Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluroo View Post
    Yeah I agree, Iím looking at the suntour Triair for a future upgrade..(dropper first) and Iím stoked on the Aion fork. Auron maybe down the road.
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/05...g?v=1506549703
    I was thinking about getting that or the Du-Air, but couldn't find anywhere that carried it. I ended up going with a Manitou McLeod instead...so far I'm really happy with it as a replacement for my Monarch R...

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by bmied31 View Post
    I was thinking about getting that or the Du-Air, but couldn't find anywhere that carried it. I ended up going with a Manitou McLeod instead...so far I'm really happy with it as a replacement for my Monarch R...
    Looks like you can go straight to the SR Suntour site and get the stuff from them. But if the Manitou is working for you thatís all that matters.

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Looks like you can go straight to the SR Suntour site and get the stuff from them. But if the Manitou is working for you thatís all that matters.

Sold out in 200x57 and I couldn't justify the need (don't do extended downhills often) or the price of the Tri-Air. As far as I can tell, the only thing really different on the Tri-Air is the oil reserve

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Sold out in 200x57 and I couldn't justify the need (don't do extended downhills often) or the price of the Tri-Air. As far as I can tell, the only thing really different on the Tri-Air is the oil reserve
    Yeah $499 for Tri-Air is steep!

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    $449 my bad

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerm2006 View Post
    Yeah well I had the money saved up for the comp Jeffsey but I really wanted the release level link for over a year now. I missed the release 2 and with the discount on the 3 at 2350 I couldn't pass up. I also am worried the prices are about to sky rocket on bike and I really need a new one.

I noticed the size changes also. I was always in between a SM and MD (5'7") and was not sure which to get but now MD says it starts at 5'5" which makes that part easier.
    I received the new R3 yesterday and the size on the frame shows 5í7Ē-5í10Ē, which clearly doesnít match whatís listed on the DB website. I hope the MD works out for you if itís the size you ended up ordering..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Diamondbacks-d8ff8e82-4d6d-4c82-8c51-11dc79e6fa05.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Frames didn't change, just the sticker. Those are more like guidelines anyway.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I was chatting with DB today about the 2019 4C. He estimated it would be available January, but more info should be out in a month or so. He did confirm it will have SRAM eagle and better shock. Not sure if there are any other updates. Also he pretty much confirmed a new FS 29er similar to the release is coming soon, in aluminum only at first.

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jhatfie View Post
    I was chatting with DB today about the 2019 4C. He estimated it would be available January, but more info should be out in a month or so. He did confirm it will have SRAM eagle and better shock. Not sure if there are any other updates. Also he pretty much confirmed a new FS 29er similar to the release is coming soon, in aluminum only at first.

ahhh 29er Level Link Sign me up...right now I'm planning on a Tallboy as my next bike, (no time soon as I love my Release), but I they come out with a affordable 29er...I'd be all over it.

Rocks belong
    ahhh 29er Level Link Sign me up...right now I'm planning on a Tallboy as my next bike, (no time soon as I love my Release), but I they come out with a affordable 29er...I'd be all over it.
    Agreed. I'd buy a 29er Level Link bike in aluminum. My wife loves her Clutch.
    I like 'em long, low, slack and playful

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jhatfie View Post
    For what its worth, this was what I was talking about earlier as the bike the new bike that was "not previously in the lineup".

Did he say when the 29er would be released? When I was in the store, I didn't ask, and the guy didn't offer any info on when that would be coming. More that it would exist.

Also, the 4C was the only model the guy didn't talk about with me of the normal release lineup. So its good to get some info on it.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ocnLogan View Post
    Did he say when the 29er would be released? When I was in the store, I didn't ask, and the guy didn't offer any info on when that would be coming. More that it would exist.
    I got very limited info, it exists, it's aluminum framed and is coming but nothing more than that was offered up.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018

New Release 3 this weekend

Got my Release 3 in on Friday. Built it up Friday. Had 1 issue where the front brake rotor keeps rubbing the pad. I contacted DB but they just said bend it with a wrench or I could take it to a bike shop and send them the bill and they would pay me back. I just went with adjusting and bending the rotor with pliers. Did the trick but after the first trail ride it seems to be back. See my pic though. Glad I got it and can't stop wanting to ride. It is a sweet ride. Also I noticed the sticker on the bike for size was the standard sizing for MD.2019 Diamondbacks-img_0113.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Got my Release 3 in on Friday. Built it up Friday. Had 1 issue where the front brake rotor keeps rubbing the pad. I contacted DB but they just said bend it with a wrench or I could take it to a bike shop and send them the bill and they would pay me back. I just went with adjusting and bending the rotor with pliers. Did the trick but after the first trail ride it seems to be back. See my pic though. Glad I got it and can't stop wanting to ride. It is a sweet ride. Also I noticed the sticker on the bike for size was the standard sizing for MD.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0113.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	194.6 KB 
ID:	1220832
    Pretty typical on a lot of bikes. Often times it just goes away after a few miles. Also a trick I've found helps a lot is loosen both bolts a little. Squeeze the lever hard, then tighten them down. IF it's still rubbing, adjust one bolt at a time.

Usually I can get it to be quite, or after a mile or two it goes away. I just installed new Guide R brakeset on my Release 1 2017 today using this method.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Pretty typical on a lot of bikes. Often times it just goes away after a few miles. Also a trick I've found helps a lot is loosen both bolts a little. Squeeze the lever hard, then tighten them down. IF it's still rubbing, adjust one bolt at a time.

Usually I can get it to be quite, or after a mile or two it goes away. I just installed new Guide R brakeset on my Release 1 2017 today using this method.

I am also having an issue where both my front and back rotors are rubbing the pads, in just one area though when I spin the wheels. I did loosen the rotor bolts and squeezed the breaks while retightening, but it didnít fix the issue. I read this is typical with new pads and will go away after a ride or so. However, I havenít been able to ride at all as it has literally been raining every day since receiving the bike. Should I be concerned?

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jhdbr3 View Post
    I am also having an issue where both my front and back rotors are rubbing the pads, in just one area though when I spin the wheels. I did loosen the rotor bolts and squeezed the breaks while retightening, but it didnít fix the issue. I read this is typical with new pads and will go away after a ride or so. However, I havenít been able to ride at all as it has literally been raining every day since receiving the bike. Should I be concerned?
    I wouldn't be. Pad's need to be bedded in. Just do a good ride or two and it should be fine. Mine went away on my Stock Level's without any issues when I first got it...that was after spending 2+ hours trying to align them perfectly and eventually giving up.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    If it's just in one spot then your rotor is likely out of true. A rotor truing tool is like $8 and is a worthwhile tool for any mountain biker to have

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Yeah my front rotor is from out of true. you can see it. I had to both bend the in the high spots and fine adjust the brake mount to get it to stop rubbing. But I must have only done so good because after about a 5 mile ride on trails it was back. I may need that tool. Also I never noticed this on pictures of the Release but my 18 R3 has a chain protection rubber over the chainstay. Pretty nice feature to protect that I wasn't expecting.

Yeah, I'm that a$$hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by tfinator View Post
    If it's just in one spot then your rotor is likely out of true. A rotor truing tool is like $8 and is a worthwhile tool for any mountain biker to have

Or use the $8 for more beer and just use an adjustable, as you probably already have one in your tool kit.

2019 Diamondbacks-885911594127.jpg
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor
    2018 Diamondback Release 5C
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo Trail

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Ford View Post
    Or use the $8 for more beer and just use an adjustable, as you probably already have one in your tool kit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	885911594127.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	1220920
    I like the multiple slots in a real one and use them often, but that works too. Just make sure to clean it first.

Yeah, I'm that a$$hole.

Name:	IMG_0113.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	194.6 KB 
ID:	1220832
    Congrats on the new whip. Sweet looking rig, I like the murdered out look!
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor

mtbr member
    Oct 2018

Name:	885911594127.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	1220920
    Saw someone using this tool on a YouTube video the other day. Will probably give this tool a try first...if it doesnít work out then Iíll breakdown and buy the truing tool. Thanks for the info guys!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06HokieMTB View Post
    First rule of fight club...?
    Right?
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

mtbr member
    Loosen the caliper bolts (5mm allen heads usually) and squeeze brake lever while spinning wheel...squeeze/spin/repeat. Tighten the caliper bolts after a few reps, this will hopefully center the caliper.

If this doesn't alleviate the rotor rub, try placing the bike in a stand and placing a white sheet of paper on the floor below the wheel. Look directly down the caliper/brake pad/rotor pass thru onto the white paper. This profile should provide enough contrast to view the deflection in the rotor which you can then gently bend with the crescent/spanner wrench. Don't use a rough set of pliers, as they can score/scratch the surface of the rotor, thus trashing your pads.

Spray everything with a solution of 90% ISO, dry with a few blasts of air and your good to go.

On topic...been following the DB line of Release bikes for well over two years now...narrowly missed purchasing a 5C last week. Looks like I'm in for a new 4C/5C in the New Year...

poser Administrator
    Dunno about you but I missed my original delivery from Fedex because it came on a day they didn't say it was coming. The next day the box we nicely damaged and both my rotors needed truing. They both had a good wobble in them.

If your box was at all damaged I bet they took a beating. If they are not spinning without touching the touching occurs in the same location each time they will require a little truing. Luckily it is easy to do and as long as you have an adjustable wrench it should be simple.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostX View Post
    Loosen the caliper bolts (5mm allen heads usually) and squeeze brake lever while spinning wheel...squeeze/spin/repeat. Tighten the caliper bolts after a few reps, this will hopefully center the caliper.

If this doesn't alleviate the rotor rub, try placing the bike in a stand and placing a white sheet of paper on the floor below the wheel. Look directly down the caliper/brake pad/rotor pass thru onto the white paper. This profile should provide enough contrast to view the deflection in the rotor which you can then gently bend with the crescent/spanner wrench. Don't use a rough set of pliers, as they can score/scratch the surface of the rotor, thus trashing your pads.

Spray everything with a solution of 90% ISO, dry with a few blasts of air and your good to go.

On topic...been following the DB line of Release bikes for well over two years now...narrowly missed purchasing a 5C last week. Looks like I'm in for a new 4C/5C in the New Year...
    I can at least confirm that they are coming out with "new" versions of the 4C/5C. Of course, as we've seen, we just have to wait an indeterminate amount of time before we actually see them. But I saw them in the catalog (new color schemes confirmed).

Also, I've had success truing rotors with my bare hand and a flashlight. Similar in concept to using the white paper above, I found that if you use a flashlight on low setting behind the caliper, I was able to slowly rotate the wheel, pinpointing where it was out of true, flexing it (bending carefully in just that area), and repeating. Its not the best method, but it totally works if you are careful.

Just clean things afterwards of course. Hands are oily :/.

And of course, a crescent wrench or two, or disk truing tool would be much preferred. But we do what we must .

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    After looking a little closer it appears the wheels may be out of true. Iím assuming this would also cause the rotors to be out of true? Itís certainly not much, but just enough to make the entire wheel wobble slightly. Iím thinking this is probably something I wonít be able to correct on my own so am guessing I need to contact DB to address the issue.

Yeah, I'm that a$$hole.
    After looking a little closer it appears the wheels may be out of true. Iím assuming this would also cause the rotors to be out of true? Itís certainly not much, but just enough to make the entire wheel wobble slightly. Iím thinking this is probably something I wonít be able to correct on my own so am guessing I need to contact DB to address the issue.
    NO! Wheels being out of true has no affect on your rotors. God damn SingleTrack Sampler for saying this in his video. UGH!

That makes no sense, the rotor is attached to the hub not the rim, your hub isnt out of true the rim is.
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Lol. So the wobble is so slight that I didnít really notice it during my first inspection. Is the wheel issue something I can fix on my own without any special equipment? Iím wondering if itís even something to bother with?

Yeah, I'm that a$$hole.
    Lol. So the wobble is so slight that I didnít really notice it during my first inspection. Is the wheel issue something I can fix on my own without any special equipment? Iím wondering if itís even something to bother with?
    You'd need a spoke wrench to fix the wheel. Not trying to sounds like a dick so please don't take it that way, just trying to help educate. Since you didn't know you needed a spoke wrench I'd take it too a shop to have it fixed. If you bought a spoke wrench and tried to fix it, you could potentially make it worse. Plus, being that there is a slight wobble that could point to a potentially larger issue, best to have someone look at to avoid a bigger issue later.
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    You'd need a spoke wrench to fix the wheel. Not trying to sounds like a dick so please don't take it that way, just trying to help educate. Since you didn't know you needed a spoke wrench I'd take it too a shop to have it fixed. If you bought a spoke wrench and tried to fix it, you could potentially make it worse. Plus, being that there is a slight wobble that could point to a potentially larger issue, best to have someone look at to avoid a bigger issue later.
    No worries. Thanks for the honest advice!

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Chat rep mentioned that the new Mission will have level link and will be offered in carbon. Another one to keep an eye out for. Drooling over the idea of a Mission 29er with 150/150 travel.

Yeah, I'm that a$$hole.
    Lots of interesting info about the Mission. I was on Chat the past 2 days, spoke with 2 reps, one being CS Lead and both told me the Mission is not set in stone yet, but everyone is very hopeful. I didn't press for much info, as nothing is set in stone there wasn't much point and I mostly got a "we dont really know" answer to my inquiries.

Currently it looks to be a 27.5, with a 148 boost rear and the rest info already posted. I really hope carbon isn't the only option, I'm just not a fan. Also hoping they offer a frame only option. But I'd have no issues buying the lowest end build, buying a better shock for it and moving the parts from my 5C over. That or go for a SC Nomad.

We did have a nice chat about the current 5C and local Washington trails though. Super fun dudes to talk to, both on chat and trails.
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Lots of interesting info about the Mission. I was on Chat the past 2 days, spoke with 2 reps, one being CS Lead and both told me the Mission is not set in stone yet, but everyone is very hopeful. I didn't press for much info, as nothing is set in stone there wasn't much point and I mostly got a "we dont really know" answer to my inquiries.

Currently it looks to be a 27.5, with a 148 boost rear and the rest info already posted. I really hope carbon isn't the only option, I'm just not a fan. Also hoping they offer a frame only option. But I'd have no issues buying the lowest end build, buying a better shock for it and moving the parts from my 5C over. That or go for a SC Nomad.

We did have a nice chat about the current 5C and local Washington trails though. Super fun dudes to talk to, both on chat and trails.
    Awesome info man. I hadn't heard about the rear spacing. And like you, I hope that they maintain an AL version. As while I like the idea of nice bikes as much as the next guy, I'm a cheapskate, (very) non-professional rider, and I personally feel it just doesn't make much sense for me to drop a lot of coin on a carbon framed version.

And all that lines up with what I heard/seen. The upcoming 29'er is a trail bike very similar to the current 27.5 Release. Meaning, I'm quite sure that the new 29'er is not the same things as the mission.

But, most of this is conjecture, or assumptions based off of limited data, so we could all be wrong :/.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Just thought I'd chime in that I was looking at a Sync'r around September. I emailed Diamondback about it, and they told me the ETA on the Sync'r was early October, but that they would be the 2018 model. I asked about the carbon Sync'r and he said those would still be awhile.
    Anyways, like he said, the Sync'r came back in stock and I ordered mine last week, just showed up Tuesday in a size L.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    If your bike is new you should be able to contact DB, have a shop do the work, and DB will pay for it. Before you do that tho, I'd take out the QR and re-seat the wheel... you never know, it could just be sitting funny for whatever reason. I had another brand bike shipped direct to me before that had similar problems. They can take a bunch of lateral beatings in the mail, and bikes are built for more vertical forces. I also use the "hand" method and sighting thru the calipers to fix the rotor, seems to work find with some trial and error.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by boobiebuglione View Post
    If your bike is new you should be able to contact DB, have a shop do the work, and DB will pay for it. Before you do that tho, I'd take out the QR and re-seat the wheel... you never know, it could just be sitting funny for whatever reason. I had another brand bike shipped direct to me before that had similar problems. They can take a bunch of lateral beatings in the mail, and bikes are built for more vertical forces. I also use the "hand" method and sighting thru the calipers to fix the rotor, seems to work find with some trial and error.
    Thru axle...

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMexican View Post
    Just thought I'd chime in that I was looking at a Sync'r around September. I emailed Diamondback about it, and they told me the ETA on the Sync'r was early October, but that they would be the 2018 model. I asked about the carbon Sync'r and he said those would still be awhile.
    Anyways, like he said, the Sync'r came back in stock and I ordered mine last week, just showed up Tuesday in a size L.
    Is the Sync'r supposed to be a different model (ie, changes, not purple anymore...), or did they just say more would be in stock?

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    What are the color schemes for the new 4c and 5c??

Yeah, I'm that a$$hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by fst96se View Post
    What are the color schemes for the new 4c and 5c??
    I was told the 5C is Black, however I've also heard Matte Olive. Most of this seems speculation at this point, the info seems to vary from CS rep to rep.
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    I was told the 5C is Black, however I've also heard Matte Olive. Most of this seems speculation at this point, the info seems to vary from CS rep to rep.
    The orange on red of the 5c was a bit off-putting to me. I'd be interested with a new color scheme.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    The orange on red of the 5c was a bit off-putting to me. I'd be interested with a new color scheme.
    Saw this model in the catalog, can confirm the color changed. Or, at least that the color was changed, in this version of the catalog that I saw. Perhaps things have changed since then. But from what I can recall, I think Guy.Ford is correct on the colors that he was told.

Whats stranger, is that pretty much very model that I saw, had more than one color scheme. Yet, on their website, even the confirmed different/changed models, only have one color showing. That part makes no sense to me.

Yeah, I'm that a$$hole.
    I love it, definitely one of my favorite color schemes. Different strokes.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Too bad they're doing away with the Custom Studio, also on Instagram they said the carbon sync'r would be available by the end of the year. Look on the comments of one of their most recent pics.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Is the Sync'r supposed to be a different model (ie, changes, not purple anymore...), or did they just say more would be in stock?
    Nope, they said just more of the same. And that's what I got - purple 2018 Sync'r. I just checked and they are sold out again...wow that was quick.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Not sure if this worked, but this is my 18 R1 the wife got me. We were up at Snow Summit for their last weekend of he season. Bike is amazing and the color is spot on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Diamondbacks-02970acf-d23d-4911-b9e0-539d9d440c98.jpg  

Yeah, I'm that a$$hole.
    Not sure if this worked, but this is my 18 R1 the wife got me. We were up at Snow Summit for their last weekend of he season. Bike is amazing and the color is spot on.
    Sweet, congratulations on the new rig. I really like the color combo, kind of a steel/tealy blue w/ yellow contrast, very nice. Look forward to seeing more photos, enjoy.
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor

mtbr member
    I heard this too...gloss black for the 5C and OD matte green for the 4C.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    i love that color, however i can do without the yellow, do you know if the yellow can be removed? i would love to replace it with black or gray decals

Yeah, I'm that a$$hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey47 View Post
    i love that color, however i can do without the yellow, do you know if the yellow can be removed? i would love to replace it with black or gray decals
    If you asking can it be peeled off, no it cannot. Everything is under a layer of clearcoat.

However, you could probably get Stikrd to make something to cover over it or have the whole bike stripped and powdercoated.
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Like Guy.Ford said itís covered with clear coat. But I wasnít to keen on the yellow until I actually got the bike...way better in person. I get complements all the time on the color combo. Thatís saying a lot for SoCal where Santa Cruz reigns.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Was just chatting on the DB site. Sounds like there going to be some new bikes being put up the site around Thanks Giving 🦃. The new version of he R2 will be a deep gun metal blue matte. So will see.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Was just chatting on the DB site. Sounds like there going to be some new bikes being put up the site around Thanks Giving 🦃. The new version of he R2 will be a deep gun metal blue matte. So will see.
    Awesome! Thanks for the info.
    They commented on one of their Instagram posts that they'll be having Black Friday sales. Hopefully they'll be some good deals.

Noob
    Nov 2018
    Hey guys, just looking for some advice from Diamondback owners. I have been riding MTB for about 6 to 7 months. Have been on a friends bike, but he is moving out of state due to family.

I have been really interested in buying my own MTB. I really want a Release 5c. I can afford one atm. But from this post seems like the 2019 are right around the corner. From reviews i read on the 5c it lists them at $4400. But Diamondbacks website and other online stores list them at $4800. Diamondback is sold out of Large since im 6 foot that seems to be the size i would need.

REI has a Large in stock, and is selling for $4079 on sale from $4800. 15% off, i take it its due to being a 2018 and with 2019 on the way they wanna get out old stock. My question is, is it worth buying a 2018 5c for $4079 plus 8% CA sales tax. Would put me all in at a little under $4400. Or should i wait for the 2019, and most likely pay $4800. Unless there is a way to get them for cheaper that im not aware.

Thats why i come to you guys, what is my best bet? I read about corporate discounts but dont think i can get that because i dont work a job that offers that. Do i understand corporate discounts correctly??

All help is greatly appreciated. Will be my first MTB, have ridden BMX for 5 years in my late teens and early 20s. Diamondback caught my eye because of price to spec. Seems to be a good deal for everything you get.

Thanks
    MTB NOOB

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by NorcalMtbAddict View Post
    Hey guys, just looking for some advice from Diamondback owners. I have been riding MTB for about 6 to 7 months. Have been on a friends bike, but he is moving out of state due to family.

I have been really interested in buying my own MTB. I really want a Release 5c. I can afford one atm. But from this post seems like the 2019 are right around the corner. From reviews i read on the 5c it lists them at $4400. But Diamondbacks website and other online stores list them at $4800. Diamondback is sold out of Large since im 6 foot that seems to be the size i would need.

REI has a Large in stock, and is selling for $4079 on sale from $4800. 15% off, i take it its due to being a 2018 and with 2019 on the way they wanna get out old stock. My question is, is it worth buying a 2018 5c for $4079 plus 8% CA sales tax. Would put me all in at a little under $4400. Or should i wait for the 2019, and most likely pay $4800. Unless there is a way to get them for cheaper that im not aware.

Thats why i come to you guys, what is my best bet? I read about corporate discounts but dont think i can get that because i dont work a job that offers that. Do i understand corporate discounts correctly??

All help is greatly appreciated. Will be my first MTB, have ridden BMX for 5 years in my late teens and early 20s. Diamondback caught my eye because of price to spec. Seems to be a good deal for everything you get.

Thanks
    MTB NOOB
    From what I saw from my glimpse of the new Diamondback catalog, the there are really not many meaningful changes coming to the 5c. A new color is half of what I remember. There were other changes, but, nothing crazy different. So if it were me... I'd probably get the better deal you'd get on the current model

I very briefly test rode both a large, and XL 4c. I'm 6'1", and the large felt more natural to me. So I think you are correct looking for a large, if that helps at all.

You are correct. The corporate discount is something you get if your place of employment offers it. I'm not sure how that happens, if the company has to participate in some sort of program or something like that, but that's more or less the requirement. So it looks like it wouldn't likely work out for you, making the REI deal look better, which may make the decision easier for you.

Yeah, I'm that a$$hole.
    I would buy the 2018 5C, we have no idea what changes if any the 2019 may have. The 2018 is a super awesome build, top of the line Fox suspension (minus kashima), XO Eagle, Carbon cranks and super awesome Novatec hubset. I'd be concerned based off what we've already seen that the 2019 build might be lacking, but who knows besides DB.

Sizing I'd say your easily a large. I'm 6'4", tried the large based off suggestions and went with an XL. Fwiw Eric Porter DB team rider is 6'3" and rides a large comfortably.

I found a code online to sign up for my DB corp discount, didn't have to work at a shop or be affiliated with anything. Not sure it's still active.

#THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor

Noob
    Nov 2018
    ocnLogan and Guy.Ford, thanks for the quick replies and honest advice. I was leaning towards just buying the current 5c. I had actually put in my order threw REI and then read threw this post. Also talked to DB chat. I ended up canceling the order after reading 2019 5c might be out Jan/Feb, also DB chat said the same. This is a hard decision that i hate making. Thing is i really am inpatient, and have been constantly researching online. Gonna be hard to wait until Jan or Feb if i dont pick up the 2018 5c.

Im actually a little over 6ft and not quite 6'1". Its more like 6ft 1/2inch...lol. Yeah im almost positive the Large is the sweet spot for me. Will definitely get a large.

So $4079 is a good deal? I really hate CA sales tax, gonna be another $300ish on top. But its the price i pay to call this great Country home. Well i guess i need to hurry up and decide because REI seems to be the only place with a 5c in large left. When i click large, it says low inventory.

Also the new color might be black, as i read in this post. I like black but kinda want a bike with a brighter color. The red/orange isnt my favorite but i think i would like it more than black.

Also im still confused as to why all the reviews i read about the 5c say they retail for $4400 but DB lists them for $4400.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Be careful. The new 5c you might not be as good of a price. I would go get that current 5c if you think you like the color better and can afford it before it sells out. I missed out on my last years model R2 and had to pay more for the current R3 which I do like but basically paid more for similar components. Also you dont know what that price will be.

I just noticed that the R3 new stocking has increased by $400 with the discount on DB website since I bought it on the first go a month ago. Good thing I went for it or I wouldn't be getting it for $400 more. Guess since it sold out so fast they increased the price.

mtbr member
    May 2007

Also im still confused as to why all the reviews i read about the 5c say they retail for $4400 but DB lists them for $4400.
    Price went up in past month or two, I believe. was 4400 for a long time, went to 4800 somewhat recently.

I love mine, and if you have the $$ for the one at REI and can justify the cost, go for it and don't look back.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Be careful. The new 5c you might not be as good of a price. I would go get that current 5c if you think you like the color better and can afford it before it sells out. I missed out on my last years model R2 and had to pay more for the current R3 which I do like but basically paid more for similar components. Also you dont know what that price will be.

I just noticed that the R3 new stocking has increased by $400 with the discount on DB website since I bought it on the first go a month ago. Good thing I went for it or I wouldn't be getting it for $400 more. Guess since it sold out so fast they increased the price.
    I think the price on the R3 only went up around $100 bucks and makes me wonder if because of orange mans tariffs.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Thanksgiving / Black Friday deals are RIGHT around the corner. IMO, it could greatly pay off to wait just a little bit longer.

Yeah, I'm that a$$hole.
    ocnLogan and Guy.Ford, thanks for the quick replies and honest advice. I was leaning towards just buying the current 5c. I had actually put in my order threw REI and then read threw this post. Also talked to DB chat. I ended up canceling the order after reading 2019 5c might be out Jan/Feb, also DB chat said the same. This is a hard decision that i hate making. Thing is i really am inpatient, and have been constantly researching online. Gonna be hard to wait until Jan or Feb if i dont pick up the 2018 5c.

Im actually a little over 6ft and not quite 6'1". Its more like 6ft 1/2inch...lol. Yeah im almost positive the Large is the sweet spot for me. Will definitely get a large.

So $4079 is a good deal? I really hate CA sales tax, gonna be another $300ish on top. But its the price i pay to call this great Country home. Well i guess i need to hurry up and decide because REI seems to be the only place with a 5c in large left. When i click large, it says low inventory.

Also the new color might be black, as i read in this post. I like black but kinda want a bike with a brighter color. The red/orange isnt my favorite but i think i would like it more than black.

With regards to the reviews and pricing, the date on most of those reviews are months old, DB increased the price of the bike sometime around Jun or July I believe. I bought mine when the price was lower and got a hell of deal on top of that, even better than the DB corp discount.

I would definitely say $4079 or even $4379 is a hell of a price, you won't get that price for the 2019 I can assure you.

Personally, I really like the Red/Orange combo, it definitely helped sway me towards the 5C, but honestly the bike could've been Pink & Purple, for the parts spec alone, I would've still bought it. I bought the 5C for the parts spec and suspension design (VPP) and because I couldn't have built a bike with similar build, even out of alu let alone carbon, for the price I paid.

Again I would jump on the 2018, but hey its your decision ultimately. I'm just concerned the parts spec is going to be lacking on the 2019 5C, since every other 2019 DB bikes parts spec has been worse than the 2018. I highly doubt it's going to be better that's for sure and even if it is, your not going to get it for $4300.

Good luck and check your PM
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor

Yeah, I'm that a$$hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speireag View Post
    Thanksgiving / Black Friday deals are RIGHT around the corner. IMO, it could greatly pay off to wait just a little bit longer.
    Or REI could sell out and he could be waiting till Jan/Feb for a bike with lesser spec.
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Or REI could sell out and he could be waiting till Jan/Feb for a bike with lesser spec.
    This is what happened to me on the R2. It is a risk.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Yeah, DB has already said that there will be Black Friday deals. However, its not really clear what those will be, or which bikes will be available/updated by then.

The safe money is on the REI deal on the current 5c. You "may" get a better deal if you wait, or you "may" end up paying more for the same/slightly worse thing (I'm not as familiar with all of the components yet, so Its not as obvious to me about which things are up/downgrades vs previous models as some are).

So I guess it depends on if you want to risk it or not. Personally, if I were in the market for one, I'd go for it as IMO it seems the "safer" bet. But, do your own thing sir, and may the odds lie ever in your favor .

I think at this point, I'm personally more interested to see what the Release 29er is spec'd like, and what size tires it fits, etc. And also just because its the model we know the least about.

mtbr member
    I think at this point, I'm personally more interested to see what the Release 29er is spec'd like, and what size tires it fits, etc. And also just because its the model we know the least about.........
    .....and whether it will go 27.5+.
    I would advise not taking my advice.

Yeah, I'm that a$$hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by watermonkey View Post
    .....and whether it will go 27.5+.
    It's my understanding that the Release 29 is just going to be a Clutch frame with maybe some tweaks to geometry, but essentially the same with different name. So it should fit 27.5+.

Again all speculation on my part, since DB states they haven't finalized anything yet it. Now where is my Level Link Mission DB??!!! LOL
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Hmmm...looks like corp discount is not working on some of the bikes, including 4c, 5c, r3....
    But speaking of 5C, REI has it on sale for $3600. Better jump on this deal if want one.

Yeah, I'm that a$$hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamador View Post
    But speaking of 5C, REI has it on sale for $3600. Better jump on this deal if want one.
    That's an awesome deal, won't get any better than that!! Paging NorcalMtbAddict. lol

I've only seen the price lower one other time and that was my receipt when I bought mine. It was only $100 less though.
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor

Noob
    Nov 2018
    That's an awesome deal, won't get any better than that!! Paging NorcalMtbAddict. lol

I've only seen the price lower one other time and that was my receipt when I bought mine. It was only $100 less though.
    Yeah i have been checking REI daily. They seem to have dropped the price even more just today. It was marked down from 4800 to 4079. Today they dropped it to 3600. I cant wait, this is a sign. Ordering now, thanks to everyone for help. Excited to join the DB community.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Yeah i have been checking REI daily. They seem to have dropped the price even more just today. It was marked down from 4800 to 4079. Today they dropped it to 3600. I cant wait, this is a sign. Ordering now, thanks to everyone for help. Excited to join the DB community.
    Congrats man. That's a pretty sweet deal. I'd be super excited as well.

I just checked REI actually, and they actually have some good prices on the Release 1, and 4c as well.

Sadly, I'm still not in the position to buy anything for another two months. Hopefully there are some good deals to be had just after new years as well .

Noob
    Nov 2018
    Yeah i was on the verge of picking one up for $4079, which i thought was a good deal seeing they retail for $4800. I had actually bought it, read and talked to DB live chat about 2019 and ended up canceling my order because they said jan or feb the 2019 should be out. So i thought i might as well wait.

But talking to a couple people like you(ocnLogan) and Guy.Ford i realized that waiting for the 2019 might be a mistake. The 2018 has such high end components for a sub $5000 bike, let alone a sub $4000 bike like i just paid. For $3600 plus tax it was a no brainer. So i just went and reordered it again.

Glad i second guessed myself and canceled my first order last week. Ended up saving myself another $480. I paid $1200 under retail as listed on DB website. Smoking deal. I know others have got deals just as good if not better for the 5c, but i thought i was to late as DB website doesn't have a large in stock so no using the corporate discounts for me.

Im so super pumped on getting this bike.

So REI wanted $75 to ship to my house for a oversize shipment charge. They said free shipping but when i went to check out, they said it was a oversize box and would be $75. It was free to have shipped to an REI store and pick up from there. So i opted for that. They said they will assemble it for me, and it will be ready to ride.

My question is im nervous about them putting my bike together for me. My worries are they wont put it together with the same care i would at home. I would double check everything. Make sure everything was torqued to the right setting. I hope it wasnt a mistake to to so. Plus i have to make sure everything that comes with it new is included as the box will be opened up.

So i read it should come with
    A. Shock pump
    B. Torque wrench (not the best)
    C. Tubeless valve stems
    D. Manual and paperwork
    E. Pedals

Am i missing anything??

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    The new dark blue and yellow bike is sexy as hell. Hope the new 29er has colors that good.

Speaking of the new 29er, I'm hoping it has a very steep seat angle and room for big tires. Hope Diamondback comes through.

Yeah, I'm that a$$hole.
    Yeah i was on the verge of picking one up for $4079, which i thought was a good deal seeing they retail for $4800. I had actually bought it, read and talked to DB live chat about 2019 and ended up canceling my order because they said jan or feb the 2019 should be out. So i thought i might as well wait.

But talking to a couple people like you(ocnLogan) and Guy.Ford i realized that waiting for the 2019 might be a mistake. The 2018 has such high end components for a sub $5000 bike, let alone a sub $4000 bike like i just paid. For $3600 plus tax it was a no brainer. So i just went and reordered it again.

Glad i second guessed myself and canceled my first order last week. Ended up saving myself another $480. I paid $1200 under retail as listed on DB website. Smoking deal. I know others have got deals just as good if not better for the 5c, but i thought i was to late as DB website doesn't have a large in stock so no using the corporate discounts for me.

So REI wanted $75 to ship to my house for a oversize shipment charge. They said free shipping but when i went to check out, they said it was a oversize box and would be $75. It was free to have shipped to an REI store and pick up from there. So i opted for that. They said they will assemble it for me, and it will be ready to ride.

My question is im nervous about them putting my bike together for me. My worries are they wont put it together with the same care i would at home. I would double check everything. Make sure everything was torqued to the right setting. I hope it wasnt a mistake to to so. Plus i have to make sure everything that comes with it new is included as the box will be opened up.

A. Shock pump
    C. Tubeless valve stems
    D. Manual and paperwork
    E. Pedals

Am i missing anything??
    Yes, your missing a crucial part, it also comes with a plastic fender for the front fork.

A. Shock pump - it's good, unless your over 300lbs then you will likely need a new one as the Fox DPX2 can be pumped up to 350psi and the pump they send only goes to 300.
    B. Torque Wrench - it's adequate for small things like stem, rotor bolts, shock hardware, etc, which is all its good for. I still use mine for swapping my shock.
    C.Tubeless Valve stems - Decent enough, their black so that's a plus. I highly recommend going tubeless right away.
    D. Manual and paparwork - The DB manual that comes with the bike is useless, toss it. I don't remember all the manuals that came with it, but I know the Fox one is one to keep and read.
    E. Pedals - Decent for flats, better quality than most other pedals that come stock with bikes.

One thing I would suggest you get, hopefully REI has one, is the SRAM Eagle B-Tension Gap Tool. You'll need this and want to have REI, another shop or a friend make sure your B-Tension Gap it correct, otherwise your shifting will suffer badly. It's a two person job, there are vids on YouTube that can walk you through it.

I've sent you another PM with more info and guides to help you out. Good luck and welcome to the DB family.
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor

mtbr member
    Aug 2018

A. Shock pump
    C. Tubeless valve stems
    D. Manual and paperwork
    E. Pedals

Am i missing anything??
    Seems like waiting and second guessing actually paid off for once :P. In my case, I typically end up waiting too long, and missing the deals completely. Such is life though .

IIRC, the FS Diamondback bikes are supposed to come with mud guards for the fork as well, and maybe a spare derailleur hanger.

My buddy got a Sync'r, and you're right, the torque wrench is... pretty low tech. But the shock pump is serviceable, and the pedals are actually pretty good. Considering most other bikes don't even come with pedals, and if they are, they're the horribad plastic things.

And, I think its a good idea to go over REI's assembly. I'd check torque on bolts, and if possible, check for adequate amounts of grease in the pivots/etc.

Good luck with the new ride .

Noob
    Nov 2018
    Yes, your missing a crucial part, it also comes with a plastic fender for the front fork.

A. Shock pump - it's good, unless your over 300lbs then you will likely need a new one as the Fox DPX2 can be pumped up to 350psi and the pump they send only goes to 300.
    B. Torque Wrench - it's adequate for small things like stem, rotor bolts, shock hardware, etc, which is all its good for. I still use mine for swapping my shock.
    C.Tubeless Valve stems - Decent enough, their black so that's a plus. I highly recommend going tubeless right away.
    D. Manual and paparwork - The DB manual that comes with the bike is useless, toss it. I don't remember all the manuals that came with it, but I know the Fox one is one to keep and read.
    E. Pedals - Decent for flats, better quality than most other pedals that come stock with bikes.

One thing I would suggest you get, hopefully REI has one, is the SRAM Eagle B-Tension Gap Tool. You'll need this and want to have REI, another shop or a friend make sure your B-Tension Gap it correct, otherwise your shifting will suffer badly. It's a two person job, there are vids on YouTube that can walk you through it.

I've sent you another PM with more info and guides to help you out. Good luck and welcome to the DB family.
    I replied to the PM. Guy.Ford you have been really helpful and I appreciate it so much. I know those are just words but it really is alot of help. I love the MTB community, for the most part people are friendly and always ready to help.

And everyone else in this post that has helped out, Thank you all. Much appreciated.

Oh yeah, cant forget the mud gaurd. Also an extra hanger is included. I will for sure go over REI assembly and make sure everything is up to par. I have read and watched some videos on the B gap tool for the Sram drivertrain. I was actually already planning on ordering one, ill ask REI when i pick it up if they adjusted the B-gap.

Anything other suggestions??
    Im all ears....

Noob
    Nov 2018
    I must have got the last, or one of the last Large DB 5c REI had. They no longer have Large in stock, only M and XL. Man that was close, if i would have waited any longer it would have been to late.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    any idea on what to expect from the 2019 masons?

Im tempted to just get the mason 2 from REI which is on clearance for $1189 right now. Ive been waiting to get it from DBs website w/ corp discout for $1139 but its close enough that i might just pull the trigger here. Large has been out of stock on DBs website for quite a while, and large is exactly what REI has in stock right now....

or should I wait for 2019.....

Yeah, I'm that a$$hole.
    I must have got the last, or one of the last Large DB 5c REI had. They no longer have Large in stock, only M and XL. Man that was close, if i would have waited any longer it would have been to late.
    Yeah I saw that too, how funny. Guess when REI says low stock they mean looooowww. Lol

#THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by AshBorer View Post
    any idea on what to expect from the 2019 masons?

Im tempted to just get the mason 2 from REI which is on clearance for $1189 right now. Ive been waiting to get it from DBs website w/ corp discout for $1139 but its close enough that i might just pull the trigger here. Large has been out of stock on DBs website for quite a while, and large is exactly what REI has in stock right now....

or should I wait for 2019.....
    I haven't seen/heard of anything changing to the Masons. Seeing how it doesn't appear that the Sync'r model changed at all, I'm doubting something happened to the Masons. However, that is pure conjecture on my part.

So you're probably safe to grab the old model for the "nearly" corporate discount (which, I also totally noticed, as I've had my eye on the Mason 2 as well).

For what its worth, I've been looking a LOT into plus tire hardtails lately. I found that even after the corp discount, there are a few models out there that give it a run for its money in terms of value.

So I guess what I'm saying, is that if you're finding the Mason 2 appealing, go for it . As you say, its close to the corp discount, and I doubt it will go much below that.

Good luck man .

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Glad you waited! For that price, it's a great spec'd bike.

REI runs a pretty decent bike shop, so I wouldn't get too worried about assembly. Out of the box, the DB stuff takes just a few minutes to set up. I believe buying a bike from REI gets you a year of service from them, so take advantage of that.

FYI, the Large size is back in stock for those who may be interested.

Noob
    Nov 2018
    Yeah I really am glad I waited. Waiting saved me another $479. For $3600 it was a no brainer. I wasnt going to get a carbon frame including carbon rear triangle, spec'd with top components for anywhere near that price from any other brand worth 2 cents. I just hope I dont regret waiting for the 2019. I wouldn't have minded paying a little more for the 2019 if it was worth it. If it was the same or worse specs I would have been mad.

Yeah I see REI has Large in stock and when you click large it doesnt even say low inventory anymore. Guess they found a palette of 5c they had in a back corner..😂😂😂😂

Edit: 1 thing that did suck is I ended up paying for it cash with my debit card. I was trying to finance it threw a deal that was 12 months interest free. But they only approved me for 3200. Sucks it was so close to the total. And with this I couldn't finance it partially for some reason. I tried everything, even called REI and asked if they could just do 2 separate purchases for the total but they said no. So I bit the bullet and cashed them out for the 5c. 😂😂😂

Yeah, I'm that a$$hole.
    @NorcalMtbAddict I don't think you'll regret anything when the 2019 is finally released, I honestly can't see anywhere DB could improve on the build spec, it's already insane.

The only thing that would improve the 5C is better tire clearance, but knowing the cost of having a new mold built, even just for the rear triangle, I don't see that happening. I think DB is quite content with the 5C being right where it is in the lineup, especially with the future release of the Level Link Mission.
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor

mtbr member
    May 2010
    is it me or did the online prices go up across the board on 2019's as well as coporate rates have gone to crap? just took a look and it doesnt look good.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Its not just you, they increased the price of the Release 3 by $150 in the last week or so. I haven't checked the corp discount, but I'd expect it to be higher as well.

Additionally, I mentioned before that I've been doing lots of research into plus HT's lately. And honestly, I was pretty fixated on the Mason 2 for a while because I get the corp discount, and figured it would be the best deal.

As it turns out... its not necessarily the best deal in the category (meaning, if i bought a plus HT at exactly this moment, the Mason 2 wouldn't be my first, second, or even third choice) and I feel that in general, across the board, this is feeling more true than it was in the past for all of their models.

That said, they're not "bad" deals at the moment. But, just "less good" of deals than they used to be, which, understandably, is frustrating for all of us (or, at least myself).

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    is it me or did the online prices go up across the board on 2019's as well as coporate rates have gone to crap? just took a look and it doesnt look good.
    Yep they all went up around $100. The Corp acct for the catch 2 seems to be working. The clutch 1 also but that only brings the price down to were it was last week.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Congrats! Some pics when you get it in and built!

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Its not just you, they increased the price of the Release 3 by $150 in the last week or so. I haven't checked the corp discount, but I'd expect it to be higher as well.

Additionally, I mentioned before that I've been doing lots of research into plus HT's lately. And honestly, I was pretty fixated on the Mason 2 for a while because I get the corp discount, and figured it would be the best deal.

As it turns out... its not necessarily the best deal in the category (meaning, if i bought a plus HT at exactly this moment, the Mason 2 wouldn't be my first, second, or even third choice) and I feel that in general, across the board, this is feeling more true than it was in the past for all of their models.

That said, they're not "bad" deals at the moment. But, just "less good" of deals than they used to be, which, understandably, is frustrating for all of us (or, at least myself).
    Yeah I got the R3 for $314 less with my corp discount on the first batch of stock about a month ago. It is now $3699 with my corp discount when I got it for $3385. discount took more of a hit.

Noob
    Nov 2018
    @NorcalMtbAddict I don't think you'll regret anything when the 2019 is finally released, I honestly can't see anywhere DB could improve on the build spec, it's already insane.

The only thing that would improve the 5C is better tire clearance, but knowing the cost of having a new mold built, even just for the rear triangle, I don't see that happening. I think DB is quite content with the 5C being right where it is in the lineup, especially with the future release of the Level Link Mission.
    Yeah your right, and the more i think about it. The more im thinking i made the right call. The Release 3 is pretty much the same as last years. No major changes. The frame is gonna stay the same and thats all that would worry me.

Noob
    Nov 2018
    Congrats! Some pics when you get it in and built!
    Of course, i cant wait to show it off and enjoy it. This is my first high level mtb, besides the one i had borrowed to ride this summer from a friend. So that was not technically mine but he pretty much gave it to me. I just couldnt keep it now that he is moving out of state.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018

What else would you recommend in the 27.5+ hardtail category? ive been pretty dead set on the Mason 2. The only downside that I can see is the relatively low end fork, and I guess its not as slack as some others but its still fairly slack (68 deg HA). Neither of these things will probably affect me much since here in southeast Michigan the terrain is fairly flat overall. I mean i might be wrong though, im pretty new at this.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    I did some snooping. I think this is what he'd recommend:

If it helps, my two front runners atm, are the Whyte 901 ($1400), and Nukeproof scout 275 race ($1350).

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Gidgiddoni View Post
    Winner winner!

So far I've been really impressed with the value that Nukeproof seems to be putting on the table. Both the Scout race as you see, but also the Mega comp (if I was looking for an enduro bike).

But, as I said before, the Mason 2 isn't a poor value, but, as I looked at what I was looking for in a hardtail, I found others that seemed to have even greater value (for what I was looking for/valuing).

I also sent Ashborer a PM with more details on why that was my choice, just to keep from cluttering up this thread about it too much.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Gidgiddoni View Post
    on a similar note to Nukeproof, take a look at the Vitus Sentier line of hardtails on CRC!

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by AshBorer View Post
    What else would you recommend in the 27.5+ hardtail category? ive been pretty dead set on the Mason 2. The only downside that I can see is the relatively low end fork, and I guess its not as slack as some others but its still fairly slack (68 deg HA). Neither of these things will probably affect me much since here in southeast Michigan the terrain is fairly flat overall. I mean i might be wrong though, im pretty new at this.
    ru

Check out the Raleigh Tokul 3, one of my sons has the 2017 version and is crazy about it. They werenít going to make it anymore but itís back by popular demand.

https://www.raleighusa.com/media/cat...1541535385.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12