Devinci Spartan 29- Mtbr.com
    dmo
    mtbr member

Devinci Spartan 29

Anyone know if a 29er version of the Spartan will be coming out? Does the Spartan even need 29er wheels or does it ride well enough with 27.5?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Unpatiently waiting for the 29 version as well... looks like it takes some more months since they just came out with the new troy.

dmo
    mtbr member
    I just heard from Devinci that the Spartan 29 is a race bike exclusive to their athletes "for the moment". I wonder when they will release it for the public

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Damn!! Not what I wanted to hear... If there is no word from Devinci by the end of season, I am going to buy a Rallon. Just hope they wont release it very soon then. Pisses me off :-(

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I've heard it will be coming in the fall.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Mind****... again ;-)

mtbr member
    May 2010
    My guess would be Crankworx Whislter, just like all their other bigger releases.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    i bet it will be announce this fall!

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Devinci is taking orders now from shops for the Spartan 29 and yep agree that EWS Whistler will be the official release so we should FINALLY see if it as good as we all hope it is in just over a week!

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwikev View Post
    Devinci is taking orders now from shops for the Spartan 29 and yep agree that EWS Whistler will be the official release so we should FINALLY see if it as good as we all hope it is in just over a week!
    Thats what I heard too! Plus they should come with coil shocks!? Is this too good to be true??

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    It will come with air shock.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    You shure? What more infos you have?

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Well... no release at crankworx... this is getting tired.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Release probably in FINALE EWS end of september. At least what dealer told me...

mtbr member
    The spec's for the 29er version are up on the Devinci website.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Hu?? Where?

You mean the 2019 27.5...

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Does anybody know if the geo is the same as the 27.5 version? Or did they go a bit more progressiv with the 29er?

mtbr member
    On the Devinci website under the spartan, there are 2 sets of number spec's. one for 27.5 and i assume the other numbers are for the 29er.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    No, one is for the high and one for the low setting on the 27.5 - there is a flip chip...

Damn you had me all fired up!

mtbr member
    foxy87- yes i know that, there are 4 different columns of spec's. high/low for 27.5 and high/low for 29. its not labeled though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Can u post a screenshot? I am either blind or dumb, but there are only 2 different numbercharts on my devinci site...

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Summer Camp Bible of Bike has 5 29er LT reviews. One of them is still under embargo and its most likely the Spartan 29, as they speak about it in the Firebird 29 review

mtbr member
    What is going on with the seattube/toptube area? Is there a functional purpose to it?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan View Post
    What is going on with the seattube/toptube area? Is there a functional purpose to it?
    Structural support for the seat tube, same as a gusset would do.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Maybe in 10 days we'll see 29er in Spain... I heard rumors about colors, that would be green-yellow and the black-red that also rode the official team riders.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    No I guess Finale EWS at the end of september

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Devinci should wake up to the fact that they are probably hurting their brand image and possibly bike sales of this new model with their idiotic false prolonged 'embargo'. the dam bike is in stores already for crissakes. what a strange strange company.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    What I wonder is, if they are already in the shop, why there arent popping up any photos in the internet??

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy87 View Post
    What I wonder is, if they are already in the shop, why there arent popping up any photos in the internet??
    They are not available for purchase yet until the embargo is lifted. And no they are not in shops out of the box as the above poster of talking out of his rear end.

Devinci is not hurting there image one bit and are being intelligent by making sure the bike can be ready and sold on the date they officially announce it. Having Superboost has complicated the time table which led to delays because you canít release a bike when you donít have the wheelsets available.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Yeah EWS Finale. If they dont release it there, I am gonna cry and probably go with another bike because I want to testride it... and no, not in the snow!

And it doesnt seem very intelligent to me to put Guides on that kind of bike. Exactly the same nonsense like Yeti is putting xm wheels on the SB150. Nothing but stupid, sorry. Its not like they already cost 10000.- dollars...

mtbr member
    Yeah EWS Finale. If they dont release it there, I am gonna cry and probably go with another bike because I want to testride it... and no, not in the snow!
    Definitely wait to get the bike because itís going to be such a great bike going up and down with the durability that Devinci is known for.

Although Iím not a fan of Superboost as I feel that 157 spacing should be reserved for DH bikes the benefits will be worth the wait.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    I hope so. Wish it to be a bomber downhill. Wonder if it will descend as good or better then the SB150. I doubt it though as the Geometry wont be as progressiv as the SB150.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Mountain City Cycles, Courtenay BC, just sold the size Large they had in stock for the last couple weeks, and i know the guy who bought it. they had one of the first shipment to Canada. so skinnybex, shove it up your ass you ignorant sack of shit.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cunningstunts View Post
    Mountain City Cycles, Courtenay BC, just sold the size Large they had in stock for the last couple weeks, and i know the guy who bought it. they had one of the first shipment to Canada. so skinnybex, shove it up your ass you ignorant sack of shit.
    Nice fabricated story you country Bumpkin. Go back behind the barn where you belong and stop spreading lies.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Well all it needs is to tell your friend to take a picture, and we are all happy (especially me)

What color did he buy?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnybex View Post
    Nice fabricated story you country Bumpkin. Go back behind the barn where you belong and stop spreading lies.
    so without getting between this little quarrel that statement isn't entirely untrue. There are a handful of canadian dealers who have been in fact sitting on them for weeks waiting for the release. devinci has pushed the release date back a couple of times. friend of mine rode one at silver star a couple weeks ago as a demo. I believe devinci actually asked the dealers to send the bikes back at one point lol. As far as getting sold one there are a lot of dumb kids that work at bike shops that don't know anything and possibly just sold it not thinking twice. so before everyone gets all buck wild up in here the bike is coming and cunning stunts probably isn't full of shit.

beater
    Itís not unheard of for some shops to have a bike on the floor before any photos are released online. Iíve seen it myself.

mtbr member
    I'm very aware that the bikes have been sitting at shops and a few line sellers for weeks but they were told by Devinci to honor the Embargo and not sell or even unbox or build the bikes.

Obviously there are business owners or employees that don't give a rats ass about the rules or request but if your running a successful business or have any integrity you wait until your told. Devinci would revoke a dealer agreement over something like selling the bike early and letting it leave the shop. Yes, it's pretty silly to make a big deal about a bicycle being sold early but there are reasons for this.

Devinci is a rad company that has that rider first approach so it's worth the wait and not spewing stupid BS like cunning stunts was doing over how they run there business.
    Yeti SB165
    Yeti SB150
    Yeti SB130 AXS
    Yeti SB100
    Devinci Spartan
    20' Enduro 29
    20' Epic HT

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Wonder if they went for a quick redesign, maybe steepened the seat angle after seeing the direction bike geometry is headed, would be a shame to release an obsolete bike...

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Its got a steeper seatangle (76 in low), same reach and HA and slightly longer wheelbase.

Wished they streched the reach a bit and went with a bit lower HA though

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    it's all a big lie, i made it up for fun. my mate did not buy the grey and red S29er and did not ride it in our Tuesday night group ride. sweet looking rig though, barely looks any different to the 'regular' Spartan. MCC's a big dealer, lots of Devinci's round here.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    What does he say how it rides?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    marshalling for the end of season enduro race (Island Cup), there were 2, not released, make believe S29s in the race. naturally it's all a lie, but they sure looked good. less black than charcoal and the red is a bit subdued as well compared to the pro bike photos you've seen. i don't like all Devinci colours, but these are very nice looking to my eye. it's amazing the shit you see out here in the stix. Bumpkinville is overflowing with pro riders and mtn bikes. you might say we're a little drinking town with a mtn bike problem.

no they weren't even close to the podium, it's all teenage junior world cup level guys and ex olympians, and the bike doesn't even factor into the results.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    the photos will be released on the 28th by the by.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    marshalling for the end of season enduro race (Island Cup), there were 2, not released, make believe S29s in the race. naturally it's all a lie, but they sure looked good. less black than charcoal and the red is a bit subdued as well compared to the pro bike photos you've seen. i don't like all Devinci colours, but these are very nice looking to my eye. it's amazing the shit you see out here in the stix. Bumpkinville is overflowing with pro riders and mtn bikes. you might say we're a little drinking town with a mtn bike problem.

no they weren't even close to the podium, it's all teenage junior world cup level guys and ex olympians, and the bike doesn't even factor into the results.
    Hahahah, I love it, for the record "Bumpkinville" has some of the best trails in North America

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Wonder why Oton raced the troy in ews spain...?

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    the photos will be released on the 28th by the by.
    What photos?

mtbr member
    Wonder why Oton raced the troy in ews spain...?
    Did you listen to his interview? He explained it pretty clearly.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    You mesn the short interview in the ews video on youtube? He just states he feels good onthe bike.

Or what interview are you talking about?

mtbr member
    You mesn the short interview in the ews video on youtube? He just states he feels good onthe bike.

Or what interview are you talking about?
    On the VitalMTB race coverage.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Thanks mate

mtbr member
    Aug 2016

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    so quiet, no reaction??

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    it's not actually out yet....

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    What do you mean? Its released abd the first reviews are out.

What I think is curious, that obly the LTD Version has a reduced offset fork and Code Brakes. This is probably the one I will get.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    I hope so. Wish it to be a bomber downhill. Wonder if it will descend as good or better then the SB150. I doubt it though as the Geometry wont be as progressiv as the SB150.
    The SB150 isnít even as capable smashing rough stuff as the Wreckoning or Firebird 29 according to Bike Mag review. So Iíd say there is a fair chance the Spartan 29 is more capable with 15mm more out back and potential to run 180mm front. Itís probably not as good on the way up, but my guess is better on the way down. I have the 27.5 Spartan, but havenít ridden any Yetiís.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Anybody ordered the Spartan 29 yet?

I am still waiting to sit on a medium. Curious what people are ordering sizewise.

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    Hi, any tall rider with the spartan29? I am 191, 5 (6'3.5"), like the bike, but concened if I am not too tall for the bike. my short list is spartan, foxy29r and hightowerlt

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Hmm... I am 174 and probably go with the Large... So I dont know if the XL would fit you. Depends on what you want the bike for I guess.

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    Thanks for your note. I want riding local enduro trails mostly, several times per year the alps and maybe some race. But need that bike will bw capable for longer daily rides. So pretty allround. I was reading that the spartan is pretty compact, so probably will decide beetwen tbe foxy and sc.

I am a Nomad
    Do we know if the Spartan 29, will take 27.5+ wheels, as well (i.e 27.5x2.8)?
    The Troy 29 can, but for the Spartan 29, there is no such mention in their website...

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Hejsa View Post
    Thanks for your note. I want riding local enduro trails mostly, several times per year the alps and maybe some race. But need that bike will bw capable for longer daily rides. So pretty allround. I was reading that the spartan is pretty compact, so probably will decide beetwen tbe foxy and sc.
    I guess if you want it as a very capable allroundbike, I dont think the XL will be too short. If you want it as an enduro race bike, it will probably a bit too short for your height, as you cant upsize...

I would go medium if its going to be my only bike. But I have a 2019 Trek Remedy for allround use. So I want something more progressiv and fast, thats why I probably would upsize and go with a Large.

Quote Originally Posted by tp806 View Post
    Do we know if the Spartan 29, will take 27.5+ wheels, as well (i.e 27.5x2.8)?
    The Troy 29 can, but for the Spartan 29, there is no such mention in their website...

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
    No idea... Why not go with the normal Spartan? i am shure it will fit 2.6 tires...

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    Yeah, actually I think the reach is ok, but the TT effective (639/636) measure is pushing me back from buy the bike as I am afraid from non-comfort during pedaling. Hopefully more experiences from taller riders will come soon.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by paraskevas View Post
    Looks great!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    hi, does anyone run the Spartan 29 with a reduced offset fork???impression & comments???thanks

mtbr member
    Has anyone tried a 29x2.6 tire on the rear of the Spartan? Aluminum build
    Will it fit? I have one on order and have some 29x2.6s I wanted to put on it, but they say 2.5 is the max rear tire size, seems a little odd considering it's super boost?
    My MTB adventures! Subscribe & Like!

http://toogyhowsermtb.com