Updated IF

Printable View

• 11-23-2010
    twklei
    Updated IF
    Here is a pic of my updated IF. Full XT kit, Blacksheep Ti bars and post. Here she is.

• 11-23-2010
    misterdangerpants
    :thumbsup:
  • 02-27-2011
    crashmo
    Very nice!
  • 02-28-2011
    Kisherceg
    Quote:

Originally Posted by twklei
    Here is a pic of my updated IF. Full XT kit, Blacksheep Ti bars and post. Here she is.

not my cup of tea, but it's nice! only one thing: you should use mid cage rear derailleur, just because that would look better with the 1*9 setup. anyhow, your bike rocks! :thumbsup:
  • 03-16-2011
    shalesjr
    and we all know it's about how it looks...not functions :rolleyes:
  • 03-16-2011
    twklei
    The long cage was a free so I went with it. Works fine. Thanks for the heads up :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kisherceg
    not my cup of tea, but it's nice! only one thing: you should use mid cage rear derailleur, just because that would look better with the 1*9 setup. anyhow, your bike rocks! :thumbsup:

• 03-17-2011
    Kisherceg
    Quote:

Originally Posted by shalesjr
    and we all know it's about how it looks...not functions :rolleyes:

not only looks better, but with a mid cage derailleur a shorter chain could be used and it could be kept more tight by the der. ---> less chain drop, less chain chips on the frame, less weight :) and of course a better look. :)
  • 03-19-2011
    Hardguy
    Very sweet looking bike! Is that a bottle opener that is mounted between your headset and stem?!
  • 03-19-2011
    twklei
    Yes thats a bottle opener. Got to be able to open those cold beers at the the end of a ride. :D
  • 03-24-2011
    twklei
    I get alot of good and bad feedback on my bike. People say bars are way tooooo wide and the derailure should be a midcage, why a brooks saddle. I love it, thats why I had a custom bike made and I run different parts. I like the fact that there will not be another bike like it. PURE CUSTOM:thumbsup:
  • 03-24-2011
    Hardguy
    Haha, you're right. Nothing wrong with it at all. I love brooks saddles. There is nothing like real leather plus not too many saddles out there as comfortable as a brooks. Nothing wrong with the handlebar that I can see. It's not like you're a bike messenger riding in between cars in traffic that you need something super narrow. Enjoy that IF and make sure you use that bottle opener as much as you can. :thumbsup: