On XCL, where is the stiffening rib and how much larger are those euduro bearing?- Mtbr.com
    on my 3rd wind...

New question here. On XCL, where is the stiffening rib and how much larger are those euduro bearing?

Where exactly is the integrated stiffening rib located on the XCL rocker arm? And how does that provide solid ride?

How much wider are those Enduro bearings and are they used on all four pivots?
    sth

Apr 2007
    The Integrated stiffening rib is along the back of the Bell crank. It helps with side flex and forward flex/twist. The XCL uses 8 Enduro type bearings. The EVO and the XCL have been using the same width bearings for a while. Your frame is only as flex free as the bearings that
    are holding it together. The whole Chumba line uses over size bearings to take years of abuse and keep coming back for more. We found with experimenting with bearing width we can virtually eliminate side flex. It only takes 1mm added width.
    This allows the bond from bearing to frame to much stronger and the use of larger balls.
    This bike has big balls!!

on my 3rd wind...
    Thx CJ for the response. Excuse my ignorance since I am still having diffculty picturing what "stiffening rib" on the rocker arm looks like. I never heard a term called "Bell crank" either.

Another Q: Has anyone swapped stock Fox RP23 and DHX-A with coil one on XCL? What spring rate for following models: DHX-C, ROCO TST-R, & CCDB. For someone weighing 165-170lbs geared up (155lbs naked), targeting 25-30% sag. Thx.
    sth

Compulsive Bike Builder

Why is it called a Bell Crank?

Quote Originally Posted by SingleTrackHound
    Thx CJ for the response. Excuse my ignorance since I am still having diffculty picturing what "stiffening rib" on the rocker arm looks like. I never heard a term called "Bell crank" either.

Another Q: Has anyone swapped stock Fox RP23 and DHX-A with coil one on XCL? What spring rate for following models: DHX-C, ROCO TST-R, & CCDB. For someone weighing 165-170lbs geared up (155lbs naked), targeting 25-30% sag. Thx.
    On the EVO, the part that Chumba calls a Bell Crank is what most others refer to as a rocker arm. I am sure Chumba have a good reason for calling it that. On the XCL perhaps it is the swing links? Again that is what other people call them. Ted has been doing this for a long time, and I am sure there is some reason behind calling them Bell Cranks, I wonder if there is some interesting story or reason behind it.
    Disclaimer: ComCycle USA

No, that's not phonetic
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Compulsive Bike Builder

Thanks

That answers my question on two levels. I have always wondered what if anything it has to do with a bell? but if you follow the link in the wiki page you sent to:

http://www.flying-pig.co.uk/mechanis...bellcrank.html

it answers even that.
    Disclaimer: ComCycle USA

Members who have read this thread: 0