What's going on at Voodoo?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2014

What's going on at Voodoo?

I can't find a Zombie 500 fork anywhere in the USA. Also, on their website the USA link is broken, like the domain address is no longer active. Is something bad happening?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    About the people at Sendero Cycles

Try the above link. Joe Murray is a key person listed on this site and is the man behind Voodoo bikes. Good luck!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I was looking for the same thing. It appears Voodoo Cycles has closed their doors.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Not good. I really wanted a 500mm A-C fork with some rake for comfort and lots of tire clearance.

mtbr member
    I emailed VooDoo at [email protected] about ordering some replacement dropouts and Joe Murray emailed me back! He says that VooDoo is still selling in other countries and that they "are working on getting it going in the USA again."

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    That's very good news! I don't think they've made any frames since 2011/12 though, so the sales elsewhere in the world that Joe refers to can only be the left-overs from those batches. And by not renewing the contracts to keep the website going they're not exactly helping the remaining frames to sell!

On the Facebook page last August, Joe said "VooDoo is still alive, more like a zombie though. I hope someday Sandra who is running it gives it up to someone who is actually willing to make something of it. It's a side job for me these days." I thought that sounded pretty bleak. But then in September he said he was working on a 2014 road bike, so who knows?

Surely it's a brand that is capable of selling bikes if they're marketed properly (which they never have been up to now)? And Joe is certainly a very talented designer.