XCL Weight?- Mtbr.com

Thread: XCL Weight?

Jun 2004

XCL Weight?

Does anyone know what the XCL with the RP23 weighs (frame only)? Just curious.

mtbr member
    This is a guess going off of DirtDad's post. He weighed his XCL frame w/ the DHX 5.0 Air at 7lbs 5oz.

These are Fox's numbers
    DHX 5.0 Air - 450g
    RP23 - 213g

Difference of 237g - a tad over 1/2lb. So maybe a weight of 6.8lbs for the XCL w/ RP23?

mtbr member
    Dubjay,

Your weight calculations seem good. CranxOC, I have a XCL ready for you to demo..it'll be interesting to read your comparison since you are coming off a motolite..hopefully, you can do a ride review for all of us on here.
    Simple | Proven | Reliable

http://chumbaracing.blogspot.com/

Jun 2004
    I'll definitely do a full ride report. I also wouldn't be averse to having somone else test-ride my Moto Lite to compare the ride feel on both. In fact, if a group wanted to get together at Aliso, it might be kinda cool to ride both bikes back-to-back to get a true shootout going.

Maybe doing something like a run up Cholla to test the climbing ability and and roll down Lynx to see how each decends.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CranxOC
    I'll definitely do a full ride report. I also wouldn't be averse to having somone else test-ride my Moto Lite to compare the ride feel on both. In fact, if a group wanted to get together at Aliso, it might be kinda cool to ride both bikes back-to-back to get a true shootout going.

Maybe doing something like a run up Cholla to test the climbing ability and and roll down Lynx to see how each decends.

hi,

so how did it climb up cholla and decend down lynx or rock it?? i've taken it up boat rd. and it climbed great and have gone down laguna ridge trail with it and it was a nice controlled ride all the way down at a pretty good speed too.

thanks,

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dubjay
    This is a guess going off of DirtDad's post. He weighed his XCL frame w/ the DHX 5.0 Air at 7lbs 5oz.

These are Fox's numbers
    DHX 5.0 Air - 450g
    RP23 - 213g

Difference of 237g - a tad over 1/2lb. So maybe a weight of 6.8lbs for the XCL w/ RP23?
    What size frame was that?
    "If you suck, that means I'm better. The more you suck, the better I am. So. Let me count the ways you suck." - Scribb

Members who have read this thread: 0