Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2015 Troy XP thoughts?

1K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  knuttz 
#1 ·
Thinking of taking a drive to check out a 2015 Troy XP. It’s quite a drive for me but my funds sort of limit me to a used bike at the moment and this one fits the bill as far as specs.

I’ve been trying to read up on them so I know what I’m looking at when I get there.

I keep seeing in reviews about the bike being a little cramped with the reach.

Does that go for a 2015 model or was the top tube lengthened after 14?

I’m having trouble finding much info in these bikes

#5 ·
Thank you for the answer . I picked it up for what I think was a really good deal. The frame looks really good along with the forks.

The rear cassette is showing some major wear along with the crank but at the price I paid I'm not too concerned.

Now I just need to set about figuring out which cassette I need and what crankset .

I'm thinking of going with a 1x setup but only if I can fit an 11speed cassette on it .

#7 ·
Just figured I'd go ahead do a whole new crankset and BB.

Don't know how the previous owner did it but , the frame has hardly any marks nor do the forks or anything else but the Crank arms are beat to hell. It's missing the bash guard also.

I've been too busy riding and haven't looked to see which hub I have on the rear but , if I change to 1x11 or 1x12 will I need a new rear derailleur also?

#9 ·
Well with a bit of research seems I've found the answer and I will need a new derailleur. Unless there's something I haven't found .
What are the teeth count of your smallest rear cog? 10 or 11? I'm assuming 11. If that is the case you'll need an NX 12spd cassette.

You can go NX or GX 12spd on the derailleur and shifter. For the crankset you can just get a narrow wide ring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.