Troy flip chips. How- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2004

Troy flip chips. How

I was going to flip these but they are super-duper tight. Are they reverse threads, or do you have to use the inside bolt vs the outside bolt? How come there are no instructions from Devinci on this?

mtbr member

Troy flip chips. How

If it's the same as the Django 29, there is only one bolt which can be tightened/loosened from both sides. It's a reverse thread when you look from the "outside" of the rocker and normal thread when looking from the "inside".

I agree, Devinci should give clearer instructions about this. No mention of reverse thread in the manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Thanks for asking - I've never even touched mine. It stays in shred mode, but I've thought about trying the high setting.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Panttaani View Post
    If it's the same as the Django 29, there is only one bolt which can be tightened/loosened from both sides. It's a reverse thread when you look from the "outside" of the rocker and normal thread when looking from the "inside".

I agree, Devinci should give clearer instructions about this. No mention of reverse thread in the manual.

django comes chipped in low setting?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    django comes chipped in low setting?
    Yes

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    AFAIK, they all come chipped in low. I know my Marshall did too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Could you possibly elaborate on this? I have the same question as the OP. Each side of the pivot has an inner bolt and an out bolt. I assume you need two 6mm allen keys to do this. But which bolt do you turn an which way do you turn it?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Coolatt,

Did you ever get this figured out and successfully flip the chips. The bolts on mine are super tight as well. Im afraid they're gonna strip.

mtbr member

Troy flip chips. How

Quote Originally Posted by sdwhitey View Post
    Could you possibly elaborate on this? I have the same question as the OP. Each side of the pivot has an inner bolt and an out bolt. I assume you need two 6mm allen keys to do this. But which bolt do you turn an which way do you turn it?
    On my Django, there is only one bolt per chip and that bolt can be loosened from both ends (normal thread from one end and reverse thread from the other end). So, you need only one allen key.
    Here is a quick drawing (sorry about the quality):

Last edited by Panttaani; 08-15-2017 at 07:52 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    On my Django, there is only one bolt per chip and that bolt can be loosened from both ends (normal thread from one end and reverse thread from the other end). So, you need only one allen key.
    Here is a quick drawing (sorry about the quality):

That may be low quality but it's great info. Thanks for taking the time to draw that out.

I'm not planning on flipping mine at the moment but have thought about it, as others have mentioned. No instructions to be found from devinci and no response to emails or phone calls. Kinda disappointing.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by deserat View Post
    No instructions to be found from devinci and no response to emails or phone calls. Kinda disappointing.
    Ditto. Devinci customer service was super slow for me. Asked question and 3.5 weeks later they emailed and apologized for slow delay. Something about a trade show in Canada. Even then the "support" wasn't specific, more along the lines of "if you look at our website the information is there."

Thank goodness for the few forum members on mtbr!

I think the likes of Pivot and Ibis can justify their pricing based solely on personalized attention in the CS department. C'est la vie.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Reverse tread? What year are you guys talking about? My 2014 is just like all the other suspension pivots. All regular tread. Hmm