Ventana Plus 4 or Plus 7 lower race on a DUC?- Mtbr.com

Ventana Plus 4 or Plus 7 lower race on a DUC?

Hello all,

Anybody know if the Ventana "Plus 4" or "Plus 7" lower crown race would work on a Maverick DUC? Also is it specifically designed for Chris King headsets? I've got a Nomad with a DUC on the front, which I love, but I would like to expierment with a slightly tall A~C, resulting in a slightly higher BB.

https://www.ventanausa.com/images/7mm.jpg
    https://www.ventanausa.com/main_accessories.html

Any feedback is appreciated, thanks.

Porch
    Last edited by Porchsong; 08-01-2006 at 09:17 AM.
    "If we were Vikings, Rocky Mountain aspen stands would be our Vahalla and its singletrack our bounty" - Mtn Flyer Mag #14

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Call Ventana but I do believe that is is designed for Chris King headsets only. It's a similar crown race with a taller base. If it does fit, try the 7mm. The 4mm will result in a difference probably impossible to distinguish from a regular race.

I called Ventana and Maverick

Ventana seamed to think it would be ok, but didn't have any expierence. I'm waiting on a call back from Maverick now. I'll post it up when I hear back.

Porch
    "If we were Vikings, Rocky Mountain aspen stands would be our Vahalla and its singletrack our bounty" - Mtn Flyer Mag #14

Well....

I never heard back form Maverick. But after talking to my LBS, it seams like wasn't a good idea anyway.

#1. Such a minor stack height change won't effectivily raise the BB
    #2. seams that it may "void the king warranty"
    #3 The taller race may result in greater leverage and be able to actually mechanically losen itself off the small lip on the bottom of the lower crown.

So, it seams it was never really going to make a difference anyway. My LBS said that as a general way to look at it is that an additional inch (longer fork) will typically raise the BB about .25 inch.

Porch

Members who have read this thread: 0