Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Titus Bike Pr0n

372K views 902 replies 402 participants last post by  Thaiguy 
#1 ·
evrybody just post pictures of your titus.
only bikes!!!!!! :D

#864 · (Edited)
Oweya,

Can't get a full rebuild kit for the 8.25" x 2.0 Fox Float R TALUS....Fox doesn't support it anymore, and nobody makes an 8.25" shock so I went with a 7.875" x 2.00 2015 Fox Float CTD and looked all over the country for a set of rocker arms for a 7.875" shock, Titus did make these at one time. No one had a set they were willing to part with, so I machined & bushed the 8.25" arms to properly fit the 7.875" Float CTD. Turned out perfect, couldn't be happier, much better than stock setup cuz the Fox Float CTD is much superior to the old Fox Float R TALUS....much lighter too. Going with a dropper seat post and 1 x 11 driveline to finish out the 650b Switchblade conversion, parts are in the mail....totally jazzed.

#872 ·
Rescued another Titus Racer X frame from ebay last month. A 2007 Racer X Limited Edition. Parted out one of my other old bikes and built the Titus up with the components. The only issue being that it was listed as a 16" small and I neglected to find out if it was an 80 or 100 frame. Turns out to be an 80 and I only had a 100 fork to use. Actually it doesn't feel all that much different than my 2004 Racer X 100, or my 2012 X-Alloy. Just a bit shorter top tube length. Still rocks the XC trails regardless!

Attachments

#5 ·
My Precious! :D :D :D :D :D

Attachments

#9 · (Edited)
I snapped these "post" race (Comfort, TX TMBRA 4/17/05) as i was unloading them outa the truck although it was dry and dusty there was a few stream crossings to make the bikes dirty. If you look closely in the second photo you'll notice the still leaking stans-no-tubes on the rear wheel, i rode the last 4 miles on the rim after a sharp pointy rock the stans-no-tubes did as well as it could but didn't seal up 100% :p Every time i get the thoughts of adding a hardtail XC racing bike to my corral of bikes the Racer X convinces me other wise.

"pinky" in action!!

#12 ·
norvegian said:
here is mine

http://forums.mtbr.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=70230&stc=1

I had my first ride today and I love it . But i took just 3 hours and i broke my rear derraliure hanger and my x9 shifter . So in the middle of novhere it took 2 hours walking my bike home .

Simen
Cool looking ML.

First thing i did when i got my RX, was to buy another der hanger and put it in my camelbak. I also keep some zip ties in there.
Did you consider shortening the chain and making a SS out of the bike in order to ride out?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.