Norco sight carbon or Devinci Troy???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2015

Norco sight carbon or Devinci Troy???

Someone had the chance to try them?
    I would not have the chance to try them?
    Sight is about $ 300 more than Troy.
    The color of the Sight (orange) does not look very nice in the pictures of the Norco website.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Hi there I'm new here, for the past month I have had a dilemma I could not decide to get either the Norco sight carbon or a Devinci Troy carbon. Both bikes are very similar geometry wise I just could not decide so in the end I ordered both bikes to my local bike shops so I could view and sit on them in person.
    I liked the look of both of them , I sat on them both and loved the way they both felt and rode. In the end I bought the Devinci Troy carbon my only deciding factor between the 2 bikes was the fact that the Devinci troy felt a little lighter than the Norco sight
    I'm happy with what I decided to get,although I've only owned my new bike 2 weeks .
    Either one you choose you will be onto a winner as there are both outstanding.
    Davey

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    The owner of a very well respected shop that is often recommended on here told me the Troy was his choice as the better of the two. He couldn't talk it up more than he did. I was sold on it. His shop sold both, but have since dropped Norco. I was told it was because too many frames were coming back with cracked stays (aluminum I think). Maybe Norco has fixed this problem, but this was like a year ago.

Captain One Lung Administrator
    Similar to the above except this owner recommend the Sight over the Troy. *shrug*

I've only had my c7.4 for less than a month but I ride at least 4 times a week. So far I'm really digging it. I'm still getting used to the size of the bike (XL) vs. the medium framed, narrow handlebars and steep head angle bikes I had been borrowing while I waited for the Sight. It doesn't feel as nimble as those bikes but that's to be expected. I just ordered a 50mm stem to replace the 70mm that comes on the XL. Hopefully that will fix my reach issue. The smaller bikes comes with a 60mm stem. The stock setup climbs really well. I don't see a need for locking out the shock/fork. It works great in open mode. We have a lot of hills/mountains here at the foot of the Sierra Nevada.

I don't think you can go wrong with either bike. Try and ride/demo them so you get a real feel for them. Sitting on them in a shop won't tell you much.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by richulr View Post
    The owner of a very well respected shop that is often recommended on here told me the Troy was his choice as the better of the two. He couldn't talk it up more than he did. I was sold on it. His shop sold both, but have since dropped Norco. I was told it was because too many frames were coming back with cracked stays (aluminum I think). Maybe Norco has fixed this problem, but this was like a year ago.
    I think we bought our Troys from the same shop, because in talking with them a year later, they mentioned the same issue when I asked about why they dropped Norco.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    if you are looking at a carbon sight - no reported issues - and the 2 shops i know in CO that carry em - love em, and have employees that bought em to ride em as personal bikes.

the only REAL way to know for sure which once you should buy - demo em both if possible. I couldn't believe how many times i was hyped for a new bike - only to demo it and realize it wasnt for me. Same with bikes that "came out of nowhere" and weren't on my radar.

I wanted to demo the Troy - but reviews were mixed and availability tough - when i was looking to buy. Also the shop that brought them in - i wouldn't touch w a 10 foot pole in my locale...

Love my Sight - and its been beat up hard over 1600 miles in 13 months. have hit the chain stays, seats stays, frame etc... its tumbled and taken it all - most of the marks aren't even visible - except to me who cried the first time i swiped a boulder w the seat stays/rear axle location ... i have the 2014 lowest cost 7.2c - with some tasty upgrades.

so that's my biased perspective. many troy owners love their rides as well - and there's some lengthy threads on it.

good luck

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SUB1647 View Post
    Someone had the chance to try them?
    I would not have the chance to try them?
    Sight is about $ 300 more than Troy.
    The color of the Sight (orange) does not look very nice in the pictures of the Norco website.

Thanks
    I demoed a Troy and liked the way it rode, but the TT is a bit short for me (med frame <23" TT), whereas I think the Sight is a bit longer, so fit could be a factor, another good reason to see/try them in person. If you buy without trying there's always a chance you could regret your choice.

mtbr member
    I've had my Troy for about a year and a half, I got it right as it came out in the states. The Norco was the only bike I didn't get to demo on dirt, so I don't have a great comparison, sorry, but I'll share a bit of my experience on the Troy. The chainstays are super short, which makes it very agile and quick, which is great for my home trails. I ride a medium, which might be a bit on the small side, but it adds to the quick handling. The suspension is fantastic. I'm around 200 pounds and even when standing, the back end soaks up small impacts like a champ, no bounce, just a smooth action. That's pretty impressive, because most bikes are designed around riders who are 170 or so. Technical climbing is much easier on this bike than the others I tested because of the suspension, it just works so well. The pedal clearance is kinda low, so that's a draw back if you have to make lots of ledgy rocky climbs. You learn to re-ratchet pretty fast! In a year and half, I'm no where near being tired, bored or over this bike. Every ride is impressive. The other big thing was that the frame has a lifetime warranty, and so far, the customer service has been terrific.

Having said all that, take your time and demo these bikes on the dirt. I think you'll be happy with whatever you get, but it's a lot of money.

Have fun.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    hi SUB1647,
    so which bike did you end up getting? how is it?