Diamondback Release Build Complete- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2017

Diamondback Release Build Complete

Welp after 2 years, I think my bike is complete after getting my new shock installed today.. Pretty proud of my Release. Started life as a Release 1 but is far from it now. I'm guessing it's one of the most unique aluminum Releases out there. I love the platform and I am keeping a loose eye on people selling a carbon frame version to complete the build.
    Figured I share. This bike has been so good as my first legit MTB. I live in the Midwest, so it's more then I really need on my local Chicagoland trails but still pedals well enough to have fun and be fast, but the few weekends a year I make it down to Bentonville, Pisgah, Brown County, or up to Marquette and Copper Harbor it's enough bike for anything I have the balls to try.
    Fork: SR Suntour Auron PCS RC2 150mm fork
    Shock: SR Suntour Tri-Air PCS 3CR
    Drivetrain: XX1 11 speed shifter and derailleur, Truvativ Stylo Carbon crankset 30t eagle chaingring, e13 Trs+ 9-46 cassette.
    Brakes: Guide RS Carbon with 180mm rotors
    Wheels: DT Swiss XM421 on DT 350 Hubs 36 star ratchet.
    Tires: Forekaster Front 2.35/Ardent Race Rear 2.35
    Seatpost: Brand-X Ascend XL 170mm w/ Wolftooth Remote
    Saddle: WTB Volt Race
    HandleBars: Renthal Fatbar LITE 35MM Carbon Riser
    Weight: 30.6 Lbs

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Diamondback Release Build Complete-img_0079.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Nice bike... I have the same release 1 edition and love it. How does the suspension you put on differ from the rockshox yari/monarch R combo that it came with?

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by neeko b View Post
    Nice bike... I have the same release 1 edition and love it. How does the suspension you put on differ from the rockshox yari/monarch R combo that it came with?

Front fork is more on level with something like a Pike RTC3 or Fox Performance Elite. Has a higher end damper and is much more adjustable. Has both High and Low Speed compression, as well as the normal stuff like rebound, tokens/spacers etc. Just an overall more capable fork. Same with the shock, offers 3 levels of compression adjustment and one is a near lockout, not that it's needed too much on the level link platform, it also has a piggyback which helps keep the shock performing as designed on long and rough descents. It's built off the same platform as the DVO Topaz and Monarch+ RC3 that comes on the Diamondback Release. The way I've specced it now, it's essentially equal to or better in a few regards then then the Release 3 or the 5c outside of the obvious carbon frame.