VF2 Frame Size Help!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008

VF2 Frame Size Help!

Hi all.
    Im about to order a new VF2 and cant decide on the best frame size for me. As usual im right in the middle of 2 sizes... Medium and Large.
    I am 6' 1/2" tall with a 32.5" inseam.

Can anyone help?

I'm living the dream!
    I'm about the same, 6'0" w/ 32" inseam and always find myself right in between sizes as well. I'm not certain how the dimensions compare with the VF2 but with my XCL, I went with the medium which works great for me as a trailbike where I ride a little more upright. I run a 90mm stem and a zero offset Thomson post. If you are more into XC, you may want the large so you can stretch out a little more. I'm sure someone with the VF2 will pipe in specifically on that bike. Good luck!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Nice one Ricky D, im looking for an upright trail bike.. already got the stretched out xc thing covered with my hardtail.
    Thanks heaps. Looking forward to Chumba ownership!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I am 6' 3/4" 32 inseam...I have a large XCL and am pretty comfortable. I am swithching to a large VF2...I think the geometry is about the same.

Proud bike-o-holic
    YouŽre in the limit of both. Though decision but I would go with the medium size.
    One thing to consider is that this bike has a taller standover height, which means the bottom bracket is a little bit higher than in other bikes (as far as I know, and also compared to a Gary Fisher I own).
    Also the seat tube is longer in this bike, for example, I have a Medium size and the seat tube is 19" long, which would qualify for a L size in most other brands.

HTH

Marco

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Thanks for all the input Guys.
    I have ordered a Meduim, which should work okay with my thompson 100mm stem. Now I wait for it to get to Melbourne

Mike.

Proud bike-o-holic
    YouŽll be ok. Post some pics as soon as you receive the bike.

Regards

mtbr member
    I'm almost the same size as previously mentioned, 6'0.5", 32" inseem, and went large. I can't stand riding a small bike, especially since I ride the bike from xc to Northstar to Downieville. I've currently got a 105mm stem, thinking about going 100mm, and standard setback post. But, we'll see. Good luck!

Doesn't it suck being inbetween sizes? The one bike I felt fit me like a glove was an intense 5.5, large. Chumba has similar geo, including the 24" tt, so I opted for them! Still stoked on the bike; you'll love your VF2!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Thanks Marco and Steve. I think the Med should suit me. Got the RXC-1 for the long road rides.
    Yeah I hate being in between sizes, but at least this way my shorter mates can have a go!

Cant wait. Will post pics soon

Members who have read this thread: 0