Giant Anyroad or Specialized Diverge?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2014

Giant Anyroad or Specialized Diverge?

Lately I find these newer bikes to be very tempting and had narrowed down to 2 entry level bikes - Giant Anyroad and Specialized Diverge, also considered a Giant Revolt. Any suggestion from owner of either bikes?

Just moved to my area and ready to explore the nearby paved cycling path with miles of hilly dirt path and fire track alongside - dry California area. I ride and road/hybrid bikes but I am looking for a go-anywhere do it all bike on one outing. Come home feeling good that I did both road and dirt riding in one workout.

mtbr member
    Bumping this thread up, I'm also curious from owners of the Giant Anyroad, Revolt, and Specialized Diverge. I'm looking to supplement my trail riding with riding the greenways and fire roads.
    1992 Trek 800 Antelope
    2009 Haro Mary SS
    2015 Trek Stache 7
    2017 Trek Fuel EX 9

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    I have the revolt 3. I think it's pretty cool for my first cx bike, but overall I would go with a different bike. I've had mine for roughly 2 months now and it is already squeaking under the handles. It's not really that fast but good for beginner. I have lately noticed that the chain skips at higher gears as well. Then again this all might be problems that have nothing related to the bike but rather the way it was built and used. I'm actually thinking of selling it and spending a bit more for a better bike.

I'd go with the Specialized bike.

I like turtles
    Why not consider the Crux? The Evo versions have a standard compact road crank (50/34) which gives you a bit more useable range and you can fit much wider tires than with the Diverge.
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2018 Niner RKT 9 RDO - enduro AF

mtbr member
    I'm not planning on racing, just riding fire roads, horse trails, and greenways. I've ridden the Giant Anyroad 2, and wasn't impressed with the Sora shifters. I'm looking at the Anyroad 1, Diverge Elite, Crossrip LTD, and CAADX Tiagra.
    1992 Trek 800 Antelope
    2009 Haro Mary SS
    2015 Trek Stache 7
    2017 Trek Fuel EX 9

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by V8Interceptor View Post
    I'm not planning on racing, just riding fire roads, horse trails, and greenways. I've ridden the Giant Anyroad 2, and wasn't impressed with the Sora shifters. I'm looking at the Anyroad 1, Diverge Elite, Crossrip LTD, and CAADX Tiagra.
    I'd go with the CAADX Tiagra. Cannondale makes really nice durable bikes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I'm in the market for the same. Rode the 2015 Diverge Comp Smartweld and it was sick! Way out of my budget though. I think I'm going to wait for the 2016 Elite or whatever that Tiagra mid-level model is for $1500. I don't think I need the hydros and carbon seat post, etc that comes on the 2015 for almost $3k!

I did also ride a CrossRip and was not impressed. It literally felt like a tank and I was a size down on it also.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Also, the Diverge has clearance to a 35 tire. Don't know why you would want more even if the Crux could fit it. The Diverge has rack mounts too and Crux does not so may offer you more versatility.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Thanks guys for the good responds and suggestions. After some more research and patience, I am considering the Jamis Nova Sport CX bike. It's one of the more affordable cross bikes that seems right for my budget and riding area (dry So. Cal desert). The Diverge, Crux, Crossrip and CAADX are somewhat out of my affordability at this time. I currently own a steel Jamis Dragon 29er for serious dirt/fire track riding, a older Giant XTC with 26" cross tires for light off road/street and a Specialized Sirrus for paved cycle path. So I am looking to replace either one or two of these bikes with a newer cross bike.

Anyone got good experience with Jamis Nova CX bike?