transport an EVO

Printable View

• 06-16-2008
    onabike
    transport an EVO
    I have a tray rack for my EVO now(hitch), so nothing but tires are touched. But I need an alternate rack. With the design of the EVO what do others use?
    I am looking to transport with out damaging the bike obviously. I have only used hitch racks and am thinking about using a Car to travel with the bike.
    With the location of the cables and such, short of buying rack after rack I was wondering what others do.
  • 06-18-2008
    Bradfly85
    I use a combo of an older Sportworks 2 bike carrier and a roof rack and tray. I've got a 36 so I run a Fork Up on the tray
  • 06-22-2008
    ortedd
    fork up?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradfly85
    I use a combo of an older Sportworks 2 bike carrier and a roof rack and tray. I've got a 36 so I run a Fork Up on the tray

What do you mean by "Fork Up"?

I use a home made 20mm adaptor for an old thule fork mount with my wive's vehicle, but need to pick up a rack to use on mine and the thule side arm, aka older sportworks rack is what I am looking at.

Thanks
  • 06-22-2008
    Iggz
    Fork Up = http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...s+Fork+Up.aspx

But if you already have one then I guess you don't need it..
  • 06-22-2008
    Bradfly85
  • 06-23-2008
    ortedd
    thanks
    I thought you were talking about a sportworks style rack that you kept the front tire on with, which is why i was wondering what you meant by fork up.