate if you transport it over the tailgate. They stuck it on way lower than its suppose to be. Its suppose to be all the way up towards the top. They lined it up with the other protector at the bottom. No biggie but just kinda pissed me off. Why put it on, its for the owner to put on if he chooses too. Oh well...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Finally a 5c owner!!!-20181117_160312.jpg  

Finally a 5c owner!!!-20181117_160320.jpg  

Finally a 5c owner!!!-20181117_160327.jpg  

Finally a 5c owner!!!-20181117_160413.jpg  

Finally a 5c owner!!!-20181117_160417.jpg  

Last edited by NorcalMtbAddict; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:52 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Nice!! I have the release 3 and really like it. The only thing I wish I could change on it is a longer dropper post.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

SendIt
    Quote Originally Posted by jarvis243 View Post
    Nice!! I have the release 3 and really like it. The only thing I wish I could change on it is a longer dropper post.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    What size dropper does it have? I bought a large so it comes with a 150mm dropper, which is perfect for my size. With the dropper all the way down in the seat post, its a perfect height for pedaling when full extended. Maybe try and get a bigger dropper post if possible..

Super excited to take this beast for a rip on some of the local tracks as soon as the smoke clears out from the fires in Northern California...

SendIt
    Am i posting pictures the wrong way, it seems like the pictures where taken down. Maybe it was just a mistake on my part. I reposted them but if im doing it wrong or its against rules to post them the way i did. Please let me know, i will be more than happy to do it the correct way.

Thanks

Rocket Sturgeon
    Are you using the upload feature on the board?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Finally a 5c owner!!!-img_20181107_162608.jpg  

SendIt
    Quote Originally Posted by usuallylost View Post
    Are you using the upload feature on the board?
    No im not, im using imgur to host the pictures for me. And embedding them into my post. So i take it thats the wrong way, or that isnt allowed on this forum??

EDIT: I figured out how to upload the correct way threw this forum im pretty sure now. Only problem is, its making my pictures turn sideways...

JT1
    mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    A beautiful bicycle! Congratulations and thanks for sharing it with us.

I've a lowly Release 1 that i think is the cat's meow. The Release is a wonderful machine.

Rocket Sturgeon
    Very nice cycle, for certain! Glad you got it figgered out, for the most part.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Any updates?

SendIt
    Quote Originally Posted by fst96se View Post
    Any updates?
    I have been on a couple rides. Nothing to serious yet with all the rain we have had. Seems like frist the smoke was bad from the fires and now that it has cleared, the rain isnt letting up...

So far been loving it. I got an MRP ramp controller installed and have been messing with that. Dont know if I like the MRP ramp controller yet. Might just try some good old volume spacers if i feel the controller isnt really doing anything. Time will tell. Also looking at getting an oval chainring soon. Besides that nothing really exciting yet. Have yet to take it to Mt. Diablo or any of the more serious trails. Just a few rides on the local trails.

I couldnt be happier thus far. I love how easy the bike is to throw around as i like jumping and hucking objects. Im more of a throw the bike around type of rider, rather than go as fast as i can. And i think this geometry is perfect for that. The shorter chain stays makes it super fun to just jump any and everything. Like i had said earlier this is my first high end MTB so im still fairly new to it. I do have experience on a Trek i rode for a few months and i can tell you I like this bike alot more.

I will update you guys when i get some serious riding in. Hopefully soon. It has been sunny the past couple days, and i have this weekend off. So i might take it on a little road trip up to some nice trails...