Zion compared to other steel frames.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Zion compared to other steel frames.

Hey all,
    I am looking for a good steel frame and have it down to the zion, soma groove, on one inbred, or a voodoo. How do you like the zion as an overall bike, like performance, ride, and strength? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Personally, I really dig the 660. I can't say enough good things about it. Climbs well, it feels fast, it's whippy in the turns and a smooth ride for a HD. The things I don't like about it are tire clearance and that it's designed around a 80mm fork. I'd like to be able to ride up to a 2.35 tire.

That said. I'm really like the specs on the inbred. I'd really like to take on for a spin sometime. The tire clearance and the fact that it's built around a longer travel fork if very appealing. --Mark

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    i think the 660 is a great frame. it's a bit on the heavy side, but for some reason i don't even notice when riding it. i run it as a 1x9 so i get a bit of the weight back without all that extra front equipment i'm not using anyway.

i have a 100mm manitou r7 on it, which slackens the ht a bit but it actually rides great this way, i find i could maintain speed much more easily with the 100mm fork on it.

tracks amazingly well, i cover things much faster than my previous (haro v5)

mtbr member
    Heavy? I think it is average for a steal frame. The EBB may be a little heavy but the normal 660 is average. --Mark

Quote Originally Posted by dropspace
    i think the 660 is a great frame. it's a bit on the heavy side, but for some reason i don't even notice when riding it. i run it as a 1x9 so i get a bit of the weight back without all that extra front equipment i'm not using anyway.

mtbr member
    What sort of steel is Zion 660EBB Frame, is it cromoly 4130 or reynolds etc...?

mtbr member
    It's 4130

mtbr member
    Anyone have any experience with the Zion 660 and the Nashbar Signature 853? Anyone know if there's any weight difference?
    "If you suck, that means I'm better. The more you suck, the better I am. So. Let me count the ways you suck." - Scribb

jmw
    mtbr member
    those Nashbar frames are actually really nice...better steel too
    future nature

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    On one Inbred..all the way!

I had an 853 Zion and loved it...until I got the Inbred....the massive rear clearance and handling with a 130mm fork did it for me

Members who have read this thread: 0