Troy vs. Django 27.5- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2017

Troy vs. Django 27.5

I demoed a carbon Troy GX a few weeks ago. Loved it. Very capable, climbed and pedaled really well, and huge fun factor. I was actually surprised to find that it weighed as much as did...didn't even notice the weight when I rode it.

Curious, for those who have ridden a recent Troy and a Django 27.5, are the differences subtle, or very noticeable? We do a lot of climbing and peddling where we mainly ride (in Northern California), but also have a fair amount of technical stuff, some pretty steep. Also, lots of fast, flowy stuff. Not a lot of jumps, but plenty of rock gardens and roots.

No shuttle, we work for everything.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stolky View Post
    I demoed a carbon Troy GX a few weeks ago. Loved it. Very capable, climbed and pedaled really well, and huge fun factor. I was actually surprised to find that it weighed as much as did...didn't even notice the weight when I rode it.

Curious, for those who have ridden a recent Troy and a Django 27.5, are the differences subtle, or very noticeable? We do a lot of climbing and peddling where we mainly ride (in Northern California), but also have a fair amount of technical stuff, some pretty steep. Also, lots of fast, flowy stuff. Not a lot of jumps, but plenty of rock gardens and roots.

No shuttle, we work for everything.
    Django climbs better, Troy descends better. My wife has a Django - she has ridden my Troy and prefers her Django- I have ridden her Django and prefer my Troy. Both are super fun bikes-if you aren't hitting super chunky terrain then the Django might be a better choice.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk