Versus Bicycles. Anyone have one yet?- Mtbr.com

Mar 2004

Versus Bicycles. Anyone have one yet?

I saw this at my local bike shop but they didn't have any built up yet. I'm really interested in getting one.

Versus Bikes

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by HomerSimpson
    I saw this at my local bike shop but they didn't have any built up yet. I'm really interested in getting one.

Yea, I'm in your boat, I've been interested in them a lot since a write up of the Blitz in the January issue of Decline magazine (which, btw, you should check out if you can get a hold ot the issue). I really like the Blitz for its looks, adjustability and price. The frame weighs about 10# 's, which comes out to be a pretty heavy bike for what its made for. I know there's a few people on here who have experience with em, so hopefully they can give some feedback.

Mar 2004
    You're the second person to comment about it's weight. I'm willing to take a little extra weight for a stouter frame that isn't going to break. I'm not a total freerider but then I'm not an total xc guy.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by HomerSimpson
    You're the second person to comment about it's weight. I'm willing to take a little extra weight for a stouter frame that isn't going to break. I'm not a total freerider but then I'm not an total xc guy.

I agree completely with taking a little extra weight so it won't break on me. I'm by no way a weight weanie, I ride a 37# bike right now. I think if I built up a Blitz with my current setup, it would still weigh under 40#'s, easily. Actually, in the Decline article I mentioned earlier, they have the bike setup with a 66, and it weighs just under 40. Yea, I really sound like I'm not a weight weenie, huh? I'm looking into getting a Banshee scream, and that's already a heavy enough bike, and lately I've taken notice of the Transition Preston FR, which I reeeeally like a lot.

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    Where are you guys located? One of my buddies knows the owner, Herb. We're in Fremont, CA. I haven't ridden one yet but if you guys are local, maybe he can let you demo a bike. I haven't met him personally but I could probably put you in touch with him. Just trying to help you guys out........

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

They are awesome bikes!

I've ridden the Blitz and it is a really nice riding bike. My have a couple of buddies that have been working with Herb on the Versus business and one of the has the Blitz and a Warrior, I may have the second name wrong but it is their big bike. We ride together every couple of days and he is doing amazing things on the bikes. They are definitely very well built and I really doubt you are going to break one. I like the Transition bikes too but if you look at a Versus next to a Transition, the superior quality of construction and design of the Versus jumps right out at you. They are SWEET!!!!!!