Yay, I finally finished it!- Mtbr.com

Aug 2008

Yay, I finally finished it!

Ok, so after having a ton of issues today, I finally got it together. The only problems I have now is the front brake, I need to get the boxxer mount for the caliper, and the rear wheel is really close to the chainstay and I don't know what to do about that.

The build is
    Frame: F5
    Forks: RockShox Boxxer Team
    Bars: Truvativ Hussefelt
    Stem: Truvativ Hussefelt
    Brakes: Avid Juicy 5
    Shifter: Sram X9
    Wheelset: Azonic Outlaw
    Tires: Maxxis High Rollers
    Seatpost: Truvativ
    Seat: Chumba
    Crankset: Truvativ Holzfeller 1.1 DH
    Pedals: Wellgo MG-1
    Chainguide: e.thirteen LG1
    Derailler: Sram X9
    Cassette: Sram 11-34t
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Zerodark; 04-18-2009 at 05:19 AM.

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    congrats on getting your bike together... You'll need to dish the rear wheel to the left and once you get the boxxer brake adapter, you'll be a happy camper... XD

and dang dude! Nice rig!

nerfherder
    Nice rig. Cute walls.

Aug 2008
    Oh snap, I forgot to give props to the guys at Chumba in the first post. Walter and Alan gave this a good jump start, but I really want to thank Jason for keeping me updated daily on what's going on, and talking about random non bike related stuff. The Chumba team is awesome, and I'm already looking forward to the next bike I buy from them.

mrpercussive, I don't quite understand what you mean by dish it to the left. Right now I have 2 washers in there because there was a gap without them that made the wheel slide side to side a little. I'm open to any options getting it away from that chainstay...

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerodark
    Oh snap, I forgot to give props to the guys at Chumba in the first post. Walter and Alan gave this a good jump start, but I really want to thank Jason for keeping me updated daily on what's going on, and talking about random non bike related stuff. The Chumba team is awesome, and I'm already looking forward to the next bike I buy from them.

mrpercussive, I don't quite understand what you mean by dish it to the left. Right now I have 2 washers in there because there was a gap without them that made the wheel slide side to side a little. I'm open to any options getting it away from that chainstay...
    dishing as in truing the wheel and making it go towards the non drive side... check out the parktool website... tons of info there on how to do it... it's like a 30 minute fix...

Aug 2008
    Thanks for the help. I learned something new on that one. I never knew it was called dishing before. I'm going to give it a shot today after I get some rest. I'll give an update on how it goes.

Mar 2009
    Hey Shaun! Bike looks sick! I'm really happy for you. It has been a pleasure working with you in getting this bike over to you. All of us at Chumba really appreciate your patience and good atittude, and its people like you that make our jobs worth all the work. I look forward to hearing from you, feel free to hit any of us up anytime.

mtbr member
    ShotSki!

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    Quote Originally Posted by markskee
    ShotSki!
    Hehe... hehehe...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ahE_LAKb8tg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ahE_LAKb8tg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Aug 2008
    Well, I got my wheel all fixed. Apparently it was completely off center anyways going towards the drive side. I took it to my local bike store since I didn't trust myself to do that. I ordered the brake adapter for my boxxer as well, that should be in tomorrow. Now the only thing I need is a heavier coil for the rear shock. Just have to find out how heavy I need to go. I also weighed it today. It came in at 42.74 pounds. Gotta start swapping some stuff out so I can get below 40. That would be sick.

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerodark
    Well, I got my wheel all fixed. Apparently it was completely off center anyways going towards the drive side. I took it to my local bike store since I didn't trust myself to do that. I ordered the brake adapter for my boxxer as well, that should be in tomorrow. Now the only thing I need is a heavier coil for the rear shock. Just have to find out how heavy I need to go. I also weighed it today. It came in at 42.74 pounds. Gotta start swapping some stuff out so I can get below 40. That would be sick.
    i weighed mine today and it came in at 41 flat... gonna be under 40 by this or next week...

Members who have read this thread: 0