2017 Devinci Django 29er- Mtbr.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member

2017 Devinci Django 29er

Here are a couple pics of the new bike. I'll post actual pics when I get the bikes! I'm a fan of the Yellow/Blue!

Last edited by Velorangutan; 08-16-2016 at 09:29 AM.

beater
    It's a nice trail bike. I've always been impressed with Devinci.

But whoever assembled that yellow and blue one needs a slap.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Fox back on

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorangutan View Post
    Here are a couple pics of the new bike. I'll post actual pics when I get the bikes! I'm a fan of the Yellow/Blue, but my buddy thought it was hideous.

130mm front 120mm back?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crankpuller View Post
    130mm front 120mm back?
    Correct.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Available in aluminum as frame-only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sisu View Post
    Available in aluminum as frame-only.

Is that a question or a statement? The pic appears to be a carbon model

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Statement. As in period at the end of sentence? Yes pic is carbon. Me, I'm waiting for actual bb height before I get all hot n bothered. Anyone have details? Over in the 29er forum folks seem to think that an 8 yr old is in charge of frame Geo charts at Devinci.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Where is this color combo at? Saw this before the Django 27.5 was released, once it was, I was hoping this would pop up for the 29 offering, the yellow / blue is not attractive.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017 Devinci Django 29er-django-carbon-f-sx.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Is this basically an updated Atlas with slightly more aggressive geo? Is it 27.5+ compatible?

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by kipstylee View Post
    Where is this color combo at? Saw this before the Django 27.5 was released, once it was, I was hoping this would pop up for the 29 offering, the yellow / blue is not attractive.
    Whoa.. where did you get that pic? I like that color scheme and styling!

mtbr member
    Anyone know when they're going to officially release their 2017 lineup? on their website, etc...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by d365 View Post
    Anyone know when they're going to officially release their 2017 lineup? on their website, etc...
    Looks like the launch date for the Django 29 is 8/16.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Senatorsrule65 View Post
    Whoa.. where did you get that pic? I like that color scheme and styling!
    French dealer announcing the django 27.5, agreed, this look is sick, wish they offered it on the django 29.

link http://yodabikes.fr/node/1137

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by kipstylee View Post
    French dealer announcing the django 27.5, agreed, this look is sick, wish they offered it on the django 29.

link http://yodabikes.fr/node/1137

Doesn't look like that color scheme made it for either 2016 nor from the leaked 2017 brochures. That picture you put up got me thinking for a whole week of my new bike next season and reality is sinking in... dream shattered!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    DEVINCI

edit: cad $

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Looks like the embrago on the Django 29er has been lifted.

First Look: Devinci Django 29 ? new 120 mm trail smasher | ENDURO Mountainbike Magazine

Does anybody know when these bikes will be ready to order.

Also... on the Devinci website, all trim levels of the carbon bike are shown in the two colors. I wonder if you really have a choice of either color regardless of trim or if that's an error on the site.

mtbr member
    The NX and SLX/XT versions of the the Django 29 will be available at the end of August. In both color options.

They will have two color options for each build level.

mtbr member
    The NX and SLX/XT versions of the the Django 29 will be available at the end of August. In both color options.

They will have two color options for each build level.
    need to get to austin at the end of the month and check them out (good excuse to get outta houston for the weekend). highly excited about the django 29. trying to decide between it and the new fuel ex.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sardo Numspa View Post
    need to get to austin at the end of the month and check them out (good excuse to get outta houston for the weekend). highly excited about the django 29. trying to decide between it and the new fuel ex.
    Do it! Bring your riding gear. I hope to have two Carbon 29ers set up for Demos. My demos are free. I just pre authorize a credit card.

mtbr member
    Do it! Bring your riding gear. I hope to have two Carbon 29ers set up for Demos. My demos are free. I just pre authorize a credit card.
    awesome! let me know when they come in.

mtbr member
    Live in Austin would like to demo one of these. Let me know when they're available.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Hmm....looks pretty good but I'll have to check the BB height (too low is a no-go) and I'm not certain about 68 degree HA on the slack side. Doable though, and probably a good trail and even a race bike. Definitely looking for some ride reports.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    this is by far my favorite bike at the moment
    would like to have one in germany

mtbr member
    Have you received it yet? Looking forward to your pictures; I love the slate blue and orange; kudos to Devinci for being bold!

mtbr member
    Are these bikes being delivered yet? not too many reviews or discussion on this bike.

mtbr member
    was thinking same thing
    greener pastures

mtbr member
    Carbon is about 4 more weeks away. The aluminum will be shipping next week!

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Well Well Well....

That red carbon frame for the 2016 27.5 was real but never went into production because sales didn't think it was a hit color. I saw this at Vallee Bra du Nord last week. I was like hey dam.. that's the frame I want!

2017 Devinci Django 29er-20161001_135844.jpg

mtbr member
    The Carbon bikes have finally arrived. This looks even better in person. The base color is a dark blue which is hard to see on the camera.

mtbr member
    The Carbon bikes have finally arrived. This looks even better in person. The base color is a dark blue which is hard to see on the camera.

Looks good. any weights?
    greener pastures

mtbr member

2017 Devinci Django 29er

Velorangutan, can you compare the dimensions of the bottom bracket area between the carbon Django 29 and the Troy? I was thinking would it be possible to fit a Rock Guardz carbon protector designed for Troy on the Django as there is no model for Django yet. http://www.rockguardz.com/rockguardz.html

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Hurry up and get it built and give us a ride report. I'm curious how this compares to the Atlas. I find it interesting that the Django uses a shock with a shorter stroke than the one on the Marshall even though it has more travel. Django - 7.25 x 1.75 - 120 mm travel, Marshall - 7.875 x 2 - 110 mm travel.

mtbr member
    I've had mine (carbon ver) for 2 months now, so here's what I'm thinking so far. Have ridden it on everything now and it is a superbike. Not a stock build, not that those don't look great. Only major difference is I went with NOX Farlow wheels. I use it for everything except park/shuttling. This is my first 29er.

If you've owned a Devinci (I was on a Dexter previously), you'll be at home handling wise. It feels very comfortable at warp speed and also conspicuously comfortable while standing and pedaling. All around great control and trail feel, including in the air. It is a pretty substantial frame that can handle whatever (similar to the Troy in this regard from what I understand). In most situations cornering is better than my prev 26ers, which I attribute to the geo, wide rims and obscene stiffness of the overall build. I still get a little balled up on two tight, deep bermed, switchbacks on one local trail, but they seem unusually tight for big bermed turns. Really like this Fox shock from day 1...I avy'd a pike for the build and this shock pairs with it admirably. Noticed I can run the rear rebound pretty fast compared to my past 26ers without getting bucked. Have had a few pedal strikes on the climbs, but it seems to stay above stuff flying in attack position.

Perhaps I'm not putting a lot of effort into selling the review as well because the reason I'm here now was to read about a problem I thought I was having when I had really just figured out I had totaled my brake on the trail (but not after a lot of time wasted and mineral oil spilled all over myself)...I guess I've had a little too much fun beating on this thing!

But anyways, just wanted to provide that I have nothing but rave reviews for the frame in case that helps anyone.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Would love to see some pics here...

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Anyone running this with a 140 up front? Head angle would be under 67.

dave

mtbr member

2017 Devinci Django 29er

I'm waiting for my Django29 to arrive in a few weeks (). It seems to be equipped with an FSA dropper which I know nothing about (except it's supposed to be heavy). Anybody here have any experience with one?
    Mind you, I have not had a dropper post previously so I don't have anything to compare this to.

mtbr member
    Need to get out to austin after tax return comes in, feeling the itch for a new bike (my 2011 is a bit tired).

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Panttaani View Post
    I'm waiting for my Django29 to arrive in a few weeks (). It seems to be equipped with an FSA dropper which I know nothing about (except it's supposed to be heavy). Anybody here have any experience with one?
    Hope to see some pics and hear some feedback on what you think...not only the FSA post , but the bike overall. What is your height and what size / build did you order?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by keithrad View Post
    Hope to see some pics and hear some feedback on what you think...not only the FSA post , but the bike overall. What is your height and what size / build did you order?
    I'm 6'3" so I chose the XL after a brief test ride. It fit me well. It will be the carbon gx build.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    That's cool to know. I'm 6'2 and have been concerned with the shorter seat tube. Hoping with the longer reach and newer geometry it will feel right. I've noticed a lot of frames these days have shortish seat tubes even in XL. Cool you were able to demo a XL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

mtbr member

2017 Devinci Django 29er

I have my seat 81 cm from the center of bb shell to top saddle and the seat tube did not seem too short. The bike I demoed had a 50 mm stem and a 760 mm wide low riser with 15 mm of spacers under the stem. Unlike the XL Hightower, to get the grips about level with the seat does not require tons of spacers plus 40 mm riser on the Django.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ride the biscuit View Post
    I've had mine (carbon ver) for 2 months now, so here's what I'm thinking so far. Have ridden it on everything now and it is a superbike. Not a stock build, not that those don't look great. Only major difference is I went with NOX Farlow wheels. I use it for everything except park/shuttling. This is my first 29er....
    I failed to thank you for this review ride the biscuit! I've read through it a few times and am stoked to try one out! What are your local trails like? Also what is your size / height, and what size frame are you on?

mtbr member
    Sweeeeet! Love the colours.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

These look really nice, much more orange in that yellow! Did you happen to weigh the frame?

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Has anyone compared the Django29 against e.g. TB3, 429t or even SB4.5?

The geo of the bike seems nice!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by aland33 View Post
    Has anyone compared the Django29 against e.g. TB3, 429t or even SB4.5?

The geo of the bike seems nice!
    Close enough?
    29er Trailbike Roundup | Blister Gear Review - Skis, Snowboards, Mountain Bikes, Climbing, Kayaking

mtbr member
    May 2007
    @ cadoretteboat
    That's pretty coincidental that the other bike I'm considering besides the Django is the Transition Smuggler. I think if I decide to try carbon it will be the Devinci. Still unsure of going carbon....also the alloy Smuggler uses familiar and transferrable bottom bracket and axle configurations. Still awhile out from convincing my wife of the "need" to upgrade!

Last edited by keithrad; 02-06-2017 at 07:11 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I have my seat 81 cm from the center of bb shell to top saddle and the seat tube did not seem too short. The bike I demoed had a 50 mm stem and a 760 mm wide low riser with 15 mm of spacers under the stem. Unlike the XL Hightower, to get the grips about level with the seat does not require tons of spacers plus 40 mm riser on the Django.

Thanks for those numbers. My current bike is probably on the smaller side of where I would like it to be, and my next will be! I'm having to run a 90mm stem and nearly 11 inches of seatpost exposed.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Large
    custom build
    xt/xtr build
    170 dropper
    130 pike pictured, just set it to 140 today
    only 1 ride, review soon
    2017 Devinci Django 29er-img_0032.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Looks good, looking forward to a review.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    i have a Smuggler (Pike at 140) and it purely awesome. the Django looks amazing and very similar. by all accounts from what i've read the D may be a better climber, maybe much better. sure is a unique and stunning looking bike would love to demo one. same goes for the Troy, i've got the Devinci bug bad. overlooked them for years (mostly due to short reach geometry) but they have more appeal than ever. i've got a Devinci Hatchet xp on order right now. made in Canada alloy, can't wait.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Django 29 review
    140 pike on it

Now have about 8 rides on it
    5 at North Table Mountain pretty mellow single track
    1 on Dakota Ridge, most technical trail front range
    Weekend at Fruita

There are alot of good reviews out on this bike and I agree the bike just works and feels great. bike mag, blistergear, vitalmtb

The bike climbs great, keep it in open almost all of the time.
    Descending with the pike at 140 feels perfect, and still climbs great at 140. I have not problems at all with climbing at 140, and all of my rides in the front range of co have 1000 to 2000 feet of climbing to start the rides.
    The bike is also playfull, it was a little more play full with the fork at 130, but I will take the descending ability of the pike at 140.
    The bike is great!!

Bikes that I had the last 2years to compare to
    Salsa Carbon Horsethief. and the Pivot 429 Trail
    Django is more plush than the horsethief, especially at normal riding pace and its more playfull than the horsethief.
    Django is about as plush as the 429 trail at normal riding pace, but ramps up much more when pushed hard and does not bottom out hard like the 429 trail did. Also the Django is more stable at speed.
    ( The 429 trail I had did not fit great in large it was to small for me)

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Has anyone tried a DHF 2.5 or Nobby Nic 2.6 on the rear? I'm debating between the Django or the Fuel Ex, which has plenty of tire clearance.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoy16 View Post
    Has anyone tried a DHF 2.5 or Nobby Nic 2.6 on the rear? I'm debating between the Django or the Fuel Ex, which has plenty of tire clearance.
    Ride both bikes before choosing based on tire clearance.

mtbr member
    I think Devinci's website said 2.4 was max, but I would assume they err on the side of caution to leave plenty of clearance.

MORRREE RIDE REVIEWS!!!! PLEASE!!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoy16 View Post
    2.6" Nic fits with at least 1/4" all around on my Django. They are mounted to I9 Enduro wheels with 26mm internal width.

I see the 2.6 nics as a specialty tire. They have insane amounts of grip and roll faster than the 2.35 nics. But I'm hitting rims on square hits and folding tires on drops. More pressure stops this but they lose some grip and ride like basket balls at anything above 23 psi.

They also don't track well through rock gardens. the side knobs seem to get hung up where a Dampf or Minion would hold straight.

I'll probably go Minion/Aggressor and run the 2.6's in the snow and at Buffalo Creek.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by crankpuller View Post
    Ride both bikes before choosing based on tire clearance.
    Fit on the Fuel Ex vs. Django is VERY different. The shock leverage ratios are polar opposites as well.

mtbr member
    X01 12S weight? Can anyone give an actual weight for a large Django 29 X01 12S?

mtbr member
    Any pics of the aluminum version? I'm curious to see what the color looks like in real life.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    It is a nice deep muted grey. Ha ha, I know that's a poor description, but it look way better than the photos on their website, which look like a sickly off white.

2017 Devinci Django 29er-2017_django_29.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Anyone try 27 plus on a Django?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB2 View Post
    It is a nice deep muted grey. Ha ha, I know that's a poor description, but it look way better than the photos on their website, which look like a sickly off white.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017_Django_29.jpg 
Views:	2052 
Size:	170.2 KB 
ID:	1132985
    Isn't the frame super-heavy though? Like in the area of 8 pounds?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    awesome bike. ridin at the ranch. covered in tics!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tokarsky268 View Post
    Anyone try 27 plus on a Django?
    They will fit, but not as much clearance as the Marshall. I also think the BB would be too low.

However, I have tested with success a 1/2" longer rear shock installed to give it more travel and higher bottom bracket.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB2 View Post

Name:	2017_Django_29.jpg 
Views:	2052 
Size:	170.2 KB 
ID:	1132985
    Is that an XL frame?

mtbr member
    They will fit, but not as much clearance as the Marshall. I also think the BB would be too low.

However, I have tested with success a 1/2" longer rear shock installed to give it more travel and higher bottom bracket.
    I was wondering about this same possibility.

The stock shock appears to be a 7.25X1.75.

Did you use a 7.5X2.0?

I would love to hear and see more about this possibility.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Isn't the frame super-heavy though? Like in the area of 8 pounds?
    I have no idea. Could be. I honestly don't really care though. I wasn't looking for an xc whippet.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by titusquasi View Post
    Is that an XL frame?
    Large

mtbr member
    Does anyone have a pic of an XL...aluminum or carbon?

mtbr member
    I was wondering about this same possibility.

The stock shock appears to be a 7.25X1.75.

Did you use a 7.5X2.0?

I would love to hear and see more about this possibility.

Thanks!
    That's exactly what I did. The chainstays have to be in the 'low' position for the shock to fit. It's a tight fit.

mtbr member
    That's exactly what I did. The chainstays have to be in the 'low' position for the shock to fit. It's a tight fit.
    Which shock exactly did you use and what part of the fit is "tight"? Shock/rocker? Tire/seat tube?

Thanks again!

mtbr member
    Which shock exactly did you use and what part of the fit is "tight"? Shock/rocker? Tire/seat tube?

Thanks again!
    I used the Rockshox Monarch RL. What is tight is that the swingarm has to extend and if the bike had another coat of paint on it, would touch the bb shell. Other than that the shock fits in normally with no modifications.

mtbr member
    I used the Rockshox Monarch RL. What is tight is that the swingarm has to extend and if the bike had another coat of paint on it, would touch the bb shell. Other than that the shock fits in normally with no modifications.
    What rebound/compression tune did you use on that Monarch?

So...even though you put it in "low" position the extra length of the shock extended the swingarm more than the stock "high" setting. Do I understand that correctly?

Was this on a carbon or aluminum frame?

I wonder if a guy could use an offset bushing on the lower shock eyelet to give that swingarm just a bit more space?

Hmmm...I love this kind of problem solving and a Django 29 with 135mm rear travel and 140mm front sounds just about perfect!

mtbr member
    What rebound/compression tune did you use on that Monarch?

So...even though you put it in "low" position the extra length of the shock extended the swingarm more than the stock "high" setting. Do I understand that correctly?

Was this on a carbon or aluminum frame?

I wonder if a guy could use an offset bushing on the lower shock eyelet to give that swingarm just a bit more space?

Hmmm...I love this kind of problem solving and a Django 29 with 135mm rear travel and 140mm front sounds just about perfect!
    You're on the money. I used a carbon frame to test. With the seatstay in the 'high' position the shock would not fit. The offset bushing was on my radar to try. It would certainly work with that.

My goal was to raise the bb height and steepen the headangle.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    The stock headset bearings are garbage. I pulled my fork to travel and they fell appart. Luckily cane creek bearings are a direct replacement. Order up a set and swap them out before it ruins your week.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by keithrad View Post
    I failed to thank you for this review ride the biscuit! I've read through it a few times and am stoked to try one out! What are your local trails like? Also what is your size / height, and what size frame are you on?
    I know I'm really late looking back on this, but it seems like there were other requests for reviews.

I'm 5 10 and on a medium. Short stem and about 1.5" rise on my bars (I know I'm in the minority but riser bars are the shit). Most comfortable bike I've had - definitely put in the longest saddle days of my riding career on it. I'll try and post a pic sometime.

I have mostly techy trail riding - Upstate SC and Western NC. I went with it versus something with 130-140 rear travel because Paris Mountain State Park is my local trail system, which is perfect for the Django. Lots of punchy ups and short but fast sprinty DH sections, turns, roots...moderately techy East Coast xc.

It does really well in Pisgah, too, where I would have gone with a bike with more travel if those were my local trails. Suspension is very active which is great for technical riding. Also, took it on a trip to Sedona, where it was perfect.

It's pretty rare to get into a situation I truly feel under gunned but I'm not taking it to bike parks. Jumping and hucking, it's great - the frame is strong enough for whatever and the handling is so good it's really easy to get it right where you want it. You need a really steep and chunky trail to find the edge of it's comfort zone.

Lastly I will say I kept mine at 130. I've messed with overforking bikes in the past, and Devinci bikes do lend themselves well to it since they tend to have low BB. However, I don't think it is worth the trade off to mess with the geo on this bike. With its intended geo, it is by far the most well balanced bike Ive had or ridden.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Has anyone measured the *actual* seat tube angle? If so, would you mind posting? Looks like it might be fairly slack, but always hard to tell from pictures

American Made!

Awesome! Coming off a Smuggler, which I love(d), and didn't want to wait until end of this year for a possible carbon Smuggler....

This bike climbs so well, I am impressed! The descending I expected to be dialed and it didn't disappoint one bit but I will say the "giddy up" suspension felt a wee bit deeper when it got rough but my no means a deal breaker.

Regardless I am happy I went with Devinci, the split pivot is firm on the up and fun on the way down.

I have 7 solid rides on it now and have left it in the "low" position but did flip the chip to the "high" position today so I will see if I can feel the difference in the next few rides.

Great bike!

What is thy bidding, my master.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubas View Post
    Has anyone measured the *actual* seat tube angle? If so, would you mind posting? Looks like it might be fairly slack, but always hard to tell from pictures
    The seat tube angle will have no effect on how a bike handles. Your saddle fore/aft position is relative to your bottom bracket. The seat tube can be any squiggly line between the bottom bracket and saddle.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    The seat tube angle will have no effect on how a bike handles. Your saddle fore/aft position is relative to your bottom bracket. The seat tube can be any squiggly line between the bottom bracket and saddle.
    Not quite true sadly. Actual STA is a critical measure for those of us with proportionally long legs. If the STA is too slack, the saddle can't be pushed forward enough and weight is too far rearward

mtbr member
    Not quite true sadly. Actual STA is a critical measure for those of us with proportionally long legs. If the STA is too slack, the saddle can't be pushed forward enough and weight is too far rearward
    My apologies. I made the assumption you were asking about seat tube angle and handling without considering fit. Having the seat positioned correctly relative to the bottom bracket is a must.

With the Devinci and the slack number on the seat tube angle, you need to consider that it has a curved seat tube. If you draw a straight line from the seatpost to the frame you would see that it would intersect in front of the bottom bracket. Makes it difficult to compare bike geometries.

If you give me the height from the center of the bottombracket to the saddle rails at the center of the seatpost, I can set up a Django to have the same height and then drop a plumb to the bb to measure the fore/aft position so you can compare.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    My apologies. I made the assumption you were asking about seat tube angle and handling without considering fit. Having the seat positioned correctly relative to the bottom bracket is a must.

With the Devinci and the slack number on the seat tube angle, you need to consider that it has a curved seat tube. If you draw a straight line from the seatpost to the frame you would see that it would intersect in front of the bottom bracket. Makes it difficult to compare bike geometries.

If you give me the height from the center of the bottombracket to the saddle rails at the center of the seatpost, I can set up a Django to have the same height and then drop a plumb to the bb to measure the fore/aft position so you can compare.
    Appreciate the support! Having said that, it might be easier to just measure the actual STA as I know many other (tall) people look for the data point. There are a couple of apps for Android/Iphone which can do so.. would you mind checking with one? Appreciate that it's a bit of a hassle!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Hey Velorangutan,

Have you weighed any of the carbon frames? I've seen different numbers for a large, ranging from 6.25 - 6.75 lbs. I have an Atlas carbon from that is ~6 lbs, and was put off when I saw 6.75 for the Django. If it was closer to 6.25 it would seem much more reasonable. I already feel that the Atlas is pretty burly for my type of riding.

Thanks,
    Ted

mtbr member
    Just weighed a large Black/White with shock and headset cups (no rear axle, seat collar) at 6.5lbs.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Thanks for the info, Dogboy. I wish it was a little lighter. I'd be interested in a comparison with something like the Intense Primer, which has a frame weight closer to 6 lbs (5.93 according to this link: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/intens...29-review.html)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TedS123 View Post
    Thanks for the info, Dogboy. I wish it was a little lighter. I'd be interested in a comparison with something like the Intense Primer, which has a frame weight closer to 6 lbs (5.93 according to this link: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/intens...29-review.html)
    The weight difference between those 2 frames is pretty much down to the aluminum chainstays on the Django and the full carbon rear triangle on the Primer. It's a difference that you likely wouldn't even feel in reality and I know that I would choose the Django for stiffness and durability. Both great bikes for sure though!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I ordered a 7.5x2" stroke shock and a 2mm offset bushing for mine. Should bump the travel to 135mm or more. Stay tuned....

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by cookerq View Post
    Fit on the Fuel Ex vs. Django is VERY different. The shock leverage ratios are polar opposites as well.
    Please expand on the differences in fit.

I know these are very different bikes but I'm interested in both and am having a hard time wrapping my mind around the different geometries. I've have a parking lot ride on a 17.5 Fuel Ex and am not sure how I feel about the fit. I'm 5'6" and in between small and medium on the django 29. I'd be interested in real world geometry comparisons.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I own a Large Django and demo'd a 19.5 Fuel EX. The Fuel EX felt like I was too far off the back of the bike. It's weird because the geo numbers for the Fuel EX so close to the Django.

My guess it has something to do with the actual seat tube angle/bb offset between these two bikes. I think the Trek is a bit slacker so if you're at the upper end of the fit you end up with a slacker effective seat tube. The Atlas and old Troy were this way.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Anyone trust the devinci geo numbers? I'm seeing different numbers depending where I look.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by deserat View Post
    Anyone trust the devinci geo numbers? I'm seeing different numbers depending where I look.
    In my experience they are very accurate. Post up where you are seeing different numbers.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Anyone have a tune i.d. from the Fox Factory rear shock?

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy View Post
    In my experience they are very accurate. Post up where you are seeing different numbers.
    I'm mostly seeing discrepancies between what devinci has on their website (what length fork are these numbers for?) and what dealers have on their websites.

mtbr member
    I'm mostly seeing discrepancies between what devinci has on their website (what length fork are these numbers for?) and what dealers have on their websites.
    Every model they offer is built with a 130mm Fox Float 34 fork, so you can safely assume that's what fork length (537mm) the geo is based on.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy View Post
    Every model they offer is built with a 130mm Fox Float 34 fork, so you can safely assume that's what fork length (537mm) the geo is based on.
    That makes sense. I should have picked up on that.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    C9fx fox tune

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    anyone have a tune i.d. From the fox factory rear shock?
    c9fx on mine too

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Mounted a Cane Creek DB Inline air 7.5x2.0 with a 2mm Burgtec offset bushing on the bottom and a RWC needle bearing kit up top. The shock will fit without an offset bushing but it's TIGHT both at the chainstay-BB and the air can-seattube with the Geo in the lkw position. High position the chainstays hit the bottom bracket. Riding without the offset bushing the bike is great on techy climbs but that's the only benefit. With the offet bushing it's a better bike all around. I only have 40mi so far with the new shock and 12 with the offset bushing installed.

Based on 140mm Fox 36 and 2.3 Maxxis tires with no offset bushing it gets 16 mm more travel all at the top end of the stroke and 344mm bb height. This set up is risky and doesn't offer enough benefits over ths stock setup.

Adding a 2mm offset bushing yeilds 15mm more travel; 6mm on the bottom 9mm up top with a 340mm bb height. Climbing, descending, and cornering all improve. I can't think of a reason the bike didn't come like this other than Devinci wanting to hit the 120mm mark. I could see this setup with a budget 34 overwhelming the fork.
    Last edited by cookerq; 06-25-2017 at 11:33 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by paris View Post
    C9fx fox tune

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Mounted a Cane Creek DB Inline 7.5x2.0 with a 2mm Burgtec offset bushing on the bottom and a RWC needle bearing kit up top. The shock will fit without an offset bushing but it's TIGHT both at the chainstay-BB and the air can-seattube with the Geo in the lkw position. High position the chainstays hit the bottom bracket. Riding without the offset bushing the bike is great on techy climbs but that's the only benefit. With the offet bushing it's a better bike all around. I only have 40mi so far with the new shock and 12 with the offset bushing installed.

Based on 140mm Fox 36 and 2.3 Maxxis tires with no offset bushing it gets 16 mm more travel all at the top end of the stroke and 344mm bb height. This set up is risky and doesn't offer enough benefits over ths stock setup.

Adding a 2mm offset bushing yeilds 15mm more travel; 6mm on the bottom 9mm up top with a 340mm bb height. Climbing, descending, and cornering all improve. I can't think of a reason the bike didn't come like this other than Devinci wanting to hit the 120mm mark. I could see this setup with a budget 34 overwhelming the fork.

Interesting....I've been wondering if CC DB Inline Coil would fit. This bike seems like a good candidate for a coil. And, I think the addition of the needle bearings is a great idea regardless. I assume you went with a 15mm eye to accommodate the needle bearings? Now I need to find a black frame in size small somewhere that's not sold out.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    RWC needle bearings fit in the standard eye so you could run them on the stock shock. It's a must have upgrade. I was cleaning and greasing the top bushing almost every week. It gets sticky and feels like adding a bunch of damping. Devinci has pics of their enduro athletes running trunion mount metric shocks on the Django. Maybe we'll see a change for 2018.

Try EVO they had a half dozen Djangos in stock at the Denver store

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Here's my large black frame build:

Fox Factory 130 with Kabolt from the other Fox StepCast (looking into rear bolt, does Ibis fit?)
    30mm inner width Chinese carbon rims with Sapim spokes on DT350 rear and BikeHubStore front (149 grams)
    Race Face G4, 34 ring cinch bb
    Fox Transfer dropper with Wolf Tooth remote, Bontrager Evoke saddle
    XTR shifter, SLX7000 rear derailleur, XTR brakes (180 F/160R)
    Performance Bike Clutch carbon 780 bar with Clutch stem (have box of stems to play with), ESI grips
    9-46 cassette, SRAM chain
    Tires vary but usually Maxxis EXO rear and non-EXO front
    All housing is Shimano PF41

Plan to do cookerq's mod!

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    RWC needle bearings fit in the standard eye so you could run them on the stock shock. It's a must have upgrade. I was cleaning and greasing the top bushing almost every week. It gets sticky and feels like adding a bunch of damping. Devinci has pics of their enduro athletes running trunion mount metric shocks on the Django. Maybe we'll see a change for 2018.

Try EVO they had a half dozen Djangos in stock at the Denver store
    PM sent with a couple questions.

EVO doesn't have any frames. Just built bikes. At least that's what the guy I just talked to says.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017

Django 29

Mounted a Cane Creek DB Inline air 7.5x2.0 with a 2mm Burgtec offset bushing on the bottom and a RWC needle bearing kit up top. The shock will fit without an offset bushing but it's TIGHT both at the chainstay-BB and the air can-seattube with the Geo in the lkw position. High position the chainstays hit the bottom bracket. Riding without the offset bushing the bike is great on techy climbs but that's the only benefit. With the offet bushing it's a better bike all around. I only have 40mi so far with the new shock and 12 with the offset bushing installed.

This sounds good I'm really interested in how it works with the shock upgrade and what sort of head angle it ended up with. It sounds like it will stay Similar geo to when it came stock in the high setting? Do you think A fox 7.5 x 2.0 dps float would fit with just a 2mm offset spacer? I have fox 34s at 140 and would like to try this if the geo isn't too strange

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by danK View Post
    Here's my large black frame build:

9-46 cassette, SRAM chain

Plan to do cookerq's mod!
    What 9-46 cassette are you using? Have a pic of the build?

I've had the Evil Following for a couple years now and I'm interested in the Django and the Norco Sight 29 for possible replacements. I was looking for a bit more travel than 120mm so the mod is pretty interesting to me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Alright, I'm getting parts together. I have a frame showing up tomorrow, a shock being delivered today, and RWC bearings and offset bushing on the way. I'm going to try the DB Inline Coil and see how it works out. I'm also going to give the MRP Ribbon a shot. It'll be a few weeks to get it all together, but I'll post specs, pics, and opinion when I get a chance. Thanks to cookerq for the part numbers and help. I'd also be interested in any ideas for a maxle or hexle or other through bolt for the rear. Anyone know what thread pitch Devinci uses on this thing?

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Here's a bolt on through axle for the Django

https://www.fanatikbike.com/collecti...jango-marshall

I still don't know what the standard is if someone wanted to use a different through axle. Sent an email to Devinci inquiring.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Here's a bolt on through axle for the Django

https://www.fanatikbike.com/collecti...jango-marshall

I still don't know what the standard is if someone wanted to use a different through axle. Sent an email to Devinci inquiring.
    Good find! Wondering what weight diff is.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Alright, I'm getting parts together. I have a frame showing up tomorrow, a shock being delivered today, and RWC bearings and offset bushing on the way. I'm going to try the DB Inline Coil and see how it works out. I'm also going to give the MRP Ribbon a shot. It'll be a few weeks to get it all together, but I'll post specs, pics, and opinion when I get a chance. Thanks to cookerq for the part numbers and help. I'd also be interested in any ideas for a maxle or hexle or other through bolt for the rear. Anyone know what thread pitch Devinci uses on this thing?
    Run it with the stock shock as well. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the difference between the two travel lengths and air vs. coil.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    This was already asked in the first page (one year ago now) but there was no replies so I'm asking again, also because this is something of a VITAL importance for this frame:

Anybody knows if the Rock Guardz for the Troy 2016 Carbon is compatible with the Django 29 (Carbon, of course)?
    Link to the Rock Guardz page:
    https://www.rockguardz.com/rockguard...troy-2016.html

Senatorsrule65 posted a picture of a non-production Django 29 with something that looked exactly like a Rock Guardz.
    Link: 2017 Devinci Django 29er- Mtbr.com

Since there's absolutely no protection on the downtube (why DeVinci, WHY??) the solution from Rock Guardz seems robust enough, and much better than the other slim adesive stripes from other brands.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelcamo View Post
    This was already asked in the first page (one year ago now) but there was no replies so I'm asking again, also because this is something of a VITAL importance for this frame:

Anybody knows if the Rock Guardz for the Troy 2016 Carbon is compatible with the Django 29 (Carbon, of course)?
    Link to the Rock Guardz page:
    https://www.rockguardz.com/rockguard...troy-2016.html

Senatorsrule65 posted a picture of a non-production Django 29 with something that looked exactly like a Rock Guardz.
    Link: 2017 Devinci Django 29er- Mtbr.com

Since there's absolutely no protection on the downtube (why DeVinci, WHY??) the solution from Rock Guardz seems robust enough, and much better than the other slim adesive stripes from other brands.
    The downtube shape on the Troy and Django is very different, so I doubt it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Ok thanks. Rock guardz basically confirmed this replying to an email I sent them.

So what do you do to protect the downtube? The plastic protection of my Stumpjumper Carbon saved me from some serious damages. It had scratches and even a crack, but the tube was left untouched.

American Made!
    Ok thanks. Rock guardz basically confirmed this replying to an email I sent them.

So what do you do to protect the downtube? The plastic protection of my Stumpjumper Carbon saved me from some serious damages. It had scratches and even a crack, but the tube was left untouched.
    I use a double layer of clear racer tape.
    Did 4 days in Utah, brian head and Bryce Canyon area, 3 weeks ago and the tape deflected many many rocks.
    So far so good.

What is thy bidding, my master.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    So what do you do to protect the downtube?
    I used shelter tape on mine. The shops here in the Denver area use it on their demo bikes and the look brand new when they pull it off. It works well, my downtube has taken a few shots with zero damage.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Is "racer" tape and "shelter" tape the same thing? I use heli tape (another name for the same thing?) on common wear points on my frames and will be using it on the down tube of the Django. I'm disappointed in Devinci's lack of protection on this frame also. My frame showed up today and like mentioned, has no down tube protection whatsoever. And the only chain stay protection it has is some "leather" stickers that I have to put on myself. WTF Devinci?! This is lame.

On another note, I haven't heard back from Devinci on the rear axle standard, but since it's a DT Swiss axle, I'm guessing its 12x1.0. A google search says that DT Swiss, Syntace, and Specialized use this standard. I'm not sure why Devinci uses the DT Swiss axle that sticks out but then sells a bolt on axle that you can buy seperately. I would prefer the bolt on axle to come standard.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Is "racer" tape and "shelter" tape the same thing?
    Shelter tape is different. It's designed for impacts where as Heli tape is for abrasion. It's heavier and thicker than most down tube protectors.

The frame protection, headset bearings, lower shock mount pocket, and seat clamp suck.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    The frame protection, headset bearings, lower shock mount pocket, and seat clamp suck.
    Kinda funny, now that I have the frame in my hands and I'm noticing this stuff. I have 110 series bearings on the way, a bolt on axle on the way, frame protection on the way, and will be using my 9point8 seat post clamp anyway. I do appreciate the fact that these frames are about $500 less than most others, but by the time I cover the basics, I'll be to $3k anyway. And, you're right, what the crap is up with that lower mud bowl that the bottom of the shock is hanging out in? Hopefully it rides great and I can forget about all this stuff.

shelter tape: Shelter Off-Road Adhesive > Accessories > Bicycle Protection > Misc. Bike Protection | Jenson USA

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    This came in the bag of stuff with the frame. Any idea what it's for?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    This came in the bag of stuff with the frame. Any idea what it's for?

http://forums.mtbr.com/devinci/djang...e-1049106.html

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Thanks for googling that for me. This frame is full of surprises.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Shelter tape is different. It's designed for impacts where as Heli tape is for abrasion. It's heavier and thicker than most down tube protectors.

How does the seat clamp suck? Posts always loose no matter proper torque?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Kinda funny, now that I have the frame in my hands and I'm noticing this stuff. I have 110 series bearings on the way, a bolt on axle on the way, frame protection on the way, and will be using my 9point8 seat post clamp anyway. I do appreciate the fact that these frames are about $500 less than most others, but by the time I cover the basics, I'll be to $3k anyway. And, you're right, what the crap is up with that lower mud bowl that the bottom of the shock is hanging out in? Hopefully it rides great and I can forget about all this stuff.

shelter tape: Shelter Off-Road Adhesive > Accessories > Bicycle Protection > Misc. Bike Protection | Jenson USA
    Thanks for the shelter tape link. My LBS sold the django frame new in box for $2000 which was a major selling point even though I found new Ripleys for $2150 - $2350. The Ibis geometry was way too short otherwise I would've went with my favorite DW Link and paid more.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Folks have been asking me about the shock hardware. The offset bushing I have is on the bottom to push the shock lower into the frame to lower the bottom bracket. You could run two offset bushings and I may try it. The offset bushing up top worries me as there is more rotation up there but Burgtec does use a low friction bushing.

Burgtec
    (7061 19 x 8.1mm)
    Item# 7060

RWC
    Shim Kit 8x15x0.5 SS
    NBKRWC4115GD******** RWC Shock NB Kit, 41.15mm

The stock hardware is 42mm so you need a shim kit for the bearing. It's a tight fit.

Rode Kenosha to Georgia Pass and back this morning. It's classic tight single track with lots of roots, rocks, and some open meadows. It's not the gnarliest trail but I haven't ridden it so it was a somewhat blind descent. The bike rips, it stays higher in it's travel through rough sections and has more grip than when it had the stock shock. Before swapping out the shock I was struggling with keeping the front end hooked up. It's much more balanced grip wise with this setup.

2017 Devinci Django 29er-django.jpg2017 Devinci Django 29er-me-n-django.jpg

Check out this build from one of Devinci's sales reps. Behind the Build: Matthew Slaven’s Custom Devinci Django 29er | evo Culture, Community, Cause

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    The Ibis geometry was way too short otherwise I would've went with my favorite DW Link and paid more.
    I demo'd a Ripley and found the BB was too low and the rear was flexy. Rear end flex is also what turned me off from the SB5.5. The bike felt like it was going to snap in half. The SB6 and SB 4.5 felt rock solid though.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    For chainrings, I was able to fit a Raceface direct mount 32t chainring and crankset in non boost. It's tight but the chainline is much better than the boost chainring setup. Boost 32t oval One-Up direct mount Raceface chainrings will not fit.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    I have 110 series bearings on the way, a bolt on axle on the way, frame protection on the way, and will be using my 9point8 seat post clamp anyway.
    Speaking of the rear axle.
    The design of the DT-Swiss Axle on the rear is horrible. It's like a giant hook waiting to grab branches and plants. And with Boost spacing is even more dramatic.
    I don't understand why we still have tool-less axles, when a multitool is the most basic item every rider should bring everytime. Is this because a bolt-on axle is harder to tighten at the right torque?
    Anyway, what standard of bolt on axle should I look for? I looked up and from what I found it's a thru axle (Boost of course), but it's not E-Thru or Maxle compatible right?

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    The design of the DT-Swiss Axle on the rear is horrible. It's like a giant hook waiting to grab branches and plants. And with Boost spacing is even more dramatic.
    I don't understand why we still have tool-less axles, when a multitool is the most basic item every rider should bring everytime. Is this because a bolt-on axle is harder to tighten on the right torque?
    Anyway, what standard of bolt on axle should I look for? I looked up and from what I found it's a thru axle (Boost of course), but it's not E-Thru or Maxle compatible right?
    I've got a dt Swiss through axel on mine and have had no problems.

mtbr member
    I don't understand why we still have tool-less axles, when a multitool is the most basic item every rider should bring everytime. Is this because a bolt-on axle is harder to tighten at the right torque?
    The two things that are important are thread pitch and axle length - from the shoulder of the head to the end of the threads. I'd just go for the Devinci bolt-on axle linked earlier in this discussion.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Folks have been asking me about the shock hardware. The offset bushing I have is on the bottom to push the shock lower into the frame to lower the bottom bracket. You could run two offset bushings and I may try it. The offset bushing up top worries me as there is more rotation up there but Burgtec does use a low friction bushing.

Burgtec
    (7061 19 x 8.1mm)
    Item# 7060

RWC
    Shim Kit 8x15x0.5 SS
    NBKRWC4115GD******** RWC Shock NB Kit, 41.15mm

The stock hardware is 42mm so you need a shim kit for the bearing. It's a tight fit.[/url]
    Those m8x19 bushing have disappeared from availability. Hopefully mine is crossing the Atlantic somewhere and will show up soon.

Otherwise, I'll be completing my build today if I have time to finish up the wheels. Maybe get an evening ride in. Gonna see if I can get this MRP ribbon tuned before fussing with the coil.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    EDIT:
    Ok I found the weight of the AR24 set online and it's 2100g. Plus I got a NX full steel cassette instead of the GX one.
    Last edited by pixelcamo; 09-02-2017 at 10:40 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Looking into buying a Django 29. Does the aluminum frame have a pressfit bottom bracket just like the carbon frame?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtDogVT View Post
    Looking into buying a Django 29. Does the aluminum frame have a pressfit bottom bracket just like the carbon frame?
    yep

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I have right around 100 miles on my Django 29er GX alloy. I'm loving the bike, but I want to try it at 140 and maybe even 150 up front. What is involved to set it to 140 and has anyone tried it at 150? Thanks.

I keep hoping the next bike they'll come out with is a Troy 29er...

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by aflax View Post
    I have right around 100 miles on my Django 29er GX alloy. I'm loving the bike, but I want to try it at 140 and maybe even 150 up front. What is involved to set it to 140 and has anyone tried it at 150? Thanks.

If it's the fox 34 you'll need the appropriate air shaft assembly (about $40) and the ability to do it yourself or the willingness to pay a shop. It also involves fork oil and fox says you need to replace a crush washer and seals, if I remember correctly. I reuse the washer and seals if I don't have too many miles. They have instructions online.

I didn't care for the bike at 140 personally. Too much stack already. Plus I like a steep seat tube. 150 seems unnecessary.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by aflax View Post

As deserat wrote you need a new shaft. Should be this one:
    820-02-364-KIT Service Set: Air Shaft Assy, 34, 140mm, FLOAT NA 2, 1.214" Bore
    https://www.ridefox.com/help.php?m=bike&id=615

140mm should be perfectly safe, because the Django can also be used with a specific 10mm spacer behind the headset to make a slacker angle. 150 it's probably a little too much and BTW, the maximum you can set this fork is 140mm.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    For chainrings, I was able to fit a Raceface direct mount 32t chainring and crankset in non boost. It's tight but the chainline is much better than the boost chainring setup. Boost 32t oval One-Up direct mount Raceface chainrings will not fit.
    What chainline do you have with this set up?
    I wonder if I could fit a non boost SLX crankset with 30t chainring

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyMTB.fr View Post
    What chainline do you have with this set up?
    I wonder if I could fit a non boost SLX crankset with 30t chainring
    It's a non boost, I don't know the chainline. 32 on an SLX will likely fit. 30 may hit the chainstay or shifter cable as its offset

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    It's a non boost, I don't know the chainline. 32 on an SLX will likely fit. 30 may hit the chainstay or shifter cable as its offset
    Thanks!
    30t is offset on the old SLX with 104mm BCD but I am pretty sure it is not offset on the newer SLX / XT with 94mm BCD

mtbr member
    Appreciate the support! Having said that, it might be easier to just measure the actual STA as I know many other (tall) people look for the data point. There are a couple of apps for Android/Iphone which can do so.. would you mind checking with one? Appreciate that it's a bit of a hassle!
    Just measured mine using "carpenter" app on the iphone. XL Carbon GX, 130 mm stock fork, flip chip in high position. Seat height is 81,5 cm from the center of the bb to the top of the seat and the saddle is horizontally in the middle of the rails. Actual STA at that seat height is 74.7 degrees.
    HTA is 68 degrees. Mind you, the HTA is supposed to be 68.5 degrees in high position so I'm not sure how accurate my measurements are.
    But I hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Just measured mine using "carpenter" app on the iphone. XL Carbon GX, 130 mm stock fork, flip chip in high position. Seat height is 81,5 cm from the center of the bb to the top of the seat and the saddle is horizontally in the middle of the rails. Actual STA at that seat height is 74.7 degrees.
    HTA is 68 degrees. Mind you, the HTA is supposed to be 68.5 degrees in high position so I'm not sure how accurate my measurements are.
    But I hope this helps.

Excellent - thanks very much for the input. Seems like the actual STA is still quite steep!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I just ordered a Django XT/SLX from evo... I was between it and a Tallboy 3. Decided to try something different; the bike is replacing a Santa Cruz Blur LT, which has been sitting in my basement since I built a 29+ wheelset for my fatbike. It was a little tough to make the decision to buy without being able to ride it, but we only have the biggish brands available at the local bike shops. I wanted to say thanks for the contributions to this post, and I look forward to receiving the bike. I'll post up some pics once it arrives.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Thanks!
    30t is offset on the old SLX with 104mm BCD but I am pretty sure it is not offset on the newer SLX / XT with 94mm BCD
    I tried first with a snaggeltooth 30t ring which is offset 3mm on a non boost Slx m7000 crankset, it did rub against the derailleur cable.
    I now have a round 30t oneup which works just fine.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    2018 Django 29ers are online, check out Devinci's site:
    DEVINCI

2018 models are split to 130 forked and 140 forked bikes, longer fork -> wider rims. No big changes other than EVOL forks on some models and new colors. The black/white will carry on from last year. Really like the new yellow.

That said, just ordered a 2017 carbon GX, two weeks ago...

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Frame prices went up slightly, too. Thought they'd go trunnion or full carbon rear end. As a recent frame buyer I'm glad it's basically unchanged.....including the website's many typos.

The geometry did not change even with the 140mm fork models.
    Last edited by westin; 09-09-2017 at 04:51 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    After 2 weeks on the Django, I am happy with it, it is really nimble and fun to ride
    Nevertheless I struggle with the rebound on the float dps... what setting did you end up with? I am around 165lbs and run 160psi with a rather large homemade spacer. According to Fox I should have 4 clicks of rebound from fully open but ended up with 4 clicks from closed! ? There are 13 clicks available

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    After 2 weeks on the Django, I am happy with it, it is really nimble and fun to ride
    Nevertheless I struggle with the rebound on the float dps... what setting did you end up with? I am around 165lbs and run 160psi with a rather large homemade spacer. According to Fox I should have 4 clicks of rebound from fully open but ended up with 4 clicks from closed! ? There are 13 clicks available
    160 pounds, 30% sag psi is about 168psi. And 25% sag is 175psi on my Fox shock pump.
    Rebound about 4 or 5 turns out from fully open.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Two questions:

Anyone know what the fork offset these built bikes are coming with?

Also, any idea on the stem length?

Thanks,

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Two questions:

Anyone know what the fork offset these built bikes are coming with?

Also, any idea on the stem length?

Thanks,
    51mm offset
    50mm stem, but I think some have 60mm.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    The Django is a bike I'm intrigued by and curious where people think the limits to this bike are. I ride in the PNW and have a Norco Range for park and days when I want to ride trails at race pace, but am looking for something for more everyday riding that isn't such a tank on the climbs. Would you feel comfortable on the Django doing everything from XC style riding to DH trails with no drops over say 5ish feet with a transition at a casual pace? I'd love to demo, but I'm not sure I can get more than a parking lot ride on this bike. Also considering things like the Canfield Riot, Ibis Ripley LS and Mojo 3.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by HotDishman View Post
    The Django is a bike I'm intrigued by and curious where people think the limits to this bike are. I ride in the PNW and have a Norco Range for park and days when I want to ride trails at race pace, but am looking for something for more everyday riding that isn't such a tank on the climbs. Would you feel comfortable on the Django doing everything from XC style riding to DH trails with no drops over say 5ish feet with a transition at a casual pace? I'd love to demo, but I'm not sure I can get more than a parking lot ride on this bike. Also considering things like the Canfield Riot, Ibis Ripley LS and Mojo 3.
    Definitely! I'm not saying the other bikes you listed are better or worse. Interesting read for you: https://culture.evo.com/2017/04/behi...i-django-29er/

mtbr member
    51mm offset
    50mm stem, but I think some have 60mm.
    No, the recommended fork offset is 44 mm. This is what I was told by the Devinci customer service.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    160 pounds, 30% sag psi is about 168psi. And 25% sag is 175psi on my Fox shock pump.
    Rebound about 4 or 5 turns out from fully open.
    Thanks for the feedback 👍
    I guess you mean click and not turn 😉
    I will give a try to the recommended settings

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    No, the recommended fork offset is 44 mm. This is what I was told by the Devinci customer service.
    For a 29er? None of the articles/reviews about the Django mention that

mtbr member
    For a 29er? None of the articles/reviews about the Django mention that
    Yes, for a 29er. And my stock fork on the GX build has the same offset.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Yes, for a 29er. And my stock fork on the GX build has the same offset.

OK thanks.
    Then it is a pity that it is not mentioned on the website for people buying a frame kit...

mtbr member
    Nov 2015

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead!

OK thanks.
    Then it is a pity that it is not mentioned on the website for people buying a frame kit...
    Very strange,
    I asked Customer service the same question for a 130 mm fork in may and the answer was 51 mm offset.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by redd66 View Post
    Very strange,
    I asked Customer service the same question for a 130 mm fork in may and the answer was 51 mm offset.
    Me too. During my bike build I asked and they said 51mm is spot-on. So I purchased a 130 Fox Factory in 51 offset. Bike handles so neutral in both chip settings and 25 to 30 percent sag.

mtbr member

2017 Devinci Django 29er

^^I got the reply in November -16, I still have the mail. However, I don't think it's too big of a deal. I should imagine both offsets are fine.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    No no no!!!
    2018 is coming, wheelsize is no longer a big deal but offset is. Choose your offset and be a prick about it!

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by HotDishman View Post
    Based on my experience I would say the Django 29 would meet those requirements. I would personally choose it over the other three listed option, though I've never been on the riot.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016

Devinci is ridiculous. This seems like pretty standard back and forth from them with different people getting different answers to simple questions. Dealing with them has really been the biggest bummer of this bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    dude are you kidding? they're French Canadian, what do you want? accuracy, details? prompt and friendly customer service? man you are so dealing with the wrong culture, some gall you've got!

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by cunningstunts View Post
    dude are you kidding? they're French Canadian, what do you want? accuracy, details? prompt and friendly customer service? man you are so dealing with the wrong culture, some gall you've got!
    Yeah, I have unrealistic expectations, I guess.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Well, after six days Evo finally shipped the bike, a snowstorm delayed UPS a few days, so I finally received the bike Wednesday. Of course we had plans that evening, but I managed to get it put together and setup the wheels tubeless. FYI, the XT/SLX Aeffect SL wheelset comes taped and includes stems.

After work yesterday, I got the suspension sag setup and threw it in the truck to head out to our local trails. They are your typical midwest stuff... clay soil, not many rocks, but lots of roots in the pine sections. They were still clear a week ago, but when I got to the trailhead a couple guys were coming out and said that the trails were covered in pine needles and kind of slick from recent rains.

I couldn't push it as hard as I'd have liked to, but that's probably for the best on the new rig. I've been riding 29+ all summer and it was definitely a change going back to normal MTB tires. I did have more pedal strikes than I'm used to, so before I head out again it's going up into the high setting. Other than that it was just fun to be out on the new bike. I really like the way it pedals and can't wait to get out and ride it again.

Anyone have a waterbottle cage that they like for this bike? I'm not a huge fan of side entry cages, but it seems like that might appropriate here.

2017 Devinci Django 29er-django.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    How much sag do you have to get pedal strikes?

I run 30% sag at the rear with 20-ish% at the front with a 140mm fork and a -1degree angleset wich doesn't give me enough pedal strikes to worry about. It does happen but it's mostly because of bad timing from my side...

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I was running the rear at about 25% and 20% front... I weigh 175ish and had about 185psi rear and 78psi front if I remember correctly. Both the fork and shock running open. The pedal strikes were all in very rooty sections of trail and the roots were covered in pine needles (see pic above), so it could very well be that I wouldn't have the issue if I could have seen the obstacles. One particular strike when I was leaned over pedaling out of a corner spun the bike about 90 degrees and almost knocked me down. That's the one that convinced me I need to try the high setting, at least for this time of year.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    My new (2017 GX carbon model) bike has arrived and will assemble it myself on Monday.

I've read that some of you didn't like the stock headset bearings, shock hardware, rear axle, frame protection (under downtube) and seat clamp.

How about chainstay protection? Do you get a lot of chain slap without protection and how have you solved it?
    Last edited by _tarzan; 01-14-2018 at 12:42 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    I built up a frame so can only comment on that.

It did not come with any down tube protection. So you're on your own to figure out how to protect your brand new frame.

It does come with chain stay protection that you will need to attach yourself. It's some sticky, foamy stuff. I guess it works fine. Though mine has started to peel back in a few places, so I don't expect it to be there long term.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by _tarzan View Post
    My new (2017 GX carbon model) bike has arrived and will assemble it myself on Monday.

I've read that some of you didn't like the stock headset bearings, shock hardware, rear axle, frame protection (under downtube) and seat clamp.

How about chainstay protection? Do you get a lot of chain slap without protection and how have you solved it?

Stock brakes (SRAM Level TL), are they any good? I have guides on my existing bike (or Shimano XT on another) and think I'll swap brakes anyway but have you been happy with the Levels? Easier to service pistons on Levels than on a 4-caliper brake for sure but otherwise I assume Guides are better...
    3 out of 4 of my SRAM brakes were warranteed this summer- I went back to shimano and sold the warranteed level and guides on Kijiji.

The other stuff you mentioned isn't an issue on my Troy or wife's Django

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    So i want to take this opportunity to thank Wes over at Velorangutan for his help in getting me a medium Django frame in the blue/orange. It arrived today, UPS managed to not mangle it, and it's just beautiful can't wait to get it built up.

I demo'ed one of these over the weekend a couple weeks ago, and decided yeah, I was gonna get one. Did everything better than my current Rip 9. The shop I demoed from said they hadn't been able to get the blue/orange frame since like June, but that was ok, I was good with waiting until spring and getting one of the yellow 2018 frames, even though the blue was my first choice. Give me some time to sock away some cash, at least.

I had been Googling Django for a while, trying to get all the info I could on it, but just kept getting the same old sites. Decided to do a Bing search, and got hits to a lot of online retailers that Google hadn't given me, so I went searching. All they had in stock were the black and white frames. Until I hit the Velorangutan site, and it showed both medium and large complete bikes available. I debated whether I wanted to spend the money for a complete bike, and try to recoup my costs by selling off stuff, then thought, nah, they're probably out of stock anyway, so I went to bed.

The next day I decided I might as well email to ask about them, and Wes got back that he had two medium frames in stock, and was I looking for frame, or needed a build kit as well. I said frame only, he double checked to make sure they were indeed mediums, gave me a decent price for the frameset, and I went ahead and bought it. And here it is.

2017 Devinci Django 29er-img_0320.jpg2017 Devinci Django 29er-img_0321.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Congrats on the new bike rufus! Been riding mine for several weeks now and couldn't be happier with it. Any details on how you plan to build it up?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Like I said, most everything is moving over from my Rip. A 140 Pike RCT, lots of stuff from Hope(brakes, crank, stem, pedals), XT components(shifter, rear derailleur, cassette) front wheel(Hope Pro 2 hub/Stan's Arch/Nobby Nic), King Inset 2 headset.

Needed a new boost rear wheel, so Hope Pro4/Stans Arch is coming tomorrow. Racing Ralph for now, but will probably go to something beefier.

New KS Lev Integra dropper.

Wanted to go with a wider bar like on the Django I demoed, so bought a Deity 787, and some new ODI Rogue lock-on grips.

New Hope press fit 41 bottom bracket.

Lots of Shelter tape.

Hopefully should have the build done this week. Won't be the lightest build, but should definitely be strong and solid.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014

Project almost done..

2017 Devinci Django 29er-img_3979.jpg

From the build kit, I used only frame and fork. Then I added some stuff I already had and some new stuff...

Wheels: Mavic XA Pro Carbon
    Tires: Specialized Captain ctrl + Specialized Ground Contrl ctrl
    Seatpost: Marzocchi Transfer + KS Southpaw
    Saddle: My old and trusted WTB Devo Carbon
    Brakes: SRAM Guide R + Shimano Ice-tech rotors 180/160 f/r
    Cranks: SRAM GX 1400 170mm 30t
    Bashguard (added after picture): Funn zippa lite
    Cassette: SRAM 1195 10-42
    Derailleur: SRAM GX
    Trigger: SRAM X1
    Handlebar: RaceFace Next 760mm
    Stem: Raceface Aeffect 50mm

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Still needs some frame protection, cutting steerer some more, ODI grips with grey lockrings, stans tubeless tape instead of the stock Mavic (will go tubeless after winter so no hurry), maybe those RWC needle bearings for shock but it is rideable as is.

Feels like there's some extra stack height, maybe need to go with lower-rise bar but don't want to because I've just bought the Next from a friend and a new one ain't cheap!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    gorgeous bike, cool photo!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Still needs some frame protection, cutting steerer some more, ODI grips with grey lockrings, stans tubeless tape instead of the stock Mavic (will go tubeless after winter so no hurry), maybe those RWC needle bearings for shock but it is rideable as is.

Feels like there's some extra stack height, maybe need to go with lower-rise bar but don't want to because I've just bought the Next from a friend and a new one ain't cheap!
    Definitely a tall stack. About 15mm higher than comparable trail frames from Santa Cruz, Pivot, Ibis. This review touched on the tall stack: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/devinc...iew-20127.html

The one thing, however, that I was already not in love with about the Django was its generous stack height. The Django's head tube is already fairly long. At 115 millimeters on a size Large, for comparison's sake, it's 15 millimeters longer than that of a Large Tallboy and 13 millimeters taller than that of a Large Ripley LS. To compensate, I eventually resorted to slamming the stem and running an unsightly stack of headset spacers on top. My goal was to try and get my hands in a less T-Rex-esque position. Adding another 10 millimeters to the situation (the height of that tall lower headset cup) would take things in the exact wrong direction. This, however, is my only real gripe with the bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    The EVO article shows a DHX2 shock on a Django. Which in its shortest configuration is 7.875 x 2.25, the compressed eye to eye with an offset bushing would be alsmost the same as the stock 7.25 x 1.75 shock. This should give the bike almost 150mm rear suspension. Has anyone else run this size shock on this bike? I heard others mention long shocking, but it sounded like they were using shocks with a 2.0" stroke. Just curious.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidermatt View Post
    The EVO article shows a DHX2 shock on a Django. Which in its shortest configuration is 7.875 x 2.25, the compressed eye to eye with an offset bushing would be alsmost the same as the stock 7.25 x 1.75 shock. This should give the bike almost 150mm rear suspension. Has anyone else run this size shock on this bike? I heard others mention long shocking, but it sounded like they were using shocks with a 2.0" stroke. Just curious.
    He had this shock custom made by fox it's the same size as the dps it comes with I'm pretty sure

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    2017 Devinci Django 29er-img_4001.jpg

A bit pissed off at Devinci at the moment. Their frame protection kit doesn't work that well. First, when trying to peel the backing paper from the adhesive, the adhesive doesn't stick to the protecting leather bits at all but stays strongly glued to the backing paper. If and when you get the backing paper off without it leaving the protecting leather, the leather peels itself away from the adhesive after mounting on the frame.

Tried to apply heat and holding the leather firmly in place and all but didn't help at all. Now I basically have a bike with adhesive/glue on the chainstays but no protection as those leather bits will fall off the moment I will go for a ride.

Ok, the frame was a tiny bit cheaper than many comparable products but the amount of work you have to put in yourself and the extra things you need to fix before getting to actually ride the bike balances the equation.

Hope it rides like a dream and will be worth the trouble.

2017 Devinci Django 29er-img_4002.jpg

Also, why would you put protection on the non-driveside chainstay? To protect from rocks? The map shows to put a piece of protection there.
    Last edited by _tarzan; 01-14-2018 at 12:45 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I get your frustration, but a year from now you're not even going to remember this because the bike rides so damn well. If I were you, I'd probably peel off the DS chainstay protector and just slap some shelter tape on there. The best deal I can find on it (if you don't want a shop sized roll) is from https://www.fanatikbike.com/products...d-shelter-tape. Maybe you already have some if you are going to do the downtube.

Sorry to read about your problems with the protective covers... it's a fairly minor detail, but definitely one that they should get right on a $2500 frame.
    Last edited by SlipperyToad; 11-16-2017 at 08:59 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Picked up the Alloy frame

new online for $1500...140mm fork..chip in high (after 1st few rides in the low) let the good times roll!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017 Devinci Django 29er-0930171125.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Yeah, one of mine the adhesive stuck to the paper instead of the leatherette thingy, and most of the others started peeling off within days of sticking them on. I just pulled them all off and stuck Shelter tape on them, as well as along the underside of the downtube.

I like the tape on the downtube, but it's just too think and stands out too much on the stays, and not sure how much grime will accumulate along the edges. Once it starts peeling or looking ragged, I'll probably replace it with the thinner 3M stoneguard stuff.

There are no guides along the downtube for the rear brake line cause it's meant to be run internally. A real downtube protector would be nice though, the bike I demoed threw rocks against the frame constantly on gravel and fire roads.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Like the look of the black shock on that frame!
    Last edited by _tarzan; 01-14-2018 at 12:46 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Spoke too soon. Realized that I hadn't tightened down the preload collar on my crank, and once I did, it pulled the crank over enough that my non-boost chainring contacts the derailleur cable down by the bottom bracket. So looks like a new chainring is in order.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016

Not the best pic but itís already snowing outside...

Thought Iíd throw this up for anyone interested. Cane Creek inline coil 190/50 and MRP Ribbon at 140mm. Been riding it for a couple months and itís pretty cool. Everything from xcish to some bike park stuff. Strava times arenít really any different than in the stock set up but I donít tend to carry my phone on the local rides. my seat of the pants says it feels better. And Iíd say itís now more capable across a wider spectrum of trail types.

The coil does come really close to the seat tube. No contact afaik. Put a piece of protective take there just in case.

Also running RWC needle bearings on the top mount. Did the same with the stock shock and can notice a positive difference.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Not the best pic but itís already snowing outside...

Thought Iíd throw this up for anyone interested. Cane Creek inline coil 190/50 and MRP Ribbon at 140mm. Been riding it for a couple months and itís pretty cool. Everything from xcish to some bike park stuff. Strava times arenít really any different than in the stock set up but I donít tend to carry my phone on the local rides. my seat of the pants says it feels better. And Iíd say itís now more capable across a wider spectrum of trail types.

The coil does come really close to the seat tube. No contact afaik. Put a piece of protective take there just in case.

Also running RWC needle bearings on the top mount. Did the same with the stock shock and can notice a positive difference.
    Are you running an offset bushing?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Any thoughts on how a 185 x 50 metric shock would work? I know folks have messed around with different shocks but havenít heard anything specifically about this metric. The reason I ask is that the eye to eye is a mm off stock but the stroke should increase the travel by 15mm or so. Iíd run with at least a 140 fork and most likely a 150. Any recommendations on this approach? Would I still need an offset bushing?

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Are you running an offset bushing?
    Yes. Forgot about that. 2mm offset on the bottom.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Yes. Forgot about that. 2mm offset on the bottom.
    You know how much sag do you get? If so what spring weight do you got and how much do you weight?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by tbjorkman View Post
    Any thoughts on how a 185 x 50 metric shock would work? I know folks have messed around with different shocks but havenít heard anything specifically about this metric. The reason I ask is that the eye to eye is a mm off stock but the stroke should increase the travel by 15mm or so. Iíd run with at least a 140 fork and most likely a 150. Any recommendations on this approach? Would I still need an offset bushing?
    This type of metric shock is for frames where the rotation at the wide end of the shock takes place at the frame. There is actually only threaded holes at that end of the shock. You would have to build new rockers with bearings at the shock mount to make it work...
    Then the extra mm of stroke would most certainly not be fully use able since the rear triangle would hit the frame before the shock bottoms out, at least in the low setting on a medium frame.

I run my Django with a 140mm fork and a -1 angleset. It doesn't change the bb height and slacken the bike by 1,5 degree.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Would a 7.5 x 2.0 piggy back fit? I like the Fox DPX and would want to run that shock and an offset bushing.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by tbjorkman View Post
    Would a 7.5 x 2.0 piggy back fit? I like the Fox DPX and would want to run that shock and an offset bushing.
    It should fit since Deserat fitted a coil in that dimension.

But is it worth it?
    The longer e2e will give you a higher bb by giving you some "negative" travel which could be compensated by running more sag so that you get the same saged bb height as with the original shock.
    Without offset bushing, you will get exactly the same travel with a 190*50 shock than with a 184*44 since they both have the same compressed length. What you get is only more "negative" travel which is of little use unless you like high bb.
    With the offset bushing, you will get 2mm more positive shock stroke resulting in slightly more than 5mm extra rear wheel travel considering the leverage ratio at the end of the stroke.
    Last edited by HappyMTB.fr; 11-05-2017 at 11:23 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    a question for D29 owners: does this bike really climb as well as some of the reviewers gush about? i'm dying to try one. it sounds like the goldilocks of trail bikes that climbs like a goat. is this your experience compared to other bikes you've owned?

mtbr member
    Feb 2016

2017 Devinci Django 29er

You know how much sag do you get? If so what spring weight do you got and how much do you weight?
    400x2 spring
    150 lbs
    30mm sag, I think
    1.5 turns of preload?

Thatís what I have in my notes but I think I might have changed slightly since then.

Also, cookerq did this with the db inline earlier in the thread. Got the idea from him and decided to try the coil. I will say I like the coil and I think the django is progressive enough to take advantage of it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by cunningstunts View Post
    a question for D29 owners: does this bike really climb as well as some of the reviewers gush about? i'm dying to try one. it sounds like the goldilocks of trail bikes that climbs like a goat. is this your experience compared to other bikes you've owned?
    Iíd say it does climb really well. And by climb, I mean pedal uphill for significant amounts of time. As good as any split pivot bike could, I think. I tend to demo a lot of bikes and Iíve owned quite a few over the past five years and Iím impressed with the Django 29. It pedals as well as my intense spider but without the pedal kick back and overall faster with the bigger wheels. Not as good as the rocky element I demoed. Just some examples. I will say, the D29 is heavier than those bikes. The stack feels tall also, and the seat tube angle could be a little steeper in my opinion. FWIW.

mtbr member
    That protective piece is for protecting the NDS chainstay from your heels rubbing it.

I may have an extra frame protection kit. Some gave us the same issue so I had them send me more which didn't have the issue of peeling off the adhesive.

Name:	IMG_4001.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	1163239

A bit pissed off at Devinci at the moment. Their frame protection kit sucks big time. First, when trying to peel the backing paper from the adhesive, the adhesive doesn't stick to the protecting leather bits at all but stays strongly glued to the backing paper. If and when you get the backing paper off without it leaving the protecting leather, the leather peels itself away from the adhesive after mounting on the frame.

Tried to apply heat and holding the leather firmly in place and all but didn't help at all. Now I basically have a bike with adhesive/glue on the chainstays but no protection as those leather bits will fall off the moment I will go for a ride.

So WTF Devinci!? You are doing a really poor job on frame protection with not sorting these things out before a customer gets his bike. A downtube protector mounted with bolts on the frame would be a good start. And while your at it, put cable bosses on top of the downtube for the rear brake hose.

Ok, the frame was a tiny bit cheaper than many comparable products but the amount of work you have to put in yourself and the extra things you need to fix before getting to actually ride the bike balances the equation.

Hope it rides like a dream and will be worth the trouble.

Name:	IMG_4002.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	1163238

Also, why would you put protection on the non-driveside chainstay? To protect from rocks? The map shows to put a piece of protection there.

Need to try and get a new kit from Devinci or figure out how to get these leather patches stay on the frame. Ideas are appreciated.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Appreciate the offer but its a long way from Texas to Scandinavia If you still want to ship the kit, be my guest but I understand if you don't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast