Trade FXR for Inferno?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Trade FXR for Inferno?

After 3 seasons of LOVING my '03 FXR, I'm thinking of upgrading eithe r to an '05 FXR with better tire clearance OR was thinking of an Inferno. This would be a trailbike, purely. But I'm all about the trip back down, so an extra 1.5" might not suck.

That said, I do have a Yeti AS-X with a Shiver as my big bike, so this might be too much crossover. Does the Inferno make as good a trailbike as the FXR? I still want to be able to climb relatively well...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit
    After 3 seasons of LOVING my '03 FXR, I'm thinking of upgrading eithe r to an '05 FXR with better tire clearance OR was thinking of an Inferno. This would be a trailbike, purely. But I'm all about the trip back down, so an extra 1.5" might not suck.

That said, I do have a Yeti AS-X with a Shiver as my big bike, so this might be too much crossover. Does the Inferno make as good a trailbike as the FXR? I still want to be able to climb relatively well...

dude the inferno kicks mutha fukn aarse...try it you'll like it....

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    the inferno is a good trail bike IF you're willing to ride a trail bike in the 34-38 pound range. it pedals well for a bike with that much travel. otherwise, if that's too heavy, go with an FXR.