XCL with Pike?- Mtbr.com

Thread: XCL with Pike?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

XCL with Pike?

I'm thinking about getting a new frame for next season, and one that will complement my Pike. So not long ago I came over the XCL on the web and it got me thinking.. I don't want more than 5", but I would like the frame to be burly enough for hard trailriding and the occasional bikepark abuse. I rarely drop off anything bigger than maybe 4 or 5 footers. The XCL looks pretty beef, and it also looks pretty, period. So my question for you guys is, is the XCL what I'm looking for or should I just go elsewhere?

Aug 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Bone Collector
    I'm thinking about getting a new frame for next season, and one that will complement my Pike. So not long ago I came over the XCL on the web and it got me thinking.. I don't want more than 5", but I would like the frame to be burly enough for hard trailriding and the occasional bikepark abuse. I rarely drop off anything bigger than maybe 4 or 5 footers. The XCL looks pretty beef, and it also looks pretty, period. So my question for you guys is, is the XCL what I'm looking for or should I just go elsewhere?

The XCL can handle 5 footers easy, and the PIKE would be an awesome fork for it...

Compulsive Bike Builder

Perfect profile

Quote Originally Posted by Bone Collector
    I don't want more than 5", but I would like the frame to be burly enough for hard trailriding and the occasional bikepark abuse.
    To me, that is the perfect profile for an XCL owner. I know more than a few guys who have decided that they do not want or need long travel, but they want a tough frame. The irony is that the extra strength also makes it a better climber. After evaluating the XCL, I think that a lot of big strong climbers should reconsider their choice to have everything as light as possible. The XCL puts the power down very nicely too, without wagging under power or in the corners.
    Disclaimer: ComCycle USA

Made in China
    Jan 2006
    MMMMmmmmm......XCL and the Pike (with travel adjustment).....what a yummy combo....
    "Didn't your doctor tell you to stop smoking and drinking?" George Burns "Yes but they all died"

Members who have read this thread: 0