• 05-28-2014
    pachaven
    V10 or Trek Session or Devinci Wilson Help me pick! PLEASE
    I have three bro deals for these three bikes and can't decide what to get. I rode the V10 the last two years in Whistler and liked it but was not over the moon with the back end stiffening while braking. The Devinci has a DW rear end and the few friends who rode it were very impressed. The Trek Session is new to me and I just found out I can get the discount.
    So just factoring in "frame to have" and not thinking of price. What would you get and why?
    Thanks in advance for your help.
  • 05-28-2014
    SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    all three get stiff in rear braking
  • 05-28-2014
    pachaven
    Bummer.
  • 05-29-2014
    charging_rhinos
    V10 if you like a slightly longer cockpit, Wilson if you like a short cockpit. All Devinci bikes seem to feel a little cramped to me. I don't really like Trek. They feel sort of dead in my opinion. I'd personally take the V10, no question about it. Rode one a year ago and it was the most confidence inspiring bike I've ever ridden. And that stiffening under braking can usually be tuned out somewhat with suspension adjustment. Try taking off some high speed damping to let the wheel track a little more quickly.
  • 05-29-2014
    pachaven
    I think I will rent the 88 up in big bear ca, this weekend to see how it feels. I don't know of any place that rents the Wilson so I might be SOL.
  • 06-27-2014
    pacing08
    pachaven - Just curious. Which bike did you end up getting (or planning to get)?
  • 06-28-2014
    ianjenn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post

That only mattered to a company in the late 1990's for a few years.....
  • 07-17-2014
    GH28
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post

Don't listen to this. Only one of those is affected by braking and it doesn't even matter.

Devinci has a lifetime warranty, if that matters. Probably one of the best handling bikes I've ever ridden over the entire spectrum of DH terrain. Not a great pedaling bike, but does everything else spectacularly. No fuss.
  • 07-18-2014
    pachaven
    I ended up with a SWEET deal on a 14 Glory 0 that was upgraded and like new. I've had it up to my local DH park (Snow Summit) a few times and am really enjoying it.