XCL linkage cuts leg?- Mtbr.com
    it's....

XCL linkage cuts leg?

While riding today, I felt the side of my knees hit the linkage bars hanging from toptube.
    Just light taps, but after the ride there was a small cut and the spots that came in contact are sore.
    This is the first frame with bars hanging down from toptube for me.
    Anyone else notice this, or am I just going to have to adjust to keeping the knees wider apart?

Apr 2007
    I have never noticed that. Sounds like a weird riding style. Interesting.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Someone more knock-kneed might have this problem.
    How's your natural stance? To check, Try standing with your legs with a hips width apart, then slowly, in small steps bring your feet together. If your kneecaps make contact before your feet, you are knock-kneed. Also try examining your feet/legs while standing and sitting on the bike with your gear (shoes in particular) on.
    If it really develops to be an issue, I'd let an orthopedian take a look but I doubt it's the bikes fault..

nerfherder
    Mmm. Never happened to me in my half dozen or so rides on an XCL. Knee/top tube contact, maybe... but no the linkage.

it's....
    No knock knees or any physical anomalies.
    Could be the way I ride, I shift my body around turns, mash uphill and such.
    When I'm hovering over the saddle with my pedals at 3 and 9 o'clock and knees bent, they are pretty close to the link bars and the chrome bolt head that sticks out.
    This is only my second ride, after riding my ss mostly for the last year so I may have some adjustment to make in style.

Members who have read this thread: 0