What is an EVO???- Mtbr.com

Sep 2006

What is an EVO???

What class of frame does the EVO fall into. Freeride, all mountain, etc.???? I'm looking to build up a new bike, i would love to get into freeride and love riding a little bit of everything. How much travel does the rear suspension have?

nerfherder
    Quote Originally Posted by FstWRX
    What class of frame does the EVO fall into. Freeride, all mountain, etc.????
    Yes.

Sep 2006
    So basically...it's the coolest potential frame set up...ever

nerfherder
    I rode one that was set up AM and it was a blast. Climbed great, descended better. Sprightly and nimble. A tad heavy on the scale but it didn't feel it on the trail. Granted, it had a pretty light wheel/tire combo.

I'd say it fits somewhere between trail bike and freeride depending on how you set it up.

Sep 2006
    awesome, exactly what i'm lookin for. Thanks man

Made in China
    Jan 2006
    I had mine setup kinda light 32lbs, XC wheelset, lighter fork.......BUT because I'm well over 2 bills with gear it never felt that great. Now I put a Lyrik on it and AM wheelset...well 6.1 in the front and 5.1 in the back. It still climbs really well and just kick A$$ down hill!

depends on your weight, if you are well below 2 bills then even with lighter wheels and fork the EVO would still kick A$$ up and down.

Funny things about the EVO is that I can't tell the extra weight unless I put really heavy rear tire on. it just pedals great! I have friends who had both XCL and the EVO saying the EVO climbs better after you get use to it.
    "Didn't your doctor tell you to stop smoking and drinking?" George Burns "Yes but they all died"

mtbr member
    I'd say it fits somewhere between trail bike and freeride depending on how you set it up.
    Exactly.

Time is not a road.
    Quote Originally Posted by duke777
    Funny things about the EVO is that I can't tell the extra weight unless I put really heavy rear tire on. it just pedals great! I have friends who had both XCL and the EVO saying the EVO climbs better after you get use to it.
    Get used to what?

I have a Moment now and I doubt there will be a big difference in the climbing performance. Maybe people are just getting used to using 6" travel bikes as their trail bikes and realizing they aren't the hogs they expected?

mtbr member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by duke777

Get used to what?

I have a Moment now and I doubt there will be a big difference in the climbing performance. Maybe people are just getting used to using 6" travel bikes as their trail bikes and realizing they aren't the hogs they expected?
    The frame has a unique feel to it, imo. It took me a while to get used to pedaling it, particularly uphill through technical stuff.

Members who have read this thread: 0