mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Anyone have an El Oso Tres?

Thinking about picking one of these up, but I can't find much information online as far as reviews and user feedback. Does anyone have one that is willing to share what they think of this bike?

I like the purple!

mtbr member
    I don't have the Tres, but I do have the original El Oso (Blue). The frame and fork are the same. It differs in color, crankset (RF Ride 2X vs RF Aeffect 1X), 10-spd vs 11-spd, better rims but I believe the hubs are the same. Other parts may be newer but I've upgrade mine to better wheels/tires/tubeless, the Aeffect 1X crank, XT 11-speed and a Manitou Mastodon Pro fork. I bought them for my wife and I 2 years ago and use them once the leaves fall until the spring thaw in New Jersey, then we go back to the Enduro bike for the spring, summer and early fall. I very much like the bike and would easily buy another. The Bluto is an OK fork, we first upgraded them to the Charger 2 dampers which was better but the Mastodon is another big leap forward.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresab View Post
    I don't have the Tres, but I do have the original El Oso (Blue). The frame and fork are the same. It differs in color, crankset (RF Ride 2X vs RF Aeffect 1X), 10-spd vs 11-spd, better rims but I believe the hubs are the same. Other parts may be newer but I've upgrade mine to better wheels/tires/tubeless, the Aeffect 1X crank, XT 11-speed and a Manitou Mastodon Pro fork. I bought them for my wife and I 2 years ago and use them once the leaves fall until the spring thaw in New Jersey, then we go back to the Enduro bike for the spring, summer and early fall. I very much like the bike and would easily buy another. The Bluto is an OK fork, we first upgraded them to the Charger 2 dampers which was better but the Mastodon is another big leap forward.
    good info - thanks!