X-Post: National Championship-Winning F5 Chassis is Here!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

X-Post: National Championship-Winning F5 Chassis is Here!

CA - Well, the long-awaited arrival is here. The CHUMBA F5 - based on the internationally-acclaimed chassis that led riders like Duncan Riffle and Lisa Sher to NORBA National Championships is finally available to the public in limited quanities.

Improvements include a replaceable derailleur hanger, bead-blasted anodized options, a proprietary CNC machined chain guide adapter, a 1.5″ OD headtube, and more durable bushings and linkage pieces. Widely considered by many mountain biking magazine editors and high-caliber racers - as one of the finest downhill bikes ever produced - the F5 will be sure to put many more riders on podiums throughout the world.

The F5 will be available as a complete bike with a Fox 40RC2 and a SRAM drivetrain with Avid Code Brakes - as well as a version featuring the Rockshox Boxxer Team and Avid Juicy 7 Brakes. Complete bikes start at $3,800.00.

For more information, please call 1-800-706-0760, or e-mail [email protected]. Otherwise, you can call an authorized CHUMBA dealer on www.chumbaracing.com.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Simple | Proven | Reliable

http://chumbaracing.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    thats a beautiful bike....

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUMBAevo
    Improvements include a replaceable derailleur hanger, bead-blasted anodized options, a proprietary CNC machined chain guide adapter, a 1.5″ OD headtube, and more durable bushings and linkage pieces.
    Alan, why the 1.5" HT? Does Chumba officially recommend a single crown fork on the F5? Just askin'.

What anodized options are available?

How about a picture of the chain guide adapter?

Any changes to the geometry chart posted on the Chumba site?

BTW, that is one fine lookin' machine! Makes me want to sell my current DH bike.
    Extreme stationary biker.

mtbr member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    Alan, why the 1.5" HT? Does Chumba officially recommend a single crown fork on the F5? Just askin'.

What anodized options are available?

How about a picture of the chain guide adapter?

Any changes to the geometry chart posted on the Chumba site?

BTW, that is one fine lookin' machine! Makes me want to sell my current DH bike.
    The 1.5" headtube is just the outer diameter - the inner diameter is still 1 1/8". So it will accomodate standard 1 1/8" headsets.

For now, black ano is the only option for ano. We have candy green and candy orange for paint.

The chain guide adapter works with the new MRP G2 Chainguide - and we have an option to puchase the guide with the frame or as a complete bike.

Geometry is the same.

Always room for another CHUMBA in your stable!
    Simple | Proven | Reliable

http://chumbaracing.blogspot.com/

nerfherder
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUMBAevo
    The 1.5" headtube is just the outer diameter - the inner diameter is still 1 1/8". So it will accomodate standard 1 1/8" headsets.
    That's interesting. Has anyone else done this or is it a Chumba first? And why, for strength?

The bike's beautiful.

mtbr member
    correct me if I am wrong..
    Larger headtube means more welding area which means stronger frame...

I cannot wait to get mine and get it built. I will get pic's up once it gets here.

Members who have read this thread: 0