What tires are you using?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

What tires are you using?

I'm trying to figure out what to get for my next set. I'm currently running Grails and Super Swan's on mainly road and gravel and some dirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pitbullandmtb; 09-04-2014 at 08:18 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    I've got an absurd number of tires for a back-of-the-pack Cat C CX racer. Right now I have Michelin Mud2, Clement PDX, Clement LAS and Clement MXP at my disposal. I like them all, but they're each particularly suited to different conditions.

For a dry mix of gravel, dirt and pavement the Clement LAS are great. I don't know how long the tread would last if you rode a lot of pavement, but I can say that they roll well and how just enough tread to grip in smooth-ish off-road conditions. They're very good on grass too.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Just bought some Specialized Trigger Sports. Still building the bike for gravel rides but my friends use and love them for gravel and mild dirt terrain.

aka bOb
    Challenge Gravel Grinder for a fast pavement/gravel tire. Running mine tubeless on Hed Belgium Plus with no issues so far.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    Challenge Gravel Grinder for a fast pavement/gravel tire. Running mine tubeless on Hed Belgium Plus with no issues so far.
    How long have you been running them tubeless? I have the 23 mm HED's and the same tires, but currently set up with tubes. Amazingly fast tire for such high volume.
    Yeah I only carry cans cause I'm a weight weenie.

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexCuse View Post
    How long have you been running them tubeless? I have the 23 mm HED's and the same tires, but currently set up with tubes. Amazingly fast tire for such high volume.
    Only about 200 miles which included a few 1 foot drops and some bunny hops. The front held air instantly but the rear took a few days before it stopped leaking from somewhere. Right now I am running fairly high pressures around 65psi and haven't had to guts to drop them below 45psi yet, maybe later today I will give it a shot.

mtbr member
    Cool - gotta decide if I think I'd get enough of an advantage to make it worth giving up the highish pressure I'm running on the road (60ish). Even with the tubes I'm pretty close to as fast as I'd be on road bike, and would hate to lose that.
    Yeah I only carry cans cause I'm a weight weenie.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Mso tubeless

mtbr member
    Ritchey Speedmax is the best - mainly road, some of everything else tire I've tried. You can always find deals on them online.
    Michelin Mud was my favorite - mainly trail, some of everything else. Again, look for deals online.
    My new favorite trail tire is the Racing Ralph but they're expensive and almost never on sale.