XCL outperforms Mkiii (my quasi review)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006

XCL outperforms Mkiii (my quasi review)

The Mkiii is a very nice, well balanced that in general does everything well, no doubt. There are some important areas where the XCL does better, tho, IMO.
    True, the antisquat characteristics of the Mkiii will get you to the top of the hill
    faster, if thats your thing. But the more technical the hiil climb gets, the more the advantage seems to shift to the XCL. The smooth spin that you're able to maintain works better for keeping your momentum when the trail has more or less continuous clutter where as soon as you clear one thing there's another one right there. The traction, while very good on the Mkiii, doesnt compare to what you can do on the XCL with standing climbing.

Here's my ride report from the IH forum:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=361826

Not intended to really be a review, as its only one ride, and to be fair, as one of the guys there says, maybe I'd need to check it out again with different sag to
    see if there's a major difference. My guess is that it might improve a little,
    but not enough to majorly change the overall characteristics.
    Anyway, for what its worth.

No, that's not phonetic
    Don't look now, but you are being burned at the stake over there. They're a kinda serious bunch.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Members who have read this thread: 0