Zion frame whit a cyclocoss fork?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Zion frame whit a cyclocoss fork?

Hi there.

Iīm into building a Zion 660ebb Medium and will use 700cc rims whit race tires.

First i was thinking to buy a on - one super light fork but was thinking. The clearance will look silly!

So now iīm into a cyclocross fork whit 395mm axle to crown. like this.
    http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...ross+Fork.aspx
    Do you guys think it would work?

I will use the bike just for riding in the city. Maybe i should go whit a race fork that is even slimmer and only 370 -370mm axle to crown?
    The wheel donīt hit the frame then?

Regards Tobias

mtbr member
    Interesting project. Will a 700cc wheel even fit in that frame? I don't think it will. Also, I'm guessing you will be planning on running disc brakes?
    Last edited by marks_bike; 12-11-2007 at 05:06 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Hi.

I have been speaking whit jensonusa about this and they said that itīs no problem. As long I go whit 20cc or 25cc tubes.

Of course i will have diskbrakes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by atomlab
    Hi.

I have been speaking whit jensonusa about this and they said that itīs no problem. As long I go whit 20cc or 25cc tubes.

Of course i will have diskbrakes.
    Nice!

That fork would look nice on there. Not sure how it will affect the geometry being shorter and all. Did Jenson have any insight? Only down side with that fork is that it doesn't have disc tabs, but not that that really matters much.

I'd be very interested to see the outcome of this project. Post some pictures when you get this thing built up. --Mark

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I havent speak whit jenson about an miniumum lenght fork. But the recommend an 80 - 100mm suspension fork. But that doesent matter for me when i will use the bike for a city trecker.

The fork i mention from jenson was just an example. I have order an fork from Waltwork that will solve my problem.

Ofcourse will i post a separate diskussion about my bike further into the building.

Regards....

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I tried putting a carbon cross fork on a 737 frame. I don't like it. It kinda screws up the geometry. I just ordered a Zion 29er fork for 39 smackers.

Members who have read this thread: 0