Django Fork Offset - Rock Shox Pike- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Django Fork Offset - Rock Shox Pike

Anyone running a Pike on their Django? Looks like the bikes come with a Fox with 44 offset but I donít think a Pike is available in a 44 offset. Looks like the Pike is 42 or 51?

Wanna ride bikes?
    2mm will not be noticeable.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Stop asking how much it weighs and just go ride it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by *OneSpeed* View Post
    2mm will not be noticeable.
    Thatís what I thought but is 42 the correct way to go? Supposedly thereís a 46 you can get but I donít see it.

Wanna ride bikes?
    It changes a bit every year or two. Previous models had different offsets, and OE forks can be specific to the bike manufacturers requests. I only see 51 or 42 options currently.

Like I said, with 44 as the baseline you likely would not be able to tell the difference going to a 42 or 46 offset fork. 2mm isn't enough to make a difference.

It just slightly changes how the bike behaves at slow speed vs high speed. There are a few Fox 34 forks with 44-46 offsets if you really want to stay in that range.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Stop asking how much it weighs and just go ride it.

mtbr member
    Been riding Fox for years was thinking about trying something different. Going to build a Django and donít want to make a $900 mistake. Thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Had an older Pike that I carried over for my Django, from 2014, that was a 46mm offset. 140mm when the stock fork spec'd for the Django was 130. Rode fine, wasn't twitchy or anything, but didn't feel the most stable, at least with my feeble skills, at very low speeds.

Like you, recently got the urge to try something different, so got a Fox 34 with a 51mm offset and 130mm of travel as originally spec'd for my bike model year. Didn't get to ride it much, as the snow came shortly after I put it on, other than just a shakedown up and down the street. But I liked how it felt.

Whether that's the change in brand, the shorter travel, or the different offset, I don't know. maybe a bit of all three.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Had an older Pike that I carried over for my Django, from 2014, that was a 46mm offset. 140mm when the stock fork spec'd for the Django was 130. Rode fine, wasn't twitchy or anything, but didn't feel the most stable, at least with my feeble skills, at very low speeds.

Like you, recently got the urge to try something different, so got a Fox 34 with a 51mm offset and 130mm of travel as originally spec'd for my bike model year. Didn't get to ride it much, as the snow came shortly after I put it on, other than just a shakedown up and down the street. But I liked how it felt.

Whether that's the change in brand, the shorter travel, or the different offset, I don't know. maybe a bit of all three.
    Thanks!