XCL weight? Paging geolover...- Mtbr.com
    Do It Yourself

XCL weight? Paging geolover...

What does the large butted version of the 2007 XCL really weight? And is that with the seatpost clamp?

Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    Frame weight is 7.05 pounds. Not bad.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=296476

My large XCL is about 7.5 pounds.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showpost.php?...58&postcount=6
    Long Live Long Rides

Trophy Husband
    Hey, what do you know...a little typo! Sorry, that first weight is incorrect. It is closer to 7.5 pounds. The scale I used is not the most accurate, but I weighed it several times (two different days) and it averaged about 7.5 pounds.

And yes, that was with the chumbie seat post clamp.

It's not the lightest 5" travel frame out there, but I bet I'll never break it. My current all mountain bike weighs 41 pounds...I'm shooting to get this XCL in the 33 pound neighborhood. I'm toying with the idea of throwing a 36 Talas on the front of it.

edit: I have now edited my original post. Thanks Homebrew.
    Last edited by geolover; 05-25-2007 at 08:11 AM.
    Extreme stationary biker.

Do It Yourself
    Hey, what do you know...a little typo! Sorry, that first weight is incorrect. It is closer to 7.5 pounds. The scale I used is not the most accurate, but I weighed it several times (two different days) and it averaged about 7.5 pounds.

And yes, that was with the chumbie seat post clamp.

It's not the lightest 5" travel frame out there, but I bet I'll never break it. My current all mountain bike weighs 41 pounds...I'm shooting to get this XCL in the 33 pound neighborhood. I'm toying with the idea of throwing a 36 Talas on the front of it.

Okay, thanks. That puts it in a little different weight category similar to other companies' 6+" travel bikes (El Guapo, RFX, 6.6). Not that there is anything wrong with that. I was just hoping for something lighter from Alan's comments:

Quote Originally Posted by CHUMBAevo
    Also, a little bird told me the XCLs should be coming in at the 5-6lb. range, but I will have the exact weight soon.
    He must have been referring to a small frame without shock. Typical manufacturer talk.

Anyway, get off your duff, cut the analysis paralysis and just pick a fork. Any Fork. They are all good. Really.
    Long Live Long Rides

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew
    Anyway, get off your duff, cut the analysis paralysis and just pick a fork. Any Fork. They are all good. Really.
    Fair enough...and well said. Hey, it's not like I'm in the PCinSC paralysis league...just want to make the right decision.
    Extreme stationary biker.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Fair enough...and well said. Hey, it's not like I'm in the PCinSC paralysis league...just want to make the right decision.

and the Red looks to Shizz (ooops you got black)

Members who have read this thread: 0