Zion 737 with 100mm fork?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Zion 737 with 100mm fork?

Anyone try running a Zion 737 with a longer 100mm fork?

Thinking of trying this setup with a fork with a longer offset like on the RST M29 or the new Fox F29?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Pho'dUp
    Anyone try running a Zion 737 with a longer 100mm fork?

Thinking of trying this setup with a fork with a longer offset like on the RST M29 or the new Fox F29?

No responses so I did it anyways. Btw RST M29 works fine, no clearance issues. Just one ride but so far it works great.

mtbr member
    Pho'dUp are you still liking that fork? I have a white 737 frame on the way. It will match.
    Originally Posted by Vtolds/Dremer03---- "assume any bikes left unlocked and unattended are free to take"

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    It's not bad. Only a few rides on it. It is heavy though for a XC fork. At least 1/2 lb. or more heavier than a Reba. But it clears the Zion downtube fine without putting a + 5mm or +7mm race on there.

mtbr member
    Thanks Pho'dUp. This is going to be my first build, so it will probably take quite a while. I'm going to try it rigid first ( couldn't say no to a $29 fork ), but afraid my old body won't like it, so will probably go with a suspension fork sooner or later.

By the way---nice bike.
    Originally Posted by Vtolds/Dremer03---- "assume any bikes left unlocked and unattended are free to take"

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Thanks Noobi-Wan,

I tried Rigid and it wasn't for me. I'll try it again though. There is something very sweet about the rigid's simplicity and weight savings. But I suggest putting the biggest tire you can fit in that fork to take some of the bite out.

mtbr member
    Thanks, good advice.

Members who have read this thread: 0