jsalas2
    30.9 ,post pics would like to see another Tomac
  • 12-28-2014
    mightyjoe321
    Ofc,
    thanks a lot. Next week ;)
  • 12-31-2014
    mightyjoe321
    Hi again,sry for postingt under my post.I 'm interested is it possible to get bearings set for tomac vanish in europe and bearings size are they standard size? thanks
  • 12-31-2014
    jsalas2
    Hi, I have not replaced my bearings yet but was told they are standard sizes and available from bearing shops.
  • 01-08-2015
    mightyjoe321

here are some pictures as promised.

Parts are:
    Tomac vanish 160 frame,large size
    Avid elixir cr ,RF atlas 715 mm riser bar,truvativ wc stylo stem(will change for shorter soon)
    Crossline wheelset, Fox talas 36 rc2 front
    RF atlas crankset (changing 2.nd chainring for 36 T soon) ,truvativ bashguard
    X9 shifters, x9 and x0 deralieurs.
    Ritchey wcs seatpost ,ghost seat
    tyres Conti rubber queen and schwalbe black jack
    Solar storm lights. that's it :)
  • 01-08-2015
    jsalas2
    Looks good!
  • 01-08-2015
    mightyjoe321
    thanks m8,forgot to tell,easton pedals,do you know maybe where to get pins for them? lost some and can't find any stores on internet :/
  • 01-08-2015
    jsalas2
    Go to a hardware store, take the pedals, what you need are called grub screws. They sell different sizes and lengths. That's what I did.
  • 01-19-2015
    primooz
    2010 Snyper needs new main pivot bearings (inside frame).
    6802-2 RS

Looks like standard type (6802-2RS 6802-ZZ Radial Ball Bearing 15X24X5)

Problem is how to get it out?
    Any DIY advice?

• 01-19-2015
    jsalas2
    This might work for you, I might use a bolt instead of a wingnut,
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7TqWTSaHpbA
  • 01-19-2015
    primooz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jsalas2 View Post
    This might work for you, I might use a bolt instead of a wingnut,
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7TqWTSaHpbA

Problem is that bearing is not accessible because other side bearing is blocking it and there is no place to push washer inside on inner side of bearing to pull it out.
  • 01-19-2015
    mightyjoe321
    Quote:

Originally Posted by primooz View Post
    Problem is that bearing is not accessible because other side bearing is blocking it and there is no place to push washer inside on inner side of bearing to pull it out.

try pushing round wood stick from other side,place it on edge of bearing and kick few times with plastic hammer on the edges of bearing.It should go out...
  • 01-19-2015
    jsalas2
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mightyjoe321 View Post
    try pushing round wood stick from other side,place it on edge of bearing and kick few times with plastic hammer on the edges of bearing.It should go out...

What (mightyjoe says) go down to number 10

Workshop: Caring for mountain bike suspension pivots - BikeRadar

Thanks mightyjoe, I needed this info too. Let us know if this helps.
  • 01-19-2015
    mightyjoe321
    Great thread,thx jsalas ,i would like to add.When re-fitting bearings,put them in fridge (-20 ideal,but you can do on -10 too. It's easier to refit them because metal will decrease in diameter ,just enough.This works on machines we use on ship.
  • 01-23-2015
    primooz
    For information, I dissassembled and verify all bearings types on 2011 Snyper:

Main pivot: 2 x (6902-2RS)
    Short links: 2 x (6000RS) +2 x (R6R5)
    Main link: 2 x (6802-2RS)

Any experience with chinese bearings? On AliExpress I can get single bearing for 1-3 USD, here locally prices are 10-30 USD. Is it worth it?
  • 01-23-2015
    phoenixnr
    Tomac Bikes!
    I was getting one season out of the skf bearings (expensive). I wouldn't want to be changing bearings more than once a season. Even that's too much in my opinion. Go with the expensive ones. Ebay or Amazon should have better prices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • 01-26-2015
    mightyjoe321
    ebay could be ok,I buyed chinese for my ex marin wolf ridge frame on e bay,lasted 7 months,then sold frame.They are still ok after 1.5 years,i've contacted guy recently who bought frame.If you clean them and lubricate every 3 months,should be ok... Aggressive riding COULD be issue maybe.
    Anyone knows size of BB bearings on Vanish? I'm changing BB soon(Race face is squeaking:),so though about that too.
  • 04-14-2015
    bctrav
    For anyone interested, I posted 3 2012 Tomac completes in the classifieds. A large Snyper, medium Auto and a large Flint. They are all brand new, never ridden.
  • 03-20-2016
    tcraven
    Calling All Tomac Folks-

I have an Automatic 120. Recently while servicing the pivots getting ready for the new season, a bolt broke. I was able to extract it from the sleeve without damaging the threads. Does anyone have a pivot and bearing kit for sale or know where I might start looking for those parts? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tripp
  • 03-20-2016
    jsalas2
    My buddy repaired his by going to a real nuts-and-bolts store not home depot and finding one similar. Another option would be to go to a machine shop when they can probably fashion one up.
  • 10-10-2016
    mightyjoe321
    Broke Vanish 2 weeks ago :/ here is the pic.

image hosting no account
  • 04-13-2017
    TomactypeX
    1 Attachment(s)
    I wish this thread wouldn't die.....

Attachment 1131686
  • 04-13-2017
    jsalas2
    I have my Snyper 140, I'm gonna build back up as my backup bike. That's two of us.
  • 04-13-2017
    jsalas2
  • 04-14-2017
    tcraven
    I ordered bolts from an automotive fasteners company to rebuild my linkage.
    My Automatic 120 lives on and is my primary steed as of now.
    So that makes 3 of us.
  • 12-11-2017
    warimono
    2 Attachment(s)
    I have a Tomac Diplomat that I gave to my dad and something is funky with the rear dropout. We noticed that the QR skewer was getting bent and looking at the hanger/dropout area it looks like there was some sort of insert that fell out at some point. The hanger itself does not look like it is the mating surface to the skewer clamping down.

In the pics you can see the inside and outside. What is this suppose to look like? Is there supposed to be an insert that provides the mating surface on the outside? Where would I get a replacement?

Thanks!

Attachment 1171781Attachment 1171782
  • 02-23-2018
    law40177
    Anyone know what the weight limit is on the xl tomac diplomat frame picked one up still in box and wrapping for cheap gonna build it out but if I can't ride it whats the point I'm 6"3 280 usually ride hard tail with no problems at all and I push that giant to the limit lol.