WOW new colonel x-lite {carbon}- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004

WOW new colonel x-lite {carbon}

Check it out new carbon tubes and all. 2.7 POUNDS!
    [URL=http://www.deanusa.com/mountain/colonel%20x-lite/colonelxlite.htm]http://www.deanusa.com/mountain/colonel%20x-lite/colonelxlite.htm[/URL}
    "Work hard, Ride harder"

mtbr member
    2.7lbs ???? 3.2lbs on my scale !! And thats with the carbon stickers !

Quote Originally Posted by xsport652
    [URL=http://www.deanusa.com/mountain/colonel%20x-lite/colonelxlite.htm]http://www.deanusa.com/mountain/colonel%20x-lite/colonelxlite.htm[/URL}

Lactic Acid is my friend.
    That's the cheesiest thing I've ever seen on a Ti bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Im just wondering how is that cheesy to you? not trying to start anything.
    "Work hard, Ride harder"

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    only too bad this frame isnt made by dean therselfs its made in rusia
    the owner of the factory is dutch guy that design this frame
    othern manufacturs call it a tica frame too bad it is

greetz ricardo

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    What evidence do you have that Dean is NOT manufacturing these frames themselves?
    Riding slowly since 1977.

I'm how far behind?
    I'm pretty sure that while they do not make the tubes they do make the bike. These tubes are made elsewhere (as is all tubing-- not many (if any) manufacturers are making their own tubing. As with any builder the tubing is ordered and the welder makes the frame.

Jim
    Fatter than most.

giddy up!
    Who cares, it'll still take them 6 months to build it after quoting 4 weeks.

B
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

I'm how far behind?
    I was waiting for you to jump in on this one. They know it is a problem and they are doing their best to correct it. I know these guys are busy and I'll be the first to admit that their delivery quotes are ambitious, but it is a quality product at a great price none the less. I've heard of Moots not making their delivery dates as well.
    Jim
    Fatter than most.

giddy up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soloracer
    I was waiting for you to jump in on this one. They know it is a problem and they are doing their best to correct it. I know these guys are busy and I'll be the first to admit that their delivery quotes are ambitious, but it is a quality product at a great price none the less. I've heard of Moots not making their delivery dates as well.
    Jim
    Two things:

1. Not making your delivery date but being honest about it is one thing. I've had many custom frames go over the expected arrival time but the builder was honest and explained the situation to me. This is completely different from going over the estimated date and telling complete and utter lies to try and cover it up....i.e. "your frame is waiting on finish welding" when in reality they don't have tubes for it yet!

2. They've "known it's a problem and are doing their best to correct it" for a number of years now.

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything...just trying to spare people the experience that I had with them! It sucked that bad.

My favortie line...."your frame will be ready in two weeks, it's at paint".....this was told to me for an unpainted Ti frame:-)!

B
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

I'm how far behind?
    Dang the sarcasm thing just does not work when your typing responses. I would have been pissed if I went through your situation-- I've read some of your previous posts. My experience has been great, approx 6 weeks for my ACE. Getting all the parts in (especially an F100X when they are rolling out their 36's) has been my greatest issue. The thing I like most about DEAN is that they do a pretty good job with supporting local racers here in CO. That means a lot to me being a local racer. I've given them a good chunk of my annual earnings in the past 6 weeks, and in reality I did not need a new bike-- I just wanted to ride something from a company that was giving something back. I used to ride for a much larger company who after having a fair amount of success with a new design decided to squash their racing program, now every time I look at their products I see greed instead of a nice ride.
    Fatter than most.

Fashionably functional...
    Quote Originally Posted by xsport652
    Carbon is still the sexiest material for bikes with Ti a close second. Combine them on a single frame and oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh...........ooooohhh...oooo oooooooohhhhh.....,,,uh....gotta go...