2017 Troy

Printable View

• 07-24-2016
    RWhiz
    2017 Troy
    I'm starting to look hard at picking up a 2017 Carbon Troy next spring. Has anyone on this board heard any word on the '17's? Right now I'd be looking at a Carbon RS build. Any opinions or rumors welcome!
  • 07-24-2016
    DeadGuyRogue
    The dealer I spoke with said they would start trickling in around late August/September timeframe. The dealer book I saw showed that the carbon builds are renamed, and starts with NX, then GX, and on up. The GX was around the 4200 usd range and featured a dropper post and I think RaceFace rims instead of the house brand rims. I imagine we'll see a full release soon. Also, new color that I saw in the book was black on black.
  • 11-16-2016
    maramouse
    My dealer tell me that the difference between the 016 and 017 Troy is the fork with boost 110 standard for the next year
  • 11-17-2016
    zepplin758
    I just got mine last week. Carbon X0 build. It's sweet. 30mm inner width rims and boost front and back. I'm amazed with how bottomless and plush the suspension is. I was riding a Giant Reign 27.5 as my main bike before. Now I don't know if I have a use for it anymore. My Troy can hold it's own in the roughest terrain and is still nimble feeling pedaling uphill. It's only been a week, but I am very happy with my purchase. Also note that the first upgrade I made was adding a bash guard, as it did not come with one.

Here are some pics:

2017 Devinci Troy X01 - Album on Imgur

Also just for fun I wanted to see if I could mount plus tires on the front and rear. They fit 2.8" Nobby Nics with room to spare. I might consider the 2.6" tires when they come out.
  • 11-17-2016
    Recycling
    Nice, doesn't look as shinny as I thought.
    I'm still waiting for my stem but not in a hurry, as it has been the wettest fall I can remember in Vancouver. It hasn't stopped raining for 6 weeks.
    Surprised the plus fits on the back. I may try that.
  • 11-18-2016
    RWhiz
    Nice looking bike Zepplin!
  • 11-26-2016
    zepplin758
    Just mounted my spare 2.8" Nobby Nics! Haven't ridden her yet but she looks sweet.

2017 Devinci Troy Plus - Album on Imgur
  • 11-26-2016
    zepplin758
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RWhiz View Post
    Nice looking bike Zepplin!

Thank you! She's the best bike I've bought so far! So nimble and bombproof!
  • 12-06-2016
    alonmil
    Hi all,
    currently I am riding on Kona Process 134 and thinking on replacing it with the 2017
    Troy Alloy GX.

did someone already got his hands on one of those 2017 alloy versions?
    is there any difference between the 2016 and 2017 models (in terms of geometry....)?
  • 12-07-2016
    maramouse
    no one difference between 2016 and 2017 geometry
  • 12-08-2016
    RWhiz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zepplin758 View Post
    Thank you! She's the best bike I've bought so far! So nimble and bombproof!

I feel the same way about my '15 Troy!
  • 02-01-2017
    coot271
    Do the carbon models have a weight limit???? Really diggin this bike.
  • 02-02-2017
    cadoretteboat
    Quote:

Originally Posted by coot271 View Post

There's no mentioned of a weight limit in the owner/technical manuel.
  • 02-03-2017
    crankpuller
    Quote:

Originally Posted by coot271 View Post

I doubt it- lifetime warranties don't usually have weight limits applied to them. The frame is solid- no flex at all
  • 04-29-2017
    cunningstunts
    i'm highly curious about this bike. i have 2 awesome bikes. a Transition Smuggler and Patrol. both are fantastic. the Smuggler is used 75% of the time as it pedals really well, handles well and descends well. the Patrol comes out for a local area that is steeper and much rougher than the main trail network. sometimes i'm under biked on the Smuggler (but not often) and often i'm over biked on the Patrol for my riding style. fact is, as good as the Patrol is, and all the reviews some of you have seen, it is very, very slack and climbing it, even locked out shock, is a bear. it is Reign like (having demo'd one, i know this) and close to a DH bike in many regards. anyhow...

i wonder of the Troy has 80% or more of the descending ability of the Patrol, but a much more trail and climb friendly disposition. that's how some of the reviews come off, what do the owners in the know say?
  • 05-03-2017
    Recycling
    Forum is pretty slow. I'm sure there are many many happy troy owners. Haven't ridden a patrol so I cant compare but I wouldn't want an enduro bike for the trails I mostly ride which are steep and twisty. (Burke, Eagle mtns, Coquitlam, B.C.) They are just too long, low and slack for my liking. I'm happy with my 2016 troy other than I am between sizes and the bike doesn't turn as sharp as I like and not as playful, as I sized up but the trade off is high speed stability. It pedals and climbs very well even with the 35mm stem I am using. I don't need to use the shock switch as I am running an oval 28 which has risen the anti squat and increased pedaling performance. I am down to one bike and that's the troy, but I don't hit the bike parks much anymore but probably would be ok with my 160 up front an the 57mm piggy back stroke shock in the rear. I am coming off a 26" banshee spitfire that was 4 lbs heavier and the troy is better in almost every way. Tight corners, maybe equal. Don't know if this helps.....
  • 05-08-2017
    Derp
    1 Attachment(s)
    I just built up a '17 Troy with DVO suspension, a Works Components 1 degree angled headset (65 deg with 160mm fork), full XT build, and WE ARE ONE Composites carbon wheels. These wheels are 100% manufactured in Canada. Kamloops, BC to be exact. Attachment 1136241

Its a really nice, playful bike. Could be a hair longer in the TT but its not worth complaining about. Definitely feels like it has more travel than 140mm.
  • 05-12-2017
    maramouse
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Derp View Post
    I just built up a '17 Troy with DVO suspension, a Works Components 1 degree angled headset (65 deg with 160mm fork), full XT build, and WE ARE ONE Composites carbon wheels. These wheels are 100% manufactured in Canada. Kamloops, BC to be exact. Attachment 1136241

Its a really nice, playful bike. Could be a hair longer in the TT but its not worth complaining about. Definitely feels like it has more travel than 140mm.

Wow! one question: the shock lenght of the DVO is 200x57 or 200x51? thanks!
  • 05-18-2017
    danmtchl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by maramouse View Post
    Wow! one question: the shock lenght of the DVO is 200x57 or 200x51? thanks!

The shock length is 200x51, but have heard people flipping the chip and running 200x57. Check the 2014 Troy thread, there is a lot of mention about it.
  • 06-10-2017
    RWhiz
    1 Attachment(s)
    Attachment 1141446Hey guys, I haven't been around to check this thread for awhile. Anyway I did purchase a holdover 2016 carbon framed Troy built up with a 2017 build kit. I love it! The fit, and geometry are improved over my 2015 alloy Troy, and the new Pike is noticeably better. Overall a better all mountain bike, and I loved the 2015! I added a 150mm Reverb Stealth and after riding it for awhile I replaced the 30 tooth ring with a 28 tooth. And that's it really! Now if I can figure out these Guide brakes...
  • 06-29-2017
    sml-2727
    How does this bike climb vs other bikes you guys have ridden, all the reviews I have read give this bike high praise.

This bike is on my list of next bikes to own, Im also digging the Django 29,Jeffsy, SB5,SB4.5 and 5010... I have ridden the 5010 and thought it was a lot of fun, Im going to demo the Yeti's soon, cant demo a Jeffsy or the Devinci's
  • 07-03-2017
    dromond
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sml-2727 View Post
    How does this bike climb vs other bikes you guys have ridden, all the reviews I have read give this bike high praise.

This bike is on my list of next bikes to own, Im also digging the Django 29,Jeffsy, SB5,SB4.5 and 5010... I have ridden the 5010 and thought it was a lot of fun, Im going to demo the Yeti's soon, cant demo a Jeffsy or the Devinci's

I ride a 2016 Troy Carbon with 160mm Pike. I had a 2015 Yt Capra Al and find it climbs noticeably better than that. I also had a 2013 or 14 Santa Cruz 5010 and think that climbed a little better than the Troy. In terms of handling rugged and steep terrain, the Troy is also better than the 5010 (this was the older 5010) but not as good at the Capra. Overall, the Troy is easily my favorite out of the three and I hope to hang onto it for a while.
  • 07-03-2017
    danmtchl
    I have a 15 Troy Carbon and mine climbs great. In my opinion your bike setup will make a huge difference on how it climbs. If it is set up with heavy wheels and super plush suspension, then no its not going to climb very well. Its all in the setup.
  • 07-03-2017
    dromond
    Quote:

Originally Posted by danmtchl View Post
    I have a 15 Troy Carbon and mine climbs great. In my opinion your bike setup will make a huge difference on how it climbs. If it is set up with heavy wheels and super plush suspension, then no its not going to climb very well. Its all in the setup.

True. In the above experiences I actually had the same wheels on all three frames and set up suspension carefully, so it was a pretty fair comparison.